One of those nice moments

Just thought I would share this with you.

Yesterday afternoon I delivered a community talk at a local hospital. I was a bit early and as it was a beautiful afternoon- really sunny and mild- I sat on a bench for 15 minutes before I went in just enjoying the sunshine and the birds singing.

Later, when I was heading home, it occurred to me that the 'old' me would have seen that as a golden opportunity to smoke a fag (or probably two :o) before entering the hospital. As it was, smoking never even crossed my mind :). What a lovely feeling!

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I love this :D

• That's brilliant! No thought of stinking cigs just taking in what's around you....just lovely :) xx

• That is a lovely feeling:D

• :D:D

Yes, it really was. It made me very happy. :)

• No stinky distractions and more in tune with your environment. Just fab :D

• Hooray, kick nicodemons ass

:D:D:D

• You painted that picture so well I was sat there with you and I can really relate that it didn't occur to you smoke. We're getting there.

• Just thought I would share this with you.

Yesterday afternoon I delivered a community talk at a local hospital. I was a bit early and as it was a beautiful afternoon- really sunny and mild- I sat on a bench for 15 minutes before I went in just enjoying the sunshine and the birds singing.

Later, when I was heading home, it occurred to me that the 'old' me would have seen that as a golden opportunity to smoke a fag (or probably two :o) before entering the hospital. As it was, smoking never even crossed my mind :). What a lovely feeling!

Now that is fab hun, it shows that you're so set in your quit :D

Really lovely :)

You may also like...