Another Milestone

200 Days Smokefree

And I'm still enjoying the novelty of being a non smoker. Life is so much calmer, I have saved 18 days of rolling and smoking cigarettes, not to mention the life regained healthwise, I have saved around £300.00, not a lot in the grand scheme of things but I have bought myself some wonderful gifts as well as being able to support some excellent causes. I still get the odd niggle but I can honestly say I can't remember the last time I really wanted a cig. I have renewed my passion for cooking, nothing really fancy but I am enjoying food on a whole new level, just ask my weighing scales :o

Less than a year ago I was in A&E hooked up to an oxygen mask struggling for breath, I am not totally back to "normal" but I can walk and trot much farther than I've been able to in ages, I used to cough so much through the night that quite often I would throw up in the mornings and I often felt like I'd cracked a rib, now I can't remember the last time I had a coughing fit ;)

I haven't had icicles for hands and feet at all this winter, I haven't had the obligatory sniffle and I can honestly say I feel so well in myself, I have only had one mild attack of RA, I can only assume pumping chemicals into my body made that ten times worse!

I get an extra half hour in bed in the morning, I can watch a tv programme or film all the way through without having to "pop out", if we go out I'm not constantly wondering where I can go for a fag, worrying about losing our table as it's not nice going on your own and you can't risk leaving your bag/coat over a chair, I enjoy the whole film/play as I'm not itching to get out of the theatre after an hour.

All of this because I stopped doing something that made me stink, it made me skint, it made me guilty that I couldn't help others in real need because I needed the nicotine more, it took away my sense of taste and smell, it gave me yellow teeth and fingers, it made my eyes sting, it made me restless, it made me intolerable if I couldn't get my fix, it made me cough until I was sick, it made me so breathless at times I honestly felt I was dying, it made my hands and feet turn blue, and it made me believe I needed it and all the foul things that went with it. Guess what Nic? I've got your number now, it's all the sixes pic4ever.com/images/bd6.gif

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That is absolutely flipping brilliant!!

Coming out of the days I've just had, it's a real inspiration to read, as well as being totally brilliant for you too :D

You've definitely got Nic beaten!!

• Jeninegs :D:D:D:D: WOWEEEE !!!!!

That is THE most fantastic post. :):) It's brilliant to read, what an improvement you have made to your life. :):):)

I think you're brilliant, so much respect for you. You must be very, very proud of what you have achieved.

Such a great example to us all. bb xx

• WOW! that is just awesome. Your health is way more important and you unlike many realized this before it is too late.

• :D:D:D ^^^ TOTALLY FANTASTIC POST ALERT!!!!! ^^^ :D:D:D

Jennine you are ROCKING THIS!!! Sooooo happy for you! :D:D:D

Thanks Kat, not only am I rocking it, I'm loving it! Who knew life as a non-smoker could be so good? xxxx

• That is absolutely flipping brilliant!!

Coming out of the days I've just had, it's a real inspiration to read, as well as being totally brilliant for you too :D

You've definitely got Nic beaten!!

Thank you Gemma, I'm glad you managed to dig yourself out of that hole, I can remember a couple of really dark days when I honestly felt that I just could not do this, now I look back and think, blimey, that was just over six months ago, look at the difference now. You will do this too, you can be a bolshy little madam refusing to give in - you're a woman, it's your job ;) xxx

• Jeninegs :D:D:D:D: WOWEEEE !!!!!

That is THE most fantastic post. :):) It's brilliant to read, what an improvement you have made to your life. :):):)

I think you're brilliant, so much respect for you. You must be very, very proud of what you have achieved.

Such a great example to us all. bb xx

I am so proud I can't put it into words, especially when I realise I can walk all the way up to the top of a hill without having to stop twice to get my breath back. You are going great guns too, keep up the brilliant work. :cool:

• Jen you are a fab person and a fab quitter. U fought for your quit unlike me and was so strong awe of you. Well done my friend x

Thank you Debbie, I can't say I fought but that I'm a blinking stubborn old moo who refuses to let Nic get his feet back under the table, that and when I've got a cob on it will take more than a demon to wear me down grrrrrrr! LOL. I have to say the laughter has definitely made this easier, thank you with love xxx

• WOW! that is just awesome. Your health is way more important and you unlike many realized this before it is too late.

Thank you, like many others I thought the quacks were just fobbing me off by blaming all my ailments on smoking, but in the main they were right. I can't believe how much better I feel in just over six months xx

• Thank you Gemma, I'm glad you managed to dig yourself out of that hole, I can remember a couple of really dark days when I honestly felt that I just could not do this, now I look back and think, blimey, that was just over six months ago, look at the difference now. You will do this too, you can be a bolshy little madam refusing to give in - you're a woman, it's your job ;) xxx

Thanks hun :)

It was horible but somehow I got through!!

It's just fab to see that while you felt the same you're loving it now being a non-smoker :D Max asked me the other night if I thought it was possible to e happy without smoking and i didn't know - so it really helps to see people who are!!

Lol and yes I can do bolshy :p xxx

• You have done brilliantly me babber! Really well done, less than half of that time left til the golden year! Awesome eh? :D

• You have done brilliantly me babber! Really well done, less than half of that time left til the golden year! Awesome eh? :D

Cheers me luvver, I can't believe how quickly time has gone, once I got past the three month mark it positively whizzing by :D

• Fantastic post from a fantastic person. Massive well done to you quitting and have stayed quit :)

Thank you Craig - now I'm blushing LOL :p

• Big congratulations Jen :D x x

Thank you Hon, thank you for the support and the giggles, especially the Scobbra, that still makes me weak ;) xx

You may also like...