Only One Choice Live or Die

Friday, 19 July 2013

I stopped smoking last night at 9pm in the hope I will be able to reduce the amount of fat in my blood because at the moment the level of fat in my blood is dangerously high! Which could if left at this level could induce a heart attack or stroke. I am also taking other measures in my diet to reduce dairy fats if not eliminate them, which may help my avoid an early death or worse being crippled by a stroke and losing my independence

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Rex,

Good luck in your quit. It will be difficult but you will start to see results fairly soon so stick with it. If you're a keen reader then I recommend getting a copy of 'Allen Carr's easy way to stop smoking' if you haven't already read it - it's definitely helped me so far going cold turkey.

• Thanks lostie

I have been using the Champix it's day 9 today of taking them and today will hopefully be my first clear day smoke free I must say so far so good :)

• Hi Rex :) I think health is the main motivation for most of us on here.I feel I cant turn the clock back before I ruined my lungs and that makes me ashamed,but I can stop any further damage to my health....I can and I will.....is what I have to keep telling myself..good luck with your quit:D

• Thanks Carol

Hi Rex :) I think health is the main motivation for most of us on here.I feel I cant turn the clock back before I ruined my lungs and that makes me ashamed,but I can stop any further damage to my health....I can and I will.....is what I have to keep telling myself..good luck with your quit:D

Yes I agree with you although I have known for many years the damage smoking does the addiction proved stronger than the knowledge! And a trap we all seem to fall for it won't happen to me mentality! Well now smoking has started to reveal it's affect on my body, and although some of the damage is irreversible by not smoking now there will be definite advantages, so I have stopped smoking and I am determined to never smoke again.

You may also like...