20th Day

Today is my 20th day and I am feeling SO strong and am SO excited because I read that smoking is a habit and that it takes 21 days to break a habit so that must mean that after tomorrow I will never think of a cig again, huh? :rolleyes: One thing that I think has helped me is doing a latch hook (or crochet, needlepoint). It keeps my hands busy. And I LOVE my "When did I Smoke Last" app. If you do not this app or one like it, I strongly suggest it. It calculates how long since you have smoked, how much money you have saved, etc. I have found that if I am feeling weak and wanting a cigarette, if I pull up my app and am faced with the stats, I realize how far I have come and how I don't want to screw it up by having even just one cig. For everyone fighting this battle - BE STRONG - Other people have done this, so we certainly can too. :)

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done Linda. It is an exciting time for us. Finally breaking the habit that we've had for most of our lives. Keep going strong.

• Yey, go Linda!

Day 20 is a massive achievement so keep going and be really proud of yourself :)

• Today is my 20th day and I am feeling SO strong and am SO excited because I read that smoking is a habit and that it takes 21 days to break a habit so that must mean that after tomorrow I will never think of a cig again, huh? :rolleyes: One thing that I think has helped me is doing a latch hook (or crochet, needlepoint). It keeps my hands busy. And I LOVE my "When did I Smoke Last" app. If you do not this app or one like it, I strongly suggest it. It calculates how long since you have smoked, how much money you have saved, etc. I have found that if I am feeling weak and wanting a cigarette, if I pull up my app and am faced with the stats, I realize how far I have come and how I don't want to screw it up by having even just one cig. For everyone fighting this battle - BE STRONG - Other people have done this, so we certainly can too. :)

Well done Linda! :D

I love my no smoking app. I'm forgetful, for a start, so I need it to remind me of what day I'm on! Also, it shows daily pics and all the stats so I can see how healthy I'm becoming each day.

Huge thumbs up hun, you're doing great!! :) x

You may also like...