itchin for a smoke!

Hi everyone hope you're all doing well in your quits.

I have had a really rubbish couple of days craving wise but have made it thru. Im a bit worried about today and Saturday as its my birthday today (yay!!!) and having a get together Saturday night. I can't remember the last time i celebrated a birthday without having a cig in my hand! Gonna need immense will power after the last couple of days. I nearly crumbled yesterday but instead stood ironing for over 3 hours!!!!

Wish me luck i think im gonna need it

X

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY :D

Stick with it hun x

• I'm with Max on this one....the best birthday present you could ever give yourself is to not smoke! :D

If it gets really bad, 5-10 deep breaths and a few distraction techniques usually work.

I'm sure you'll be able to get through it. Just think, when you look back after the weekend, how proud you will be that you didn't succumb! ;)

• sorry to hear you have been having afew bad days hun :( just remember that pesky nic demon inside is realising that your determined to stay quit so is throwing everything it has at you to try and tempt you back

it will get easier the further along the path you travel

if your going out to celebrate your birthday i would say try not to drink too much as the pesky nic demon will try even harder by saying things like one wont hurt stay strong repeating i will not smoke today and you wilbe so chuffed with yourself for getting through another test

hope you have a great birthday :)

onwards and upwards is the only way to go

regards

Carol

• HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIC!!

Hang in there, you're doing just great to bat away those cravings! :D

Lots of deep breaths and secret sweeties/mints in your handbag should help.

xxx

• Hellooo,

Happy birthday!!

Well done for getting this far.

On my first day quitting I got really drunk, stole a cigarette and threw up! I felt rotten and mad at myself because I was convinced I wouldn't smoke.

The following day I started the quit again, since then I have had a few nights with friends- but I have made sure one is my quit buddy! They kept me under control!

Try and get someone u can trust who will keep giving u reasons why you don't want to smoke.

A good friend, and the right frame of mind will keep you going! Plus u have been off them a while, they will only make you feel sick.

Hope you have a lovely night! Have a great birthday!! Good luck :-)

Laura x

• Thanks everyone you are all right as usual! I need to get in the right frame of mind. I started this quit so positively and need to get back there.

My other half is being very supportive especially last night when i was talking myself into smoking and he was talking me out if it. He'll be there Saturday keeping me in check.

X

• Thanks everyone you are all right as usual! I need to get in the right frame of mind. I started this quit so positively and need to get back there.

My other half is being very supportive especially last night when i was talking myself into smoking and he was talking me out if it. He'll be there Saturday keeping me in check.

X

Awww, that's great that you have such good support from your other half. Mine has been really good too and has made me stop and think before rushing into anything. I've done as he suggested and have changed my mind every time I've been close to sparking up. It does help a massive amount to have someone encouraging you.

I lost my positiveness too :( about three or four weeks into my quit, but it's come back now! Sometimes you just need to give yourself a good telling off, or you'll spend all of your time moping and being unhappy.

You're doing just fine! :D xxx

• Ooh happy birthday Tic :D

sherv.net/cm/emoticons/birt... sherv.net/cm/emoticons/birt...

Definitely agree on not getting too drunk 'cos booze is a big trigger, but enjoy yourself and you've given yourself a flipping brilliant birthday present :D

• Hi everyone hope you're all doing well in your quits.

I have had a really rubbish couple of days craving wise but have made it thru. Im a bit worried about today and Saturday as its my birthday today (yay!!!) and having a get together Saturday night. I can't remember the last time i celebrated a birthday without having a cig in my hand! Gonna need immense will power after the last couple of days. I nearly crumbled yesterday but instead stood ironing for over 3 hours!!!!

Wish me luck i think im gonna need it

X

I get the same way :( The last time I had a quit buddy I chose the wrong person. I should have known...

I recommend drinking a little but enough to keep your wits about you (hard depending on age!). Make sure you're buddy is prepared to push you out the door away from all nicotine! Sometimes they need to be rough lol!

Try to think of it as a test. You will be tested at every turn at this gathering. But that's okay because you're going to push through and pass that test with flying colours! (that's how I think of it anyway!)

Wishing you all the luck tic, and Happy Birthday :D:D:D

• Make sure you're buddy is prepared to push you out the door away from all nicotine! Sometimes they need to be rough lol!

That's true!!

The one who really saved me is actually a smoker - although he doesn't smoke more than about 5 rollies a day and isn't that addicted (the b***ard :p) but when I got tipsy he was there to stop me smoking :D He even shoved a straw in my mouth and got me to smoke that but he wouldnt let me have a fag.

I owe him :)

Oh yes, and some clever mind tricks by one of my best friends, can't forget her, lol.

• Ha ha Gemma i love the birthday smilies, thanks!

I don't think my OH will let me smoke cos he knows i won't forgive myself. Im not big drinker so shouldn't be too bad, I've found the older I've got it takes too long to recover!

I bought some lollies yesterday as have been using extra strong mints every time i get a crave but then i can't eat or drink anything for ages after cos the taste is so strong!

:D

Thanks for all your support folks cheered me right up and am now looking forward to Saturday night instead of dreading it.

X

You may also like...