Mens Health Check

Hello all

Just been to a healthy heart check, I passed it all and even though I had put on weight (which I knew) I was still in the 10% range of being unlikely to have heart problems, my cholesteral was good as was pulse and BP.

One thing I did find out that I thought I would share with you all was that even though I was proud to say I was a non smoker (over 5 months now) I still had to be checked as a smoker. I believe that they could not test me as a non smoker until I reached a years quit. Also apparently for life insurance puroposes they don't class you as a non smoker until you reach 5 years quit.

As I said not that interesting, just thought I would share.

Take care all

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • 5 years really for life insurance, I thought it was a year, whered you hear that?

• It was the Health Professional who took my bloods etc.

I must admit I thought it was a long time period also.

• congrat on your good check up and 5 months quit!!:D

• Hello there

Thanks for the replies, I've made some further enquiries and Karri was spot on, it really does depend on your policy.

I'm sorry I confused you all, I'm 4 months in my quit, sorry for the typo! Wishing thinking that I will make 5 months.

Take care

• Hello there

Thanks for the replies, I've made some further enquiries and Karri was spot on, it really does depend on your policy.

I'm sorry I confused you all, I'm 4 months in my quit, sorry for the typo! Wishing thinking that I will make 5 months.

Take care

I am sure wishfull thinking does not come into it. 4 months under your belt, another 1 to go. You can do it :D

You may also like...