4 days and counting

Hi all.

It has taken me 22 years to realise that I have been a nicotine addict. Silly huh? I started smoking in school with my friends to be cool and it just went from there..

I`ve been averaging a pack a day for as long as I can remember, sometimes 2 especially when drinking. I would have a cigarette in about 15 mins after waking.

So why stop? I took a look in the mirror last week and happened to look at my tongue. It is starting to look like a burnt out piece of meat. It`s like I only realised then that I am actually cooking myself in a slow meat smoking process. Laughable but sad.

Not too mention my teeth and hands, which have this discernible tinge of yellow.

My first day was tolerable, on the second I started to experience symptoms such as chest tightness, extreme anger, irritability and lack of concentration.

I`m a online poker player so made a lot of bad playing decisions at this time!

Yesterday the 3rd day was better, still chest tightness and a general nastiness in attitude on the surface.

Today I realise I`m an addict. I have not smoked and am sickened at the thought of one. And sick at all of these years wasted hooked on this rubbish.

Thanks for listening to my rant! And good luck and strength to all quitters.

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done Tezza

Well done Tezza for getting this far. You seem to be coping well. I have stopped for 14 days and after reading your post decided to have a look at my tongue. Already there is an improvement-much more healthy looking. If you need any advice you are in the right place. Keep going .

Becky

• Well done Tezza for getting this far. You seem to be coping well. I have stopped for 14 days and after reading your post decided to have a look at my tongue. Already there is an improvement-much more healthy looking. If you need any advice you are in the right place. Keep going .

Becky

Thanks Becky. Appreciate it. Today seems to be the the stomach disorder day. Lol. And congrats on your 14 days! Hope to be there soon.:D

• hi tezza,

i too started smoking in school,it was good to look cool ,then.

fast forward 48 yrs,and nearly sixty yrs old.

at least you woke up quicker than me.

what a idiot.

im going to try to spend the rest of my life smoke free,before i havnt got a life to worry about.

we can do this ......together.

ollie xx

You may also like...