Day 6 - part two

Really want a cigarette and not even out drinking yet, why can’t I be a social smoker again?

Right…

….because that’s what I said when I had my son (after not smoking for 9 months) and 20 months later I have no control over smoking – it has control over me.

….because – work will still be hard and I will still feel stressed but I will also feel like a failure.

….. because there is no such thing as one cigarette, the people I am envying are not smoking socially when they want to, they have keep smoking when they get home and when they wake up and all the times they wished they didn’t smoke.

Ok crisis over but I think it’s safer if I hide under my desk now.

Thanks for listening… hope you are doing better than me

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Really want a cigarette and not even out drinking yet, why can’t I be a social smoker again?

Right…

….because that’s what I said when I had my son (after not smoking for 9 months) and 20 months later I have no control over smoking – it has control over me.

….because – work will still be hard and I will still feel stressed but I will also feel like a failure.

….. because there is no such thing as one cigarette, the people I am envying are not smoking socially when they want to, they have keep smoking when they get home and when they wake up and all the times they wished they didn’t smoke.

Ok crisis over but I think it’s safer if I hide under my desk now.

Thanks for listening… hope you are doing better than me

Hi ZMC

Sounds like you are doing ok to me ... keep it going strong everyday without a fag is a day of freedom well done :)

• think most of us are under the desk with you in spirit :mad:

some good uplifting posts to read though . we will do this hun :D:D

keep going - Ive got a rope and we will all push and shove each other up this cliff .;) xx

• day 6... awh feel for you ...its flipping horrible.

Just take it each hour ...the each nite before you go to bed smile :)

i rememeber early in quit getting up in a morning ....thinking Oh no do i have to deal with all the quit thing all over again,,it was a feeling of dread...but at night i used to feel so chuffed id done another day

It does get better ....the horrible panic feeling goes .. well done & good luck

• Sometimes it helps to just put this whole quitting experience into text. Quitting diaries help alot.. and you do seem to be seeing smoking for what it truly is. Just keep one step ahead of the nico-demon, he plays some funny cards to try to trip you up.

Keep goin'!

• thanks for the quick responses guys...really helps

• Made it home, didn't smoke - but I did ask for a ciggie so not felling great. most difficult day for me - don't want to do today again :(

• Glad you got through a tough day, Zena. I know, i've had several of them this past week and they weren't pleasant.

Stay strong and don't give in to temptation. It's not worth it.

You may also like...