Wanting to try again

Hi All

I want to quit - again :mad:

I started the champix again and managed to stop for a day a couple of weeks ago but the side effects were really bad and I felt like I was becomming a basket case.....

Anyway, think I have decided to go CT, just wondering when to set my date for. I'm having a week off work end of March and was wondering whether to do it then or whether to try while I'm working and busier.....

Have a couple of books to read, mainly Neil Casey - have tried Alan Carr before and find him too lengthy.

Just guess I'm asking for some tips as to when to set my quit date..

Thanks for reading

Jane

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • hi Jane

I'm sure you've heard as say there is never an ideal time to stop so if you think you'll do better when your busy go for now and get the first days over while you're at work

• Hi hopethistime,

I agree, there is no ideal time. Too busy, too stressed etc etc. I cannot smoke at work so was used to going through the working day without a ciggie (except before, lunch & after). Do whatever you think will be easier for you, set your date & stick to it ;) Do plenty of reading, there are some great links in peoples signatures on here. Any questions, just ask. Someone will be around :D

Build up as much positivity in your mind to get you started. It is the best thing you can ever do for yourself :D

gaynor x

• Thanks for you kind words......

Another quick ? if you don't mind, I am prone to feeling low at times and even suffer with depression sometimes, I'm scared that by giving up I'm going to exasperate this and won't be able to cope with the lows that are natural with giving up smoking, does anyone have any advice?

Thanks, Jane

• Hi Jane,

If it helps at all I am suffering from depression & at the moment signed off from work for 2 weeks.

I have been quit for 25 days today. I am so determined that this is my last quit that it's like a different person is doing the quitting. My depression has had no impact on it whatsoever. Let's face it, depressed when I smoked, depressed when I am not so smoking doesn't improve it so why do it ;)

If quitting makes you feel very down & weepy & emotional which it does for some I know (my son has real problems with that when trying to quit) try to hold on to that fact that it won't last forever & you will soon start to feel better. Read up as much as you can on it to prove to you it is a normal part of quitting but can be overcome.

Sending you lots of PMA, hugs & everything else I can to get you through :D

Love Gaynor xx

• Hi All

I want to quit - again :mad:

I started the champix again and managed to stop for a day a couple of weeks ago but the side effects were really bad and I felt like I was becomming a basket case.....

Anyway, think I have decided to go CT, just wondering when to set my date for. I'm having a week off work end of March and was wondering whether to do it then or whether to try while I'm working and busier.....

Have a couple of books to read, mainly Neil Casey - have tried Alan Carr before and find him too lengthy.

Just guess I'm asking for some tips as to when to set my quit date..

Thanks for reading

Jane

Jane?

I know you found allen carr 'too lengthy' a title that might raise a smirk among the friday afternoon jokesters.. arf arf,

but can i recommend his DVD instead? Its only an hour to watch it, but i'm convinced it delivers enough of the message to really hit home and as you are going CT this time, this may well prove a great ally for you.

j

You may also like...