Day 2.. nearly gave in.. but overcome it

Whoop Whoop..

Day Two... who'd have thought it eh??

Went to bed last night feeling quite content in the end and had a great nights sleep.

Woke up ok... then the stress hit me after my 5 year old sat too near the fire and burnt his brand new coat!! I hit the roof mainly because of the fear that he could have gone up in flames!!!! I was in the same room putting my 2 yr olds coat on at the time so was really stressed about it :mad:

I was yelling " thats it when i get back from school run im finding hubby's baccy and rolling one" was adamant i would.

But after the walk and fresh air i calmed down and NO i havent been and found hubby's.. so feel quite pleased with myself.

Just going to have another read of my reasons and re-read the nicodemon story, then must hit the ironing... will keep this open in the background for that " craving moment" to bring me back to reality again.

Speak soon xx

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done!

Well done you for not buckling under stress! On day 2, that is a big achievement.

You're doing great and doing the right things, too - stay busy, take deep breaths and sip water when the cravings come, remind yourself over and over again of why you are doing this, and post here whenever you want to.

One thing which may help is to remind yourself that cigs don't relieve stress, they cause it, by setting off the nicodemon immediately after you've smoked the cigarette. I found in the very early days, just reminding myself that a cig would not help whatever stress I was under kept me away from them until the stress passed and I was out of danger.

Good luck!

Lottie x

• Morning Snow,

Well done you for not giving in. As Lottie said a ciggie would not have undone anything that happened (or could have happened) & would have left you feeling awful about having had it. I always used to ask myself if having a ciggie will help this situation & the answer is always NO.

You alos have proved to yourself now that you DON'T need one. Every hurdle passed is a lesson learnt :D

Hope the kiddies are ok. Enjoy the ironing:rolleyes:

Gaynor x

• Thanks ladies..

I really feel pleased as punch that i didnt give in. :D

You are very right, having a smoke wouldnt have changed the situation at all!!

The kiddies are fine... 3 older ones at school, just the 2 yr old at home, so peaceful here at the moment.

IRONING SUCKS!!!!!!!!! But with 6 of us in our house its never-ending :mad:

Right must get on

xxx

• Well done snow! Having day 1 under your belt really gives you a boost and strength to continue doesn't it. ;)

Keep going & have a rant if you need to - we've all been there :D

• Thanx Vesper... i am sure the ranting will come along and will be very strong :D

So far so good today... have kept busy, been to shops to get mothers day cards..

Started feeling down though.. my mum asked me to buy her some daffodiles, but ones in a pot ready to plant.. She wanted them in memory of my brother..

Could i blooming find them anywhere!! NOOOOO could feel myself getting worked up so went and sat back in the car for 5 mins to chill out and it worked lol

Got the flowers in the end too :)

Nearly school pick up time, so peace time over for the next few hours :D

Not long now until i hit the 48 hrs mark *thumbs up*

xx

• Evening All..

I feel like its been a really good day today!!!

only thing wrong is that i keep talking out loud to myself.... :eek: its when i talk to that nicodemon inside me when he tries to wind me up..

Kids find it hilarious and asking who i am talking to or think i am talking to them when i tell nico NO!! i get the " i havent asked you anything mum" lol

Well only 2 hours to go and i have done two full days *yay go me*

Going to chill with hubby now and watch hurt locker..

catch you all tomorrow

xx

Ooo nearly forgot to say... my neighbour brought me round her old exercise bike earlier so have been on and off of that the past few hours... so hopefully with all this munchyness i get i wont pile on too many pounds

• Well done 2 days smoke free is good HA HA I remember talking to the deoman as well

Below is my standard welcome and advice post which I try and give all new members

Welcome to the forum and well done on the decision to quit possibly one of the most important you will ever make and you will be losing nothing but you will regain control of your life and that has to be good

You will find all the help and support you need on here as we all help each other just like a family we are here for you every step of the way cheering the good days and sympathising with the bad but the good far outweigh the bad

Read the posts on here you will find a lot of tips and advice and in the signatures of a lot you will find links to other sites just click on them Here are 2 I find very good to start you off whyquit.com and woofmang.com Read, read and then read some more as the more you read and learn about why you smoked and about your addiction the easier your quit will be

This link is good for the psychological part of quitting whyquit.com/whyquit/A_Sympt...

Post often to let us know how you're doing, to rant, rave have a moan whatever you like pretty much anything goes on here OK

Marg

• Morning Marg... Talking to Nico is ok :p

Thanks for the welcome, advice and links... :)

xx

NOW........................

Goodbye day two... im off to day three and dont want to see you again byeeeeeeee

You may also like...