Heeeelp

OK, So I used to play bingo lots before i quit but havent since the quit. I really wanna go tonight with the hubby but am terrified!! I have avoided any places that associate me & smoking. Bingo, Bars, etc. They do have a "no smoking section" but its way too quiet in there for me. Oh and its not so much that I will be tempted to smoke, thats not what scares me. Im scared that all the smoke is gonna contaminate me by breathing in all the smoke in that place (heavy smoke). Is that possible that my quit will be over with if I breath in the smoke?? Im confused. I know its only 3:40 pm and is alot later there, but hopefully someone is here that can help. Thanks. :confused:

21 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Zanadoo

As much as we would like to it is not always possible to avoid smokers :eek:

I am sure you won't find it as hard as you think you will. If you really can't bear to go to a non smoking area at leats being around other smokers will emphasise what a good choice you have made. Stand back a bit & down wind & try not to breathe it in too much.

More importantly have fun as the new non-smoekr you are now.

gaynor xx

• oh apologies for spelling, my fingers not working as quick as my brain LOL

:p

• ok.

lol. Ok . I think I will get ther early and sit close to the front door of the building, every time the door open a gush of fresh air comes in. I just dont want that nasty cig smoke to be in my system......it wierd. Im not sure but its freaking me out. lol....:o

• Poor you ...

Hey Hun,

So you still have smoking in public buildings in ??Texas?? :confused: I think the reason a lot of us have been so successful this time is coz it is banned in pubs etc.

I think you have a tough choice this early in your quit ... do you think you can handle being around so many smokers sat in the smoke?? Not sure I could. I wouldn't say that passive smoking will effect your quit as long as you don't actually smoke one yourself but maybe think long and hard about whether you are ready to be in a room full of smokers .. it is not weak to think it might be too tough yet.

Can you perhaps change your habit for a while ... perhaps you and hubby could go to the cinema ... or can you smoke there?! I know it is not so much fun but you can also play Bingo online!!! Then again if smoking is in all the pubs etc perhaps you should go with it from the start and just get used to it??

I have continued to have a weekend drink as normal as I didn't want to overcome smoking and then come across the stress of having a drink without a smoke. I have tried to tackle it as i go along but this is made easier as it is just the psycological I am dealing with not sat watching smokers and smelling it.

Tough Call ZaNaDoO ... what ever you decide STAY STRONG HUN .. you have come this far. You will be so proud tomorrow if you overcome this.

Jodi

x:p

• Thanks

This is the longest i have ever quit. Today is day 27. wow. We have gone to the cinema 3 times in the last 2 weeks...kinda getting boring. I have not drank alcohol since January 23rd and am even scared to do that. I used to easily smoke 2 packs in about 4 hours when drinking. Drinking makes me wanna smoke as I always tied them in together, so I cut the drinking before the cigs. Im going to go and get through this. I cant believe i missed my sisters bday party because i was in fear of smoking and drinking. I cant live like this, in fear. I dont like it. My husband is really getting to me, he jokes around saying "come on lets just get a pack" and he laughs but i have told him time and time again, not to joke like that, not funny..:mad:.Hopefully he stands firm with me tonight and if he gives in oh well, I refuse to go there. Im preparing myself.

• lol. Ok . I think I will get ther early and sit close to the front door of the building, every time the door open a gush of fresh air comes in. I just dont want that nasty cig smoke to be in my system......it wierd. Im not sure but its freaking me out. lol....:o

I understand that totally. If I have to walk past anyone smoking I hold my breath :eek: My hubby still smokes (outside) & I hold me breath to kiss him as well LOL.

Have fun, don't focus on the smoking thing - it's not part of your life now OK ;)

Gaynor xx

• Good for you ... take the bull by the Horns. You obviously feel strong enough as like you say you missed your sister bday party so you weren't strong enough then.

If your hubby smokes thats his choice ... tough ... you don't have too and it sounds like you won't.

Go girl you can do it ... oh, and I take it you may be able to recommend a few good movies then lol!!

Hope you win tonight.

x

• lol

Thank you Jodib and Gaynor,

You guys have made this whole situation so much better. (sigh of relief) Um the last movie we watched was Legion, it was a little too graphic (blood, killing etc) but it was a good movie.....:) Thank GOD its almost time to go home 4:11pm. Its been a long day. Too nice a alot of sunshine to be indoors...:cool:

• Sunshine .........What's that?????:confused:

Gaynor x

• funny

It is about 70 degrees here, sun is out, cool southern breeze is flowing....

• If you could see my face LOL, rub it in why don't you :D:p

Gaynor xx

• ??

How is the weather there?

• Grrrr ...

You really can go off some people can't you Gaynor LOL ... I thought she was nice up until the last few comments !!!!!!!!!!!:D

Joking hee hee ... the weather is pitch black here and it is time for bed!!!! Spring is taking its own bloody time to evolve at the moment.

Oh How I long for long summer nights ... it must make your quit just that little easier ..lucky you ;)

Jodi x :p

• You really can go off some people can't you Gaynor LOL ... I thought she was nice up until the last few comments !!!!!!!!!!!:D

Joking hee hee ... the weather is pitch black here and it is time for bed!!!! Spring is taking its own bloody time to evolve at the moment.

Oh How I long for long summer nights ... it must make your quit just that little easier ..lucky you ;)

Jodi x :p

hehe, well when it's not dark as it's 22.43 here it was for me bright, then misty, warmish (6 degrees) then cold (within 40 Mins) then got colder & yukkier & never got any better. Should be ..... wait for it .... 9 degrees tomorrow. yahoo :eek:

g xx

• No not really

mY QUIT WOULD BE EASIER IF IT WERE FREEZING OUT!! THAT WAY I WOULDNT WANT TO GO IN THE COLD TO SMOKE... NOW THAT IT IS NICE AND WARMING , THIS IS ABOUT THE TIME TO GRAB SOME WINE OR A COUPLE OF BEERS AND JUST RELAX OUTSIDE ON THE PORCH SWING ENJOYING THE NIGHT (MINUS THE CIG OF COURSE). BUT SINCE I HAVENT BEEN DRINKING OR SMOKING I PRETTY MUCH JUST SIT. i DONT GO OUT HERE AT WORK, MOSTLY EVERYONE SMOKES HERE SO i STAY AWAY....

• Ok ladies, Im gonna sign out for now but of course not for long. Talk to you guys tomorrow. Have a good night sleep as my evening is just beginning.... I HOPE I WIN BINGO>>>>WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Are you having a "quitting rage" and shouting at us ZaNaDoO .. it was all in caps hee hee!!!

Stop teasing ... I want to be on that sunny porch!! I am afraid we are used to the cold so that was never a deterent ... it is quite funny now though looking at all the addicts that do stand in the rain and cold to feed their addiction .. we are better than that HA HA!

No matter where we are this ain't easy ... I'm just jealous!

:cool: - This is you on your quit in the :)

:eek: / :eek: - This is me and Gaynor enjoying the eye popping freezing cold of our quit!!

Hee hee ... stupid I know!!

xx

• lol

Sorry didnt notice all caps on, im ready for home!! lol. That wasnt stupid, that was funny, had me laughing really loud....

• Ok, really gotta go...hee hee. really this time. buh bye. Til tomorrow..... MaRiA

• Night all ...

Time for bed ...

Have a fun time Zan .. stay strong Hun.

Let us know how you get on tomorrow. I'm in the Turkeys group you joined too so you can always post on there too.

Don't smoke while we sleep .... ;)

xx

• Are you having a "quitting rage" and shouting at us ZaNaDoO .. it was all in caps hee hee!!!

Stop teasing ... I want to be on that sunny porch!! I am afraid we are used to the cold so that was never a deterent ... it is quite funny now though looking at all the addicts that do stand in the rain and cold to feed their addiction .. we are better than that HA HA!

No matter where we are this ain't easy ... I'm just jealous!

:cool: - This is you on your quit in the :)

:eek: / :eek: - This is me and Gaynor enjoying the eye popping freezing cold of our quit!!

Hee hee ... stupid I know!!

xx

Lol, funny.

Night Jodi. Night (but not night LOL) Maria.

Sleep well/have fun but most of all keepstrong, keep quit.

Gaynor xx

You may also like...