Day 15

Hi folks,

Just checking in really. Can't believe its day 15 and i am in week three :) Still have the cold and mega stressed at work so just want to sleep all the time. But still on the patches and still not smoking. Emotions still a bit up and down. I am like a bear with a sore head til about glad I live alone right now. Not sure what to blame that on lol.

People at work have started to ask me how I am getting on and those that know what a stressful time I have had keep asking how many slips have I had.......thats starting to annoy me but I do feel really good saying none and seeing the look on their faces :D Its mostly smokers asking that to be honest.

Had a couple of cravings today which bothered me a wee bit but nothing I can't handle.

Has anyone else quit using the patches? The folk at the chemists don't seem to know when I should be going down to the next strength? Any advice on what to expect when I do?

6 Replies

• Good patches bad patches but all lead to good patches

Hi I stopped Xmas Eve and have gone CT so have no exsperience of replacements but there are so many on this forum who will be able to give you advice

I would say that the way to go would be to play it by ear when you get couple weeks maybe go down a little and so on

But one thing I would say that has helped me greatly is plent of icy water every day seems to help wash out the rubbish

And I will leave you with my poem which if you print off is a good mantra Speak soon

I’m really glad that you’ve quit

Cause in the past you’ve smoked some sh**

Smelly Hair Hands and Breath

Shorter Life but longer Death

Up the hills you’ve got no puff

Smokers cough that makes you rough

So pass each day without the weed

Cause only then will you succeed

So Bravo to all that now don’t smoke

Cause early Death is sure no Joke

• hey congrats on the first couple of weeks done and dusted debs. Didnt use patches myself but I think you go down after about 6 weeks? don''t quote me on that:o

• Hi Debs :D

15 days is great well done Big Hug

Sorry I can't help re the patches as I didn't use them but some one who did will be along later I expect

If not PM Jase I'm sure he'd be pleased to help/advice on this and I know he used them

marg xx

• Patches

Hi Debs

Congrats for getting so far! :)

I am now on day 19 and using the patches. I am on step 1 which is for people that smoked 20 a day or more and I have to be on them for 6 weeks. I then go to step 2 for 6 weeks and step 3 for 2 weeks.

I hope that helps!

Hel x

• Thanks!

Thank you all.

I appreciate the advice. I am going to try to find some decent reading on using patches I think and hopefully post some links for the others using them.

Finding this weekend hard. First night out last night for food then onto a comedy club. I was fine in the pub but when we walked into the club the smell of smoke was overwhelming. I have no idea why it smelled of smoke but from then on I was really unsettled all night and went through so much chewing gum my jaws were sore. I think cos I could see the acts at the side of the stage hanging out a door smoking. I don't even really want a cig but the cravings feel like they are coming through worse even though I am still on the patches.

I am still determined but dissapointed to be struggling still. Really tired after a horrible week at work and getting over another cold. Boo-hoo poor me is what I am really trying to say :o

Going to put my new Harry Potter DVD on and try to stop eating chocolate and thinking about the cravings.

Hope everyone is having a good day :)

• Hey Debs does that make it about 2 weeks 2 days now very well done.

I had that problem the other day when one of my pupils was smoking and I got a big wiff of it. It took me a good couple of hours to settle again but we do.

Well done keep going you're doing great.

Jack xx

You may also like...