How sad is this!

Yesterday afternoon I braved the freezing conditions and went into town to do the last (I hope) of the Christmas shopping. I was feeling awful (bad cold etc) and decided to stop at a cafe for a cup of coffee.

I could not believe it - minus probably 5 degrees and there they were - the smokers sitting at the outside tables in the freezing cold smoking. There must have been at least 10 of them and I have to say they looked absolutely ridiculous. Clutching cups of steaming coffee in one gloved hand whilst puffing away with the other.

I can honestly say I felt sorry for them and so very glad that I don't do that any more.

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Soosy :D

I'll bet you're really glad you don't have to do that any more

Also hope you managed to finish the last of your shopping

Love

Marg xx

• Totally agree soosy, my favourite coffee shop is lovely and snug inside, I always sat outside all year round I must have been mad or totally dedicated to the demon weed. Smells lovely inside, fresh coffee and cakes yummie.....

Dee xxx

• Noticed the same thing when I was shopping too, it actually stopped me grabbing a cup and the fact that the place was rammed.

Glad to no longer smoke on so many levels.

Reasons to be thankful

1) I don't have a dreadful hacking cough

2) I don't stink of fags anymore

3) I don't stress when I can't feed my addiction

4) I'm not paying out £5 plus a day to do something that kills me

5) I don't feel like an outcast

• Hi Soosy

Went shopping with my friend yesterday and I also noticed the people outside of cafes.

I can't believe I would have done that a month ago!:eek:

Best Wishes and a ""Happy smoke free Christmas""

Julie E

• I think we were all there once or twice.. brave a shop, have a smoke, brave a shop, have a smoke.. ohh the stress of christmas shopping /fear.

thankful to be through all that now.

• We all need to pat ourselves on the back.

Off to brave the seething masses again. Thankfully as a non smoker.

M

• Yeah Soo, we see them all the time. Its funny, but I can smell smoke

before I reach the door, but no ones there. Kinda glad I'm not out

there (it was -17C the other day)......yikes:eek:

Keep up da quit!

You may also like...