Leg cramps?

Anyone else suffering from leg cramps? Right in the calf muscles but also in the feet and toes, its really bad and been that way for about a week now and hurts even the next day when I walk after I've been sitting for a while.

Not sure if its withdrawal, the patches or just me, as I do sometimes get cramps but dont think I've ever had it this bad. Started taking Crampex two nights ago and hoping that will settle it down. Otherwise all ok. :)

I'm due at the stop smoking clinic on Thursday and will mention it to the Nurse, who is wonderful - she was a heavy smoker herself and is so understanding. Thank you Nurse Kate. xx

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Anyone else suffering from leg cramps? Right in the calf muscles but also in the feet and toes, its really bad and been that way for about a week now and hurts even the next day when I walk after I've been sitting for a while.

Not sure if its withdrawal, the patches or just me, as I do sometimes get cramps but dont think I've ever had it this bad. Started taking Crampex two nights ago and hoping that will settle it down. Otherwise all ok. :)

I'm due at the stop smoking clinic on Thursday and will mention it to the Nurse, who is wonderful - she was a heavy smoker herself and is so understanding. Thank you Nurse Kate. xx

Hi Vivienne

Are you drinking plenty of fluids like Water or fruit juices ? everything points towards dehydration but like you say your Nurse will probably have the right answer hope it goes away quickly for you :)

Here is an article i found

• Bradders thanks for your thoughts, but its not lack of fluids, I'm quite good on that score. I hope its just a temporary thing - b painful it is!!

• Thanks Chrissie, will try that, cheers! xx :)

• Hi Vivienne

Well done so far hun, and it is great you ahve got a fab stop smoking nurse.

Yes I also had and still do get leg cramps....thought it was just me so thanks for your post....

Done fluids and tonic (without the gin) and it does get better but I am still getting them. I also get very restless legs at night, although that too is getting less and less....

Doc said it is to do with circulation changing......

Sorry I do not have a cure but it will get better.....

xx

• Lornaj thank you for that post - I could hug you!! xx I also get that restless legs thing but never did before my quit - I can quite see it would be to do with a change in circulation as mine was not good before. I did get cramp from time to time before the quit but this is cramp with bells and bloody whistles on!! xxxx

• Lornaj thank you for that post - I could hug you!! xx I also get that restless legs thing but never did before my quit - I can quite see it would be to do with a change in circulation as mine was not good before. I did get cramp from time to time before the quit but this is cramp with bells and bloody whistles on!! xxxx

A couple of little things that help....sit with legs up at night and if you get cramp in your foot/toes....stretch your toes towards your knees and hold...sounds mad but it does help.

hey...we can be freaks together xx

You may also like...