Can post transplant patients have a tattoo ?

Hi everyone , iv joined to simply ask one question, in 2010 I had a kidney transplant and have had no problems since. My mother gave me my kidney so therefore a brilliant match. I want a tattoo in remembrance of my second chance to a new life and the birth of my daughter which I was told by doctors my a perm would deteriorate. People have said in other forums that as long as its done by a licensed tattooist

(Shop) and looked after carefully it should be fine. Can someone please give me a straight up answer to wether I can have one or not?

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • If its been that long you should be fine, when I asked my consultant if I could get one done, had my transplant in June 2012, he said it should be fine as long as I go to a proper, well established shop with good hygiene. Hope this helps.

• June 2012 when I got my kidney

• Thanks 2012kowboy and andy this has helped a lot , the work il be getting done will be by a licensed shop and of course il look after it , the shop

Has said they need a note or letter of some sort of the hospital gp or doctor just to state like its ok to have a tattoo done do you think the hospital would give me a note ?

• I been trying to find out the same question I got my transplant in 2012 and would like a tattoo how did it work out for you