Pregnancy with stage 4 kidney disease

Pregnancy with stage 4 kidney disease

I Have had stage 3 for a number of years, we decided to try for a baby at the end of the year, and i have spent the last few months trying to get my body in the best condition possible. loose wait etc.

But very recently I have found out my kidneys have got worst i’m now at stage 4 blood results GFR 19.

creatinine 247.

My renal doctor seems to think If I do get pregnant I have a one in 3 chance of moving to stage 5.

I would really like to hear from ladies who have been in this or similar situation, I’m very confused.

I always wanted a baby I’m only 37 Help!

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • do you have a supportive family, if you really want to be a mum and you have plenty of support should you become more ill once the baby is here, i would go for it, maybe talk to dr and get all the info,

• Thank you xx

• Hi I had a baby 12 years after my transplant, both me and baby were fine. I supose the thing you have to consider is that if you wait before trying for a baby and you move to stage 5 anyway or even dialysis then the chance of having a baby become less??? Its a difficult decision....good luck x

• Thank you xx

• Hello, I was stage 3 when I was pregnant with my daughter and was 37 like you. I was very closely monitored and well looked after by a great consultant, I was induced about 4 weeks early as they were worried my kidneys were getting worse, both me and baby were fine. My situation is different as I was and still at stage 3. Started with GFR of 40 and now is 35. Speak to your doctor and get as much info as you can and good luck x

• Thank you xx

• Hi fashiongee, I don't have any medical knowledge about this, but I would say get all the facts you can, get the docs on your side, and if you still feel the same, take a chance and go for it. You will always regret it if you leave it too late to try. Very best wishes with it all xx

• Thank you xx

You may also like...