Rituximab

Hello,I've been reading through the posts a long time here but this is my first post.

I have CKD 3b ...gfr 38% but recently dropped to 33. It's an autoimmune thing for me...my body just attacking itself. I also have autoimmune pancreatitis.

I have been waiting for about a year now for funding &licensing for a rituximab infusion which I've now been accepted for. Has anybody else ever had one?Apparently it kills all your B cells,then your body reproduces them...so Dr is hoping my body will only grow back good ones,not the ones attacking my body. She is hoping this might save me a transplant in the future. I'm 38 years old.

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • what i believe THEY are trying to use u as a guinea pig for their reseaserches

• Lol. .I have been a guinea pig since I was 19 as there are only 100 reported cases of my diagnosis worldwide. So it is a bit tricky for them to know how to treat me. My consultant gastroenterologist actually went to Japan for me back in 2000 based on 15 patients,&that's when they came up with the diagnostic criteria. So I am always greatful for what they try for me.

• Go for it. It worked great for my husband

• Thank you dozie! Did he need any time off work because of being immune compromised?

• My husband is retired, so that wasn't an issue. But no, he has not felt compromised in any way. And his protein leakage is down to 1.22 from almost 9 grms a year ago. "Partial remission" they call it. Still hoping for full remission but he feels great and we're leaving tomorrow for 10 days in the Galapagos Islands.

• Oh wow...Galapagos Islands sound amazing! ! Have an awesome time! Thanks for your reply&I'm glad rituximab helped!!I am hoping to get my infusions within the next month. I haven't heard of any other people having this treatment other than for Rheumatoid arthritis &cancer so it's reassuring to hear from someone who's been treated with it!

Again, have an amazing holiday!

Dx

• Dear One, I wish you a quick recovery and a healthy life.

• Thank you aadd4444!