Help with Kidney Problems

Hi no doctor has ever told me that I have ckd but alot of health problems I've experienced in my life seem to be symptoms relating to kidney damage. when I was about 20 in 1984 I had chest pains and when I urinated it was painful and the urine was cloudy white I went to the doctors and had a urine test and they found albumin in it. My doctor said I had kidney damage he said if your lucky you will lead a normal life with it or it could get worse but most people manage to live normal lives with it.

Well turned out I was lucky the chest pains disapeared and I was able to urinate without pain, once in a blue moon my urine would be cloudy with albumin but that was my only symptom and this is still happening. In 2006 I had a very bad pain in my right arm It was so painfull I could hardly move it, I went to the hospital the nurse put my arm in a sling gave me a painkiller and said it was a muscle spasm. Also I lost my sex drive around september 2010 and have trouble getting and maintaining an errection and problems with climaxing wich I heard are other symptom's of kidney damage.

Since then I've had muscle spasms in the whole of my right arm once after finishing a 20 minute phone conversation I found I couldn't lower my arm without feeling pain and also in my lower right arm. Now while out walking after about 2-10 minutes or just standing for a long time I start feeling low to mild pain in my right hip, but sitting down gives temporary relief. I also go more often than usual to the toilet to urinate I even get up during the night to urinate, my doctor does not yet know about my hip pain or my urinating problems.thanks

Last edited by

5 Replies

  • I would suggest you see a nephroligist (kidney doctor) & also a neurologist and cardiologist. A lo of things are going on and symptoms could point to the wrong diagnosis so you need to check all of these Dr.s right rule out everything, etc.

  • Get to a Kidney man right away. . you need correct diagnosis immediately. when you get that do exactly what the specialist orders. That is the only advice available

    Good luck. ... Vaw 777

  • Thanks for your advice but I must point out that I live in the uk and I'm on benefits, so don't have the the money to see private specialist doctors. It's nhs hospitals and doctors for me I guess but, I will ask my doctor about seeing the specialist doctors mentioned and see what he says when I see him

  • Hi . you have a lot of syptoms that I never have and don't see why you relate all of them to kidney problems . Urinating more and during the night was nothing to do with my kidney failure , it was due to an enlarged prostate , if anything with kidney failure you may find you pee less as your kidneys don't work as normal therefore you retain more liquid . The muscle spasms in the right arm and being off sex , why do you relate those to kidneys I never had either in the 23 years I have lived with renal failure not even whilst on dialysis . Erection problems can be due to some medications and muscle spasms can be due to medications too such as statins , which judging by your age and living in the uk your GP may have put you on them . Personally you need to get a full medical , and get things like your psa checked . As I think there may be a lot more then just renal problems going on . Have you had your heart checked too?

  • Hi I am not on any medication I've never had a full medical, I have had my heart checked blood and urine samples taken, heart and urine samples were normal one blood test showed low calcium level, which I thought was strange as I consume at least a pint of milk every day.

You may also like...