Monday Funday: Happy Monday! Needed to cheer... - Weight Loss NHS

Weight Loss NHS

107,045 members55,784 posts

Monday Funday

Sarah-Phim
Sarah-Phim3 stone

Happy Monday! Needed to cheer myself after a weekend of trying to book a Covid test for my 7 year old that started to cough. On the bright side, I was actually put off when I tried to eat a burger and chips in a moment of weakness.

27 Replies
oldestnewest
Lytham
LythamSuper Host 3 stone

Hope the little one's OK?

Would you like to join us on the Daily Diary and post your menu for tomorrow? Here's the link, I hope to see you there :-) x

healthunlocked.com/nhsweigh...

Sarah-Phim
Sarah-Phim3 stone in reply to Lytham

Yeah, he’s fine but can’t go to school or work without test. Finally did home test this morning, so now a wait for results.

Lytham
LythamSuper Host 3 stone in reply to Sarah-Phim

Fingers crossed, how long does it take to find out? X

Sarah-Phim
Sarah-Phim3 stone in reply to Lytham

Says up to 48 hours.

Lytham
LythamSuper Host 3 stone in reply to Sarah-Phim

Hope it all comes back negative for you both x

I appreciated the meme 😂 hope it's a negative test result 🙏🏻 keep going on the healthy food choices. You got this 💪🏻

Sarah-Phim
Sarah-Phim3 stone in reply to HealthyAppetite001

Thank you and thank you 😀

Well done! Hope he's alright. Only had 2/3s of my y8s today. Scaring me!

I've been terrible this weekend and not slept enough either. Parents Eve tomorrow, too. Trying to work out if I can find energy to cycle in. Have not been monitoring my eating at all. Can't even remember what I ate 😂 need to find the re-set button but it's lost under the marking!

Are you going well despite the covid scare?

Sarah-Phim
Sarah-Phim3 stone in reply to CycloGoose

I feel your pain, apparently we had 79 kids off today. That’s across whole school, just everyone freaked out if their kid coughs or has a temperature. Problem here is no tests, parents spending hours refreshing website and no home tests either. I’ll be glad when it’s all over, roll on the vaccine!

Make sure you are taking care of yourself, not all heroes wear capes 😉

Sounds like quite a weekend! I hope everyone is well and the whole experience wasn't too distressing for your child (or you)... It's so tricky to be healthy when there's health concerns like that going on.

Sarah-Phim
Sarah-Phim3 stone in reply to Greendream123

Thank you, no fun trying to get a 7 year old let you “tickle his tonsils for 10 seconds” and then “tickle up his nose for 10 seconds” with a giant cotton bud. He said, I just need to be sad for 10 minutes but cheered up when he realised that he has a few more days off of school.

lovefabric
lovefabricMaintainer

Hope your little one is feeling better.

Sarah-Phim
Sarah-Phim3 stone in reply to lovefabric

Thank you, he’s fine, just awaiting test results. 🤞🏻

lovefabric
lovefabricMaintainer

Good, fingers crossed! 🤞

Charl33
Charl332020 August

Hi Sarah, I should be following you ! I wish I could say I lost 2 stone or 1 stone or even 100 grams... hoping the test comes back negative for your little one.

Sarah-Phim
Sarah-Phim3 stone in reply to Charl33

It will happen, just keep coming here. I take it one meal at a time. I’m not one of these super dieters, just being sensible.

Charl33
Charl332020 August in reply to Sarah-Phim

I need to discover what sensible is for me.

Sigh....

Sarah-Phim

Well, if it helps I’ll share what changes I made. I stopped eating takeaways whenever I couldn’t be bothered to cook. I stopped buying crap snacks, if I don’t have it in the house I can’t eat it. I have a rough plan of my meals for the week. So I know what dinners I’m going to have but not a particular day. I try to drink lots of water because sometimes I’m not hungry, I’m thirsty but forgot to drink. I cook from scratch but must be things that take no more than 15 mins prep. And like I said, I take it one meal at a time. If I mess up, I just make sure the next meal is a good one. Forgive yourself, you are doing the best job you know how. 😀

Charl33
Charl332020 August in reply to Sarah-Phim

Touched n moved.

Thank you ❤️

15 mins prep sounds wonderful. I will look online for similar recipes.

Sarah-Phim

We have got you. 💜

EchoS1
EchoS12020 September

I hope that you managed to get a test done for your child and it is negative.

Good work that you managed to resist a burger and chips under such stress.

Sarah-Phim
Sarah-Phim3 stone in reply to EchoS1

Hi, managed to get home test and am waiting for results. 🤞🏻

EchoS1
EchoS12020 September in reply to Sarah-Phim

Thinking of you x

Sarah-Phim
Sarah-Phim3 stone in reply to EchoS1

Just got results, negative! Such a relief!

jd65
jd652 stone in reply to Sarah-Phim

That's great news. My daughter and granddaughter's tests came back negative too. Its such a relief.

Sarah-Phim
Sarah-Phim3 stone in reply to jd65

That’s great to hear! Whole thing has got us all worrying like crazy.

EchoS1
EchoS12020 September in reply to Sarah-Phim

Excellent!

You may also like...