Weight Loss Funny - 1: Hi all, I’m noticing... - Weight Loss NHS

Weight Loss NHS

107,045 members55,784 posts

Weight Loss Funny - 1

Sarah-Phim
Sarah-Phim3 stone

Hi all, I’m noticing that for a lot of us the mental side of weight loss is often harder than the physical part. We often eat the wrong things when we are hurt, sad or just need a pick me up. I find it much easier to eat right when I’m happy, so I thought I’d post a funny regarding weight loss to cheer us all up. I’ve numbered it 1, so feel free to do the same and add a number. More giggling, less jiggling!

22 Replies
oldestnewest
siggie
siggie1 stone

im going to pinch that mantra!!! We spend so much time and waste so much energy putting ourselves down and beating ourselves up that we really don't give ourselves a round of applause when we do well.

I teach self reflection, and in my experience, people can find 5 things about themselves that may be seen as negative and really struggle finding 2 positive things.

Sarah-Phim
Sarah-Phim3 stone in reply to siggie

I have a theory about people being drains or radiators. Drains are those emotional vampires that suck the joy out of everything and make you feel worse just being around them. Radiators are those that radiate joy and make you feel better just being around them. This is my attempt at being a radiator 😉

Racheller
Racheller9kg in reply to Sarah-Phim

I have the same theory but call them energy vampires 🤭 but I don't think everyone fits those 2 categories. There is also a middle category, the ones just there, not shinning but not full of negative thinking

Shield-Maiden
Shield-Maiden1st 7lbs in reply to Sarah-Phim

Job well done! You're a super-warm, and, cozy radiator :) x

Agreed to a point. For me it's tiredness. When I'm tired, I feel compelled to eat a huge amount more than normal!

Hope you have had a good week x

Shield-Maiden
Shield-Maiden1st 7lbs in reply to CycloGoose

Me too CG! Tired, and, hungry = a bad combo for me

Thehappyman
ThehappymanMaintainer

I agree that there is a lot of truth in we are what we eat.

I woke up this morning to a lovely cup of sweet aromatic espresso coffee that made me feel nice and relaxed....

until I had a slice of sourdough bread with nuts...🤪

Sarah-Phim
Sarah-Phim3 stone in reply to Thehappyman

Maybe I should go with a Happy Meal 😋

Thehappyman
ThehappymanMaintainer in reply to Sarah-Phim

Definitely will be having a happy breakfast in a few hours time. 🙂

Sarah-Phim

Cheerios? 😋

Thehappyman

Ha ha ..No it was a bit more then that 🤪

Decided to go for a walk to the market for fresh veg first...and then for a swim before breakfast..so worked up a good appetite.

Spinach with eggs and cream... scallops fried in olive oil and butter... and about 20 whole prawns with the shell's on... I had a nice slice of sourdough bread with butter on it as well.

Had another large espresso after that, but reduced the sugar by a gram to just 4 grams.. 😁

Sarah-Phim

Your breakfast is going to put us all to shame! Sounds fancy. 😋

Thehappyman

Am stranded in a hotel room with my two young sons, food is the most exciting thing we have to think about. so I try and make it as interesting and as healthy as possible.

Sarah-Phim

Oh wow! Well you seem to be doing a great job. 👍🏻

I love it! Thanks for the smiles!!

Westieowner
Westieowner2020 August

Definitely psychological side of weight loss is most difficult for me.

Shield-Maiden
Shield-Maiden1st 7lbs in reply to Westieowner

Me too...and, I love your name (being one, myself) lol

Sarah-Phim
Sarah-Phim3 stone in reply to Shield-Maiden

😉

Sarah-Phim
Sarah-Phim3 stone

Yeah, I do love the whole, it’s just science, eat less, move more. If it was so easy we would all be supermodels. 😀

Shield-Maiden
Shield-Maiden1st 7lbs in reply to Sarah-Phim

Well said Sarah :)

Thanks for the funny Sarah. I've just got to start believing carrots and cucumber are comfort foods. 😊🥒🥒🥕🥕

Sarah-Phim
Sarah-Phim3 stone

I hear you, is funny how we can’t see that healthy foods are in fact the treat that our body wants. Yet we see the foods that are bad for us as the treat and reward ourselves with them. Our rational mind knows it but we still don’t believe it.

You may also like...