any ideas anyone. : walking around the... - Weight Loss NHS

Weight Loss NHS
105,567 members55,161 posts

any ideas anyone.

Thehappyman
Thehappyman2020 April

walking around the market this morning i come across an old man sitting down and with two cuts with a big knife he opened these nuts/seeds he was very careful on how he opened them in keeping the white nut clean and separate from the other shell.

i have never seen anything like this so i asked if i could try a piece. the taste is a bit like the inside of a coconut when its turned into a white sponge ready to sprout out the soft eye in the shell.

this nut has the same milky coconut flavour but more firmer, it really is quite tasty.

no in the market spoke English and no one i have asked has seen it before.

i have looked on the net but can't find anything like it.

am kinda of hoping that its some kind of a super nut the helps you lose weight so i can make my fortune. 🙏

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Maybe a variety of coconut? balconygardenweb.com/differ...

Thehappyman
Thehappyman2020 April in reply to Subtle_badger

that's first thing I look under. i thought it was definitely something from the palm tree family, but had no joy on the net.

am not holding my breath on that someone on the forum will know what it is, but you never know unless you ask.

I'd like to grow them.

very tasty.

Thehappyman
Thehappyman2020 April in reply to Subtle_badger

just found out from my wife who been on the beach all day with the girls.

am sure you know of the Toddy palm fruit..they are very popular in Thailand when the are young and the inside it like a very firm jelly. never really like them.

the photo i put on is when they are old and ready to sprout, exactly the same as the coconut dose. taste the same to.

very nice.

moreless
morelessAdministrator

I think the person with the most hope of knowing, is TheAwfulToad. I'm afraid I have no clue.

Thehappyman
Thehappyman2020 April in reply to moreless

yes i thought of him to, its amazing really as i have lived and traveled in these parts of the world going back over 50 years and there's still so much i have never seen.

I've sent some pictures home and someone there might know.

i will find out eventually..🤔

I've now upgraded them from tasty, to delicious 😊

moreless
morelessAdministrator in reply to Thehappyman

Life is all about learning new things and we're never too old :)

Thehappyman

just when i thought i know everything!

moreless

LOL! :D

Thehappyman

wife's just come back from the beach all day with the girls.. she it was the Toddy palm seed. in Thailand they are a very popular fruit when the seeds are still young, there like a very firm jelly inside but they go like this when they are ready to sprout. exactly the same as the coconut. and tastes the same to.

moreless

What a clever wife you have! :)

Thehappyman

not really..she happened to that, that's all.

You may also like...