Vegetarian keto quiche: To make the pastry... - Weight Loss NHS

Weight Loss NHS

106,852 members55,759 posts

Vegetarian keto quiche

monday1957
monday1957Maintainer

To make the pastry: mix two cups of almond flour (or ground almonds) with one egg. Give it a good stir with a wooden spoon. As it's quite crumbly, roll it out between some greaseproof paper. Fit into a quiche dish (it might be a bit patchwork!) and bake blind for ten minutes. Meanwhile, fry some leeks in butter and rest the asparagus spears on top. Place a lid on the pan. Mix some grated Cheddar in a bowl with two whisked eggs. Place the veg into the pastry case and dot some halved cherry tomatoes onto them. Pour the cheesy eggs on top. Bake for about 20-25 mins in moderate oven (200c).

13 Replies
oldestnewest
Hidden
Hidden

Yum.... 😀👍. It's added to my saved posts cook book... I need to get cooking now 😊

TheTabbyCat
TheTabbyCatAdministrator

That looks gorgeous! It's a must for Lytham 's larder!

Lytham
LythamSuper Host 3 stone in reply to TheTabbyCat

I'm on it hun! :-) x

Lytham
LythamSuper Host 3 stone

Wowee ! That looks so fresh and light, perfect with a lovely summer salad! I'll pop it in the larder now, thanks for sharing :-) x

wtlossjourney
wtlossjourney2019 December

Hi tnx for sharing :)

Thehappyman
ThehappymanMaintainer

that looks and sounds delicious. really lovely 👍

Thank you for this recipe. This looks amazing.

monday1957
monday1957Maintainer in reply to zinza

It was well yummy, I won’t deny it. And the pastry is great! I’ve just eaten leftovers for lunch (don’t you just love leftovers?!)

Oh that looks scrummy x

That looks wonderful! Do you have a note of calories per chance for those tracking? 😊

monday1957
monday1957Maintainer in reply to smartoak

Oh gosh, no, I haven't I'm afraid. 🤦🏽‍♀️

smartoak
smartoak10 kg in reply to monday1957

No worries, I can work it out when I make it. Enjoy!

Delft
Delft2020 May in reply to smartoak

Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing with us. I'd be interested to know the calorie content as well if you work it out please Smartoak, thanks !

You may also like...