keep them busy .: for a couple of weeks now... - Weight Loss NHS

Weight Loss NHS
103,816 members54,520 posts

keep them busy .

Thehappyman
Thehappyman2020 April

for a couple of weeks now I've been trying to get my kids more interested in the world of food, drink and nutritious .

this is some of the work my 11 year old has been doing.

it would be so much easier for him to do in Thai writing as he is top of his year in the whole province of Chon buri. but chose to do it English so he could learn better in English at the same time. 😊

9 Replies
oldestnewest
moreless
morelessAdministrator

Good for you, Thehappyman, a double whammy! Your son's skills are impressive, his writing and command of the English language would match many of those for whom English was their first and only language.

Have you seen this? dietdoctor.com/low-carb-kids

Thehappyman
Thehappyman2020 April
in reply to moreless

that's lovely of you to say that, thank you. i will pass on your message to him in a bit.

we're in tuk tuk now on our way to the supermarket for a bit of shopping 😊

moreless
morelessAdministrator
in reply to Thehappyman

Have fun and stay safe :)

siggie
siggie5lbs

Parents are a child first educator and you are doing a great job, I think children's understanding of what where food comes from and what is good for you should be part of every day life.cooking skills should also be taught at school, I was brought up learning to cook fresh, unprocessed food. I remember my first cookery lesson at high school was making a salad!!! I'd been making full Sunday roasts for years before that!!!

His writing is very good too!!!😊

Thehappyman
Thehappyman2020 April
in reply to siggie

thank you for your reply siggle, i couldn't agree with you more that more should be taught in school's, specifically in Thailand where my children go to school.

they do go to a great school but they can definitely improve in helping to educate the children a bit more about food and drink.

we got some time on our hands at moment so i got them more interested in what foods contain in them..they seem to enjoy it. 👍

His writing is beautiful too! So much neater than mine!

Thehappyman
Thehappyman2020 April
in reply to Food4Fuel

Thank you Food4Fuel, he only recently been taking English lessons and that stopped as we left Thailand, so I really think his doing well, and he is enjoying it to.. he Thai teacher from his school still keeps in contact with him on line.🙂

Food4Fuel
Food4Fuel7lbs
in reply to Thehappyman

That’s really great he can still keep in contact with his teacher/school while you are away. It must be so challenging for parents everywhere at the moment trying to keep their children interested in learning etc under such difficult circs! You’re doing a good job!

Thehappyman
Thehappyman2020 April
in reply to Food4Fuel

thank you Food4Fuel 🙂

You may also like...