Full of Greens Fritters: Here's a pic of... - Weight Loss NHS

Weight Loss NHS

106,999 members β€’ 55,864 posts

Full of Greens Fritters

monday1957
monday1957Maintainer
β€’10 Replies

Here's a pic of tonight's tea: Full of Greens Fritters from the Anna Jones cookbook, A Modern Way to Eat.

I halved her recipe and there's easily enough for two people here:

Finely slice half a cabbage (or a large leek). Grate a courgette. Snip some fresh basil. Add a chopped garlic clove & zest of half a lemon. Crumble a heaped tbsp feta and 1 tbsp grated Parmesan. Mix in two large eggs, season and give it a good stir. Heat a large frying pan with olive oil. Spoon little dollops of the mixture into the pan and fry for about 3 mins each side, pushing them into a fritter shape with your spatula.

We ate ours tonight with a 'red' salad, with HM ranch dressing. πŸ₯—

10 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
Diane2
Diane21st 7lbs

Looks very fresh and tasty. Never tried Ranch dressing, what's the sugar content like? My favourite is mixing oil and balsamic vinegar or oil and lemon plus herbs. I have salad leaves and French dressing pretty much every evening, loveloveloveit!

monday1957
monday1957Maintainer in reply to Diane2

Hiya - afraid I don't know sugar content, but it's juice & zest of half a lemon; tbsp natural yogurt; 2 tbsp mayonnaise; 1/2 clove crushed garlic; pinch garlic powder; s&p.

Your dressing sounds good, too!

TheAwfulToad
TheAwfulToadMaintainer

I think that'd be just a starter or side for me, but that does look good!

Sheperdess
Sheperdess3st 7lbs

Thanks for the recipe. It looks great πŸ‘ Another one to try 😊

Looks yummy thanks for sharing

Love the side salad, what is that beetroot, radish, olives? Would make a nice change to my greenery!

monday1957
monday1957Maintainer in reply to pennychewchew

Hiya. Yep, it's tomatoes, radishes, red pepper, beetroot & mixed olives πŸ₯—

That look lovely. I must try that.

Beautiful - but I got distracted by trying to read the wording around the plate! πŸ™ƒ

monday1957
monday1957Maintainer in reply to bikegrrrl

Hiya bikegrrrl - we’ve got a set of coasters & placemats from a company called Richard Bramble. All his designs feature creatures or nature in some other form and have a bit of info about it running round the circumference. We’ve got a Tamworth pig, hare, stag, cow etc

They do dishes, mugs, tea towels too (I sound like a rep for them, don’t I?!! 🀣)

You may also like...