shock horror stunned 😰: Not sure what has... - Weight Loss NHS

Weight Loss NHS
103,554 members β€’ 54,374 posts

shock horror stunned 😰

Thehappyman
Thehappyman2020 April
β€’43 Replies

Not sure what has happened to my hotel, 5.30 pm we going to do some shopping in the supermarket and when we come down to the lobby it was full of boxes tables chairs it look like they were doing some kind of promotion sales, when we got to entrance of the hotel there was about 10 or so police guarding it and the road..i knew it wasn't for me they were there for as they let me get on the tuk tuk.

after an hour or so coming back to the hotel the lobby was full of people wearing these outfits and the place was smelling like a hospital.

turn out that they were testing all the new gusts that had just arrived from China for coronavirus.. the hotel is full up with the new gusts so there's going to be a lot of testing.

i put some tape on the space of door and frame and will go down in the early hours to see what information i can get from the night reception...and to see if we can get some of those outfits..😟

43 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
moreless
morelessAdministrator

That must be scary, Thehappyman! Can't you just phone down to reception to ask about the PPE?

Thehappyman
Thehappyman2020 April
in reply to moreless

you know i didn't think of that..the phone in my room not been working for some time but i just phone on my mobile and they said the police are still there so there must be more testing or have to wait for the results ..whatever not a good thing to happen for the people already here..we should have been told us that is was going to happen so we can decide if we want to stay here.

i will speak to the manager tomorrow about it. πŸ€”

moreless
morelessAdministrator
in reply to Thehappyman

That's disgraceful! I hope you can get it sorted out safely.

Thehappyman
Thehappyman2020 April
in reply to moreless

It is disgraceful..but i think all we can do in this country is stay out the way and hope for the best.

I think they know i would moved out had i have known.

Its 1am now and i dont see sleep coming any time soon..

I will keep the children in the room untill we get sorted..not to worry..πŸ™„

moreless
morelessAdministrator
in reply to Thehappyman

I'll be thinking of you, please stay safe.

Craftyperson
Craftyperson1st 7lbs
in reply to Thehappyman

Yes that's best thing to do. Hope all ok

Craftyperson
Craftyperson1st 7lbs
in reply to Thehappyman

Yes you should have been informed new people arriving and where from

IndigoBlue61
IndigoBlue61Administrator

Oh my!! That does look scary 😱

Thehappyman
Thehappyman2020 April
in reply to IndigoBlue61

it is..😱 but am still a happy man πŸ₯³

Craftyperson
Craftyperson1st 7lbs
in reply to Thehappyman

Id be a happy concerned man

Rhys00
Rhys002 stone

Looks scary. Just be safe abd sicail distence

Thehappyman
Thehappyman2020 April
in reply to Rhys00

Thanks, i think we will fine πŸ€”

Thehappyman
Thehappyman2020 April
in reply to Rhys00

thanks and will definitely try to stay safe.

Leeleepuss
Leeleepuss1st 7lbs

Oh my goodness!! Where are you?

Thehappyman
Thehappyman2020 April
in reply to Leeleepuss

Cambodia, phnom penh. been in this hotel since 7th of March.

what a life..πŸ˜’

Leeleepuss
Leeleepuss1st 7lbs
in reply to Thehappyman

What a horrible situation to be in, you were away and couldn't get home? Or are your family with you? Let's hope your new arrivals are all negative! Take care xx

Thehappyman
Thehappyman2020 April
in reply to Leeleepuss

Hi leeleepuss,

yes it is a horrible situation to be in, didn't expect anything like that to happen.

am travelling with family and got stranded in Cambodia, phnom penh city.

still waiting for the results and praying that they are all normal.

really very very horrible like this.

thanks will take care.

Leeleepuss
Leeleepuss1st 7lbs
in reply to Thehappyman

Will be hoping for you too. Really hope you can get home soon as well.

Thehappyman
Thehappyman2020 April
in reply to Leeleepuss

thank you πŸ™‚

Craftyperson
Craftyperson1st 7lbs

Oh dear hope no one tests positive and you stay safe.

Thehappyman
Thehappyman2020 April
in reply to Craftyperson

waking up with only a couple of hours of sleep and what i read is what was coming into my mind when life slowly starts creeping in from a very heavy 2 hour sleep..

just didn't need this right now.

think i get up and run a bath..then see what going on outside the door..πŸ₯³

Craftyperson
Craftyperson1st 7lbs
in reply to Thehappyman

Everything better after a bath. Don't let the comments un nerve you unduly wait till you've got all the facts. It will be more worrying because you've got children with you but try not to dwell on it. Sending you a big comforting hug

Thehappyman
Thehappyman2020 April
in reply to Craftyperson

thanks for the hag..a hug is so nice 😊

i will find out what's on and see where we go from there..i know we can stay safe and i know we can get help if we really need it..bath ready 😊

Craftyperson
Craftyperson1st 7lbs
in reply to Thehappyman

Hope you enjoyed your bath and have more info this morning

Thehappyman
Thehappyman2020 April
in reply to Craftyperson

full hotel lukewarm , but with a some music from the mobile and i was really to confront the hotel manager.

i had a good vent, but i didn't see he cared very much .

he did say that they all leaving today and that they were waiting on the test results..

i just want down again to the lobby and they where everywhere not one of them was wearing a mask.

i was told that they were still waiting on the results and they were leaving once they got them.

the police are still there and am prying that none of their results are positive.

been keeping myself busy all day with cooking for today and for tomorrow..πŸ™‚

Craftyperson
Craftyperson1st 7lbs
in reply to Thehappyman

Yes best to keep busy let's hope no one tests positive for sake of you and family and because if just 1 is they'll all have to isolate there for 14 days. Fingers crossed 🀞

Thehappyman
Thehappyman2020 April
in reply to Craftyperson

yes that's right if one tests positive it will be 14 days isolation for everyone ..and I've already told them that whoever's responsible for bringing them here can pay for my hotel bill for those 14 days because I will not be paying it..

yes fingers crossed there's no more nightmares.

Craftyperson
Craftyperson1st 7lbs
in reply to Thehappyman

Yes if your having to get room service instead of doing your own meals they should pay. Let's hope it doesn't come to lockdown

Thehappyman
Thehappyman2020 April
in reply to Craftyperson

The Thai embassy said they will bring us food for free this was to make sure the children were okay. but i told them we didn't need it..that was a couple of weeks ago.

i told the manager that if any of them had the virus and we..me and my children have to suffer because of there doing then they can expect there will be some comebacks for them..they no right to bring these people to a hotel that had gusts in there already..we see what happens tomorrow.

but yes best is that no one has a deadly virus. πŸ™

Craftyperson
Craftyperson1st 7lbs
in reply to Thehappyman

Well if it comes to it lets hope embassy comes forward again or you can get in touch with them

Thehappyman
Thehappyman2020 April
in reply to Craftyperson

i have the consultants personal mobile phone number..he also lives near the hotel and has offered to visit the the children on his way home just to chat if we want.

i also have the consultant mobile phone number of the British embassy who has offered to help me if i need him.

just to let you know that help is there for us when needed..

Craftyperson
Craftyperson1st 7lbs
in reply to Thehappyman

That's good to know

Thehappyman
Thehappyman2020 April
in reply to Craftyperson

it is ..and can i say thank you to you to for being so kind in your reply's to me on this thread...really has helped..thanks. πŸ™‚

Craftyperson
Craftyperson1st 7lbs
in reply to Thehappyman

No worries not much I can do but listen and glad it helped

Thehappyman
Thehappyman2020 April
in reply to Craftyperson

its the listening that helps the most..πŸ™‚

RG07
RG07Maintainer

Wow what a way to wake up- are you in India? Do you live in a hotel or are you on holiday? I thought all hotels were closed down everywhere in the world.

Do you speak the language if you are on holiday- I hope so since it would be worse if you didn't and had to witness that!

Thehappyman
Thehappyman2020 April
in reply to RG07

am in a hotel in Cambodia, i don't speak the language but most people working in hotels do speak some English. πŸ™‚

RG07
RG07Maintainer
in reply to Thehappyman

That’s good then

lucigret
lucigretAdministrator

My heart goes out to you Happyman, what a shocking picture.

I think it is very wrong that the hotel didn't let you know this was going to happen. You should have been given the information so that you could have made a choice about what to do.

Keep your distance and make sure you don't come into contact with anybody. A worrying time for you, especially as you have the children with you. Sending you a hug.

Thehappyman
Thehappyman2020 April
in reply to lucigret

Thank you for replying and your kind words lucigret,

i spoke to the manager this morning and was angry with him on why he did not give me the opportunity to make informed decisions, and put my life at risk given i have health issues and it would be highly unlikely that I would survive if i got infected with the disease.

i been here in this hotel since 7th of March and have mentioned this and the behaviour of some of the staff working here..

best i got from him was they phoned my room but got no answer..this was a total lie as they know the phone in my room has never worked..

i would really love to move out of this hotel but its difficult to get a big room with 3 beds somewhere else.

we also will be moving on once some of the restrictions have been lifted with the neighbouring countries.

in the meantime we have to put up with what we got and stay safe.

the Thai embassy has been helpful and so has the British embassy and i am in contact with both if we need help.

thanks for the hug. nice 😊

lucigret
lucigretAdministrator
in reply to Thehappyman

Good for you for having your say. I hope the situation changes very soon and you are able to get home.

Just take care :)

Honestly, I thought your situation was nightmarish before and was in awe of the bright approach you are taking - which I guess is essential, considering you must keep your sons' spirits up.

Now it's moving to something darker, more Kafkaesque. Please come and vent to us when you need to, and keep sharing your amazing meals.

At least they are from China, where the outbreak is under control, not somewhere where it's endemic, like the USA. πŸ™„

Thehappyman
Thehappyman2020 April
in reply to Subtle_badger

just when you think things will start to get better πŸ€”

hopefully they will all be tested negative and be in there way to wherever they're going to.

i am wondering though if this is going to be a regular thing now with this hotel, if so then we be forced to move to somewhere else.

i was planning to move to Laos or Malaysia as soon as possible when they lifted the restrictions for travelling.

i will find out more about this when am not frightened to leave this room.

at the end of the day it doesn't matter what happens as long as me and the boys stay safe until we can go home again. πŸ™‚

I've been here since 7th of March and got to know some of the staff and they are just as worried about it as i am..

the people that are coming from China are mostly i think wealthy, you can see that from what they buy in the supermarket..the prices on a lot of luxury foods have rocketed in the last two months because of the demand for them.

on one really knows what the real situation is in China just as one really knows the real situation here in Cambodia.

maybe they're coming here because no one has died πŸ€”

You may also like...