william561lb
17 Replies

i still dont understand what food is what and what is Calorie Conundrum

Carbohydrates & LCHF

17 Replies
oldestnewest
moreless
morelessAdministrator

Calorie conundrum - healthunlocked.com/nhsweigh...

Carbohydrates - evergreen-life.co.uk/health...

LCHF - Low Carbohydrate High Fat healthunlocked.com/lchf-diet

xx2000
xx20007kg
in reply to moreless

moreless very interesting information about calories and LCHF (useful link to calculators as well) thanks

moreless
morelessAdministrator
in reply to xx2000

I'm glad to have been able to help, xx2000 :)

william56

the more i try to read this stuff the more confuesing it gets

william56

i started doing weight watchers but it gets exspensive and i cant afford it

moreless
morelessAdministrator
in reply to william56

You can get a two week free meal plan here dietdoctor.com/low-carb/die...

william56
william561lb
in reply to moreless

can i leave out the nuts , seeds , and breckfast as cant eat the nuts and seeds and ive never had breckfast for 45 years

moreless
morelessAdministrator
in reply to william56

If you read the intro, it says that breakfast isn't essential.

Take a break from breakfast: If you’re not hungry, feel free to skip breakfast and just have coffee (with some milk if you want it).1 Many people find that within a few days of eating low-carb, high-fat meals, cravings and hunger decrease significantly. This can make it easy to skip a meal, perhaps especially breakfast.2 Skipping a meal is cheap, fast, and might increase the diet’s effectiveness for weight loss and diabetes.3 See intermittent fasting

william56
william561lb
in reply to moreless

i skip many meals (ie) no breackfast very often no lunch maybe stirfrys for dinner maybe a brown bread chicken sandwich later but still putting on weight

moreless
morelessAdministrator
in reply to william56

That will be because you're eating the wrong food. Follow the 2 week menu plan and see how you get on.

william56
william561lb
in reply to moreless

ill try it thanks

1 like
william56

and wher do i find my last weighins on here maybe i just lost my marbels

moreless
morelessAdministrator
in reply to william56

Click on your picture and go to your profile. Click on replies and you'll see every reply you've made on here.

1 like
S11m
S11mMaintainer

Hi, william56, welcome.

If you "slim smart" you do not need to count calories, and weight loss is not so hard! It is not all about motivation and masochism.

Some of us here find that what works is a combination of The Low Carbohydrate, High-Fat (LCHF) diet (see the forum here on Health Unlocked) and Not Snacking All Day AKA Intermittent Fasting (IF). See:

healthunlocked.com/fasting-...

william56
william561lb
in reply to S11m

not understand a word what it means , "slim smart"? (LCHF) ? AKA Intermittent Fasting (IF). DOUBLE DUTCH TO ME sorry

william56

well today ive had turkey mince as a shepards pie with collie and brocolie with 3 coffes 2 teas and a latti all with no sugar and just a little milk in each 2 pints of ice cold water and now haveing ham sandwich with honey and mustard mayo dont ask me how many callories as i dont know

moreless
morelessAdministrator
in reply to william56

I suspect you're not eating enough and you're limiting fat, rather than carbohydrates. Bread and potatoes are not your best friends, as you age and you'd be better filling up with extra veg/salad, eating fattier cuts of meat and using full fat dairy.

You may also like...