Ill and being excused!: I'm off work ill... - Weight Loss NHS

Weight Loss NHS
95,487 members • 50,561 posts

Ill and being excused!

CrimsonMama
CrimsonMama6st 7lbs
•6 Replies

I'm off work ill today and I've gone crazy! Have had mad yearning for pizza! Have just eaten a whole one! Plus cheesecake. Plus chocolate sponge and custard! I feel so fat! But I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it! I also skipped my run but did substitute with a walk. I've had a sleep, watched a movie and feel well rested but I feel very guilty of blowing my self control so far out the water! And I'm not sure I want to weigh in tomorrow! Yikes!

Is illness really a good enough excuse?

6 Replies
oldest • newest
IndigoBlue61
IndigoBlue61Administrator

I also struggle when ill, and find it can take a while to get back on track. 😕

Get well soon 👍

1 like
Fatgirlslim19

Aww, hope you soon feel better! I always crave carby food when I'm ill, I don't know why! Have you got an evening meal planned? You can balance this out, I'm sure.

CrimsonMama
CrimsonMama6st 7lbs
in reply to Fatgirlslim19

I do have a low calorie meal planned. Although at the moment I'm certainly too full to even want it! Will just go with the flow and see. I really must go into work tomorrow so I figured just give in today to whatever I feel like to hopefully be well enough tomorrow.

Lucky I lost those extra unplanned pounds! I'm needing them now!

1 like
Fatgirlslim19
Fatgirlslim191 stone
in reply to CrimsonMama

Ahh see, it all evens out in the end! Hope you're well enough for work tomorrow x

TheAwfulToad
TheAwfulToadAmbassador

Funnily enough, when I have a cold (or whatever) I get a massive craving for carbs, although I normally eat LCHF as a matter of habit.

I just go with the flow. Pizza, burger, cakes, whatever. I don't feel guilty about it because I assume (a) my appetite knows what it's doing and (b) I'll lose interest in the stodge as soon as I'm better. It's kinda interesting though - I'd like to know why it happens.

Craftyperson

Just get back on the band wagon and don't let a bad day turn into a bad week

You may also like...