Weight Loss NHS
80,641 members β€’ 43,078 posts

Birthday Blues

With my birthday and Christmas now less than one week away and having had another major brain related health scare at the weekend I decided not to weigh in today. I'm feeling a bit down.

50 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Awww, I'm sorry to hear that David! Sending you big hugs and hoping that you'll be feeling much better, very soon. xx

3 likes

Thanks. I'm trying my best not to get despondent. My birthday is on 24th and I was looking forward to Christmas too. I'm just physically and mentally exhausted after my latest health scare. GP yesterday and hospital today. But at least I'm not as fat as I was three months ago πŸ™‚

It's ok not to weighing, sounds as though you have enough in your mind so don't beat yourself up, be nice to you...

Folk will still be here for you when you're up to it...

Don't give up though as keeping control over some things will help empower you...

Try and enjoy your birthday and Christmas, don't be too glum x

3 likes

Thanks MotherPip x . I'm trying my best not to get despondent. My birthday is on 24th and I was looking forward to Christmas too. I'm just physically and mentally exhausted after my latest health scare. GP yesterday and hospital today. But at least I'm not as fat as I was three months ago πŸ™‚

1 like

So sorry you have had another health scare Juan-Stone and totally understand why you are feeling down. Look after yourself and I hope your health improves very soon. Take care.πŸ’›πŸ’š

2 likes

Thanks Hidden . I'm trying my best not to get despondent. My birthday is on 24th and I was looking forward to Christmas too. I'm just physically and mentally exhausted after my latest health scare. GP yesterday and hospital today. But at least I'm not as fat as I was three months ago πŸ™‚

2 likes

Good to focus on the positive as you have a done a great job in losing all the weight you have in 3 months. Just cuddle up on the sofa with Sophie and rest physically and mentally. Wishing you a Happy Birthday and a Very Merry Christmas. Take care David Aka Juan-Stone

Hope you feel better soon πŸ’

2 likes

Thanks wa2un7 πŸ™‚

Sending a hug and hoping you feel better soon.

1 like

Thanks lucigret

1 like

So sorry you are not feeling good. Just hang in there and let it pass. Things will be looking up soon.

3 likes

Thanks Melhall I'm trying my best not to get despondent. My birthday is on 24th and I was looking forward to Christmas too. I'm just physically and mentally exhausted after my latest health scare. GP yesterday and hospital today. But at least I'm not as fat as I was three months ago πŸ™‚

1 like

you are doing so well. Let the weight loss journey be a good distraction from the bad stuff going on. That's what I'm trying to do right now. I'll pray for your good health.

1 like

Thanks Melhall . Wishing you well and lots of luck x

1 like

thank you

Take it easy Juan. Hope you haven't been overdoing your exercising. Maybe just a short gentle stroll if you're still allowed to go walking.

Keep us updated.

And if we don't see you back here beforehand I hope you and Sophie have a Merry Christmas and an Awesome Birthday :D

3 likes

Thanks kiwikyd-nz . I'm trying my best not to get despondent. My birthday is on 24th and I was looking forward to Christmas too. I'm just physically and mentally exhausted after my latest health scare. GP yesterday and hospital today. But at least I'm not as fat as I was three months ago πŸ™‚

lol I like your attitude :) Do what you need to do and enjoy your Christmas season with Sophie.

I have a sister-in-law with a Dec 24th birthday, and a nephew and a friend with the 25th.

Whatever you feel good with Juan-Stone There's never any pressure here to do anything you don't want to.

Sorry that you're feeling down but don't lose sight on how far you've come. That's a serious amount of weight you've lost that you won't ever have to carry around again.

Good luck!

2 likes

Thanks Tiggerr . I'm trying my best not to get despondent. My birthday is on 24th and I was looking forward to Christmas too. I'm just physically and mentally exhausted after my latest health scare. GP yesterday and hospital today. But at least I'm not as fat as I was three months ago πŸ™‚

1 like

I can't remotely put myself in your shoes but I do know that you're doing all you can for yourself and that's the best we can ever do.

Perhaps I'm being pedantic but I would replace "not as fat as" with "much healthier than" :)

Will this scare prevent you from still enjoying xmas?

Oh Juan-Stone, I have only just seen your message and I am sending you lots of hugs. Please take great care of yourself and take things slower perhaps?

I have to say I did wonder why we hadn't heard from you for a while and now I know why ..... oh dear..... poor you :) Please keep us posted, will you?

In the meantime, let me wish you and Sophie, the dog, a Happy Christmas and a happier New Year and a Happy Birthday whichever comes sooner :)

2 likes

Thanks Villageduckpond Thanks. I'm trying my best not to get despondent. My birthday is on 24th and I was looking forward to Christmas but at least I'm not as fat as I was three months ago πŸ™‚ happy Christmas and best wishes for a prosperous new year.

1 like

Juan-Stone keep trying your best, PLEASE......don't forget you are a survivor against all sorts of adversity and I know you can do it :) I met a young chap from Foggia the other day btw!

Can you make your birthday and Christmas still a happy time for yourself? I do hope so. I shall be thinking of you on both those days.

Also, let 2018 be a really good year for you especially ,,,,,,

1 like

I am sorry to hear this Juan Stone. Your in my thoughts, take care

1 like

Thanks Honey10 . I'm trying my best not to get despondent but at least I'm not as fat as I was three months ago πŸ™‚ happy Christmas and best wishes for a prosperous new year.

1 like

So sorry to hear that Juan-Stone I so hope things improve quickly for you.

I wouldn't worry about not weighing in but I am glad you came to share with friends.

Take care x

2 likes

Thanks Ceals at least I'm not as fat as I was three months ago πŸ™‚ happy Christmas and best wishes for a prosperous new year.

There is always good news if we look for it.

Happy Christmas to you too Juan-Stone

Look after yourself Juan-Stone. We are all here for you.....sending caring thoughts 🌼

1 like

Sorry you've had another scare, let's hope it will be the last and settle very quickly.

Have a restful week and stay warm and cosy with Sophie.. I know she will be great company for you.

Sending get well flowers. πŸ’

1 like

Thanks Minniewinny x

1 like

Sending big hugs

1 like

Thanks Active_43 πŸ™‚

Sorry you've been having a tough time, and I hope you are getting better. Allow yourself to relax as much as you can over the next couple of weeks, and weigh in when you want to. No one will judge you for doing what feels best. Happy Christmas!

1 like

Thanks Emerion, wishing you a happy Christmas and all the best for 2018

You might try this - it works for me. No matter what kind of day I had, and most are good, I go to sleep saying, "Thank you God for another beautiful day." At 82, with a career (Realtor) I am grateful to be as good as I am. I have health problems like lymphedema (boots are best), allergies (I get shots every other week), nasal and eye problems (dry eye), and I forget what else for the moment. I believe doing this helps me have a full, good night's sleep. It may be hard from time to time, but try this. Put yourself in a positive frame of mind. Count your blessings!

Wishing you happy holidays.

5 likes

Thanks MARILYNFJ Happy Christmas and best wishes for 2018

So sorry to hear you are unwell again. Hope Sophie is giving you her β€˜I love you anyway’ look and that you will soon be feeling more positive. If you can, maybe a gentle walk outside - it’s really sunny and bright here but may not be where you are! Even a stroll round the garden to see what’s trying to peek through is always uplifting. I have a lovely Christmas rose out in bloom now. (Reminds me must move it into a bigger pot!) take care of yourself.

3 likes

Thanks Russet. Sophie keeps coming to me for cuddles, she knows I'm unwell

2 likes

Juan-Stone I am sorry to hear this and that you are feeling so down. I hope your birthday and Christmas bring you some cheer and that 2018 is a better year for you. xx

2 likes

Thanks Leonine wishing you all the best for Christmas and the new year xx

1 like

So sorry you have had another health scare Juan-Stone i thought we hadn't heard from you for a bit. I hope you and Sophie are keeping each other company and that as the days go on you feel better in yourself. We are all thinking of you and wishing you both a happy Christmas and a happy birthday too. Just do what you feel you can sending you a big πŸ€—

2 likes

Thanks 87down I'm trying my best not to get despondent. My birthday is on 24th and I was looking forward to Christmas but at least I'm not as fat as I was three months ago πŸ™‚ happy Christmas and best wishes for a prosperous new year.

Thank you@Juan_Stone It's not easy to stay buoyant given your situation and the long winter days. Come on here and have a chat you might find a new recipe you want to try. Think of walking sophie on warm spring days.... something I read that reminds me our situations do change is "and this to shall pass" and it usually does. Stay warm x

2 likes

Great advice 87down. Your words have helped me also🌼

1 like

Best wishes to you Juan and hoping you feel better soon.

1 like

Thanks 13Valerie .

All the best to you we're all thinking of you x

You may also like...