Weight Loss NHS

I hate calorie counting

Calorie counting is boring. I avoid it at all costs and then don't loose weight!

I have just completed week 1 of the NHS 12 week plan and lost 3 pound - despite 1 very bad day. Am meal planning every morning and keeping a log of my calorie intake on my tablet.

One tip that has helped is to calorie count a number of set meals e.g.. 3 breakfasts and then you don't have to keep recounting

13 Replies
oldestnewest

Welcome back AJC1957 😊

Eating regular meals that are similar is useful, as is getting used to judging portion size bye eye

I also,highly recommend the Daily Diary for,getting an idea of what others eat and the calorie count

Well done on your loss. Are you planning on joining in with the Group weight in? There great support there. 😊

2 likes

Good for you. Good luck to you on your journey!

Thank you

1 like

Hi AJC1957 . To misquote Theodore Roosevelt, nothing in the world worth having or worth doing comes easy. But look at the benefits for a little bit of effort! And the more you count your calories, the more it becomes a habit which eventually feels effortless.

Also, a few of us who use the Daily Diary put the calorie count of our meals on there, which I find very helpful.

Finally, invest in a couple of the Hairy Dieters cookbooks. All the meals are easily doable, don’t require weird ingredients, and cover family favourites and “fake aways “, and best of all, they are all calorie counted for you.

So hang on in there, it does get easier! 😊

2 likes

I have a hairy dieters cookbook so will dust it down and get cooking

1 like

Yep. It is the only thing that has worked for me too. It's tedious. Well done on your 3lb down.

I lost my stubborn stone in 3 months and have kept it off (and a little more) for 3 months. Calorie counting has taught me that you need to eat enough food on those days when you are running around so that you don't go crazy the next day when you're running on empty!

2 likes

Thank you. I would love to loose 3 stone but am aiming at a stone to start with. Then will start again for the next stone.

1 like

Slow and steady winds the race, AJC 👍

1 like

I only lost one. It took 3 months.

1 like

Like you say, once you've got through a number of meals and you're starting to repeat your menu then it does become easier. Further down the line you'll probably reach a point where you can look at a meal and have a pretty good idea whether you're eating enough or too much (there's always hope :) ).

Glad that you've decided that being healthy is better than a few boring moments in a day.

Good luck with your continuing journey.

1 like

Thanks

3 pounds in week 1 is great - keep going

1 like

Hi Annpatricia and welcome.

Just flagging an administrator Minniewinny so that you can get an official welcome :)

Good luck with your journey.

You may also like...