Makeover!! Non-food reward

Makeover!! Non-food reward

Feeling like I'm getting my life back. I haven't cut my hair, colored it or taken care of myself in five years since I gained so much weight. Today I cut my hair and went blonde again!! Feels much better to finally care.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

74 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Absolutely gorgeous, Melhall . How nice to treat yourself :)

• Thank yoj

• Your hair looks lovely Melhall and glad to hear you're feeling much better. :)

• Thank you

• You look amazing Melhall and so deserving of treating yourself. I love your look and so envious of your long blonde hair. I'm so glad you are in a really happy,good place now.๐Ÿ‘ฑโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Thank you. So many days I put myself down and call myself names. Don't think I will do that anymore.

• Don't you dare!!

• OK. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Please don't do that anymore Melhall . Love yourself as you are a beautiful woman and mum.๐Ÿ’Ÿ

• Thank you. I think it's because I have had years of relevant people in my life treat me badly. Some of the words stick.

• I know how that can make you feel as I have experienced it too but time to knock it on the head and practise a new strong mantra as 87down suggested.๐Ÿ˜Š

• I have been doing just that!

• Join the crowd! The folks who put you down may be jealous or see you as a threat. That is so sad. Don't let them get you down. You are a very pretty woman.

• Thank you

• i saw a movie "Pretty Woman" where Julia Roberts says "the bad things are easier to believe." that is so true for me. i have had the same relevant people treat me badly too and it is so difficult to change the habit of believing them and telling yourself how bad you are too. if they believe it, i should too. but i am working on not talking to myself that way. it seems that you about have it whooped! good job baby!!!!!

• Thank you. You don't believe the bad things either.

• Love your hair melhall, bet you feel good, well done!

• Thank you. Feels much better.

• You look great Melhall the names to call yourself are beautiful, strong, determined & amazing ๐Ÿค—

• Thanks. I will practice those words for sure.

• This is wonderful to care again! It looks lovely :)

• Thank you

• Hi Melhal, lovely photo of you and your hair is very nice.

A very nice treat for yourself, enjoy the rest of the weekend.

George ๐ŸŒน

• Thanks

• You are welcome, and don't listen to the rude and negative remarks.

Here's to your next make over.

Good luck and success.

George โ˜บ๏ธ

• Next is the body!

• Wow, Melhall this is such a change from 18 days ago I'm amazed. Keep up the good work it I'm sure it will pay off ;)

• Thanks. I have my good days and bad days. But it is an upward trend in attitude. I feel better Living with the in laws since I'm no longer worried about my daughter's next meal. I can breathe now.

• You look lovely Melhall!

Loving your positivity!

Great to hear that you now realise that you are worthy of investing time, care and effort into your wellbeing.

You go girl! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Thank you. You all make me feel better. I'm not alone and I see I'm not alot different from lots of other women out there. We are all worthy.

• What fabulous hair!

• Thank you. I hated it until I finally did something with it today. It's been a mess for five years!! I really had let myself go but there's no time like the present to make some changes.

• How lovely. You look great.

• Thank you

• Melhall you look stunning and I hope are feeling so much better in yourself :)

• Thank you

• Very inspirational!

• Thank you

• How lovely! ! This tme invested in yourself and your wellbeing will rub off onto the people around you too - happiness is contagious x

• Thank you. I think my mils happiness is contagious for sure.

• You look gorgeous

• Thank you

• Melhall your hair looks beautiful. So glad to hear you are feeling better about yourself and a great treat!

• Thank you

• That looks fabulous!

• Thank you

• Well deserved ,time for you ,look after yourself and everything else will fall into place .

Take care .

Gary

• Thank you

• You look beautiful! Blossoming lady!

• Thank you

• It is a lovely feeling to self care and take a bit of pride in yourself. It gives you such a boost in confidence and well-being - I really wonder why we 'punish' ourselves by not doing it more often.

You look amazing.

I am now going to chuck in the bin the last 'sack' dress I have - I was waiting until I had lost another few pounds - but putting it on makes me miserable - As a toast to you ( and me) it is going in the bin early - I already feel freer just thinking this:-)

• Thank you. Yes, put on only what makes you feel good. Glad to hear this.

• Beautiful lady. Your hair looks so thick, you are very lucky. Xx

• Thank you. I am lucky to have all the support from you guys.

• You give. lots of support too ๐Ÿ˜Š

• I try.

• You look fab! a nice "do" makes the world of difference :-)

• Thank you.

• You look beautiful :). And what you say resonates. I haven't bought myself clothes other than essential items for many years because of my weight. Thank you for being an inspiration -i look forward to a non food treat soon

• Looking forward to your non treat post!

• I was the same - well I have always cut my hair myself but it's hard to take the same care. This year I've had two visits to the hairdressers and they were both so worth it. No colour as I'm lucky to have naturally dark blonde hair, but a good cut really brought the natural colour out. Also it feels good to have someone really taking the care over you. I hope they gave you lots of good advice to keep it looking good. My hairdresser said to put baby oil on the ends before shampooing to stop the ends from drying out. I keep trying to remember that :) Enjoy the feeling everytime you check out your new cut. It looks really fab :)

• Thank you. I will try that tip as colored out dries out easily.

• Wow, Melhall - you look AMAZING - I love your hair - such a great colour, thick and glossy - just lovely! :-)

• Thank you so much.

• You look beautiful - Im happy for you x

• Thank you.

• Well done, looks very nice. ๐Ÿ˜€

• Thank you. Nice badge.

• Good for you. You look great.๐Ÿ‘

• Thank you.

• what a terrific ideat Melhall! and you look mahvelous as Billy Crystal always said! i love the hair and the attitude behind it. i believe it is time for me to cover my grey hair! you have inspired me as usual! thanks!

• Thank you.did you color the grey yet??pics?

• You are a beautiful woman.. Glad your showing yourself some love xxx

• Thank you.

You may also like...