Weight Loss NHS
80,761 members43,094 posts

Hi everyone

Starting a weight loss journey (again) 🤨. Been overweight for far too long and have already lost almost 2 stone earlier this year and haven’t put it back on. I still have a way to go (probably another 3 stone) to get to a ‘normal’ weight.

I’ve been inspired this week with the research on how losing weight has reversed Type 2 diabetes. I’m Type 2 so this has really resonated with me. Decision made - I’m going for it. I don’t want to be taking a handful of tablets every morning. I also have arthritis in my hands and feet which limit the type of exercise I can do (I ain’t no gym bunny 🤪) and I have recently started Pilates and seated Yoga classes which are great fun.

On a personal note - I will be 62 in a couple of weeks and am still working full time. I divorced 9 years ago and now live with my 2 Singapura cats in Central Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿. Life can be busy but hey ho - you only get one chance at it - so no more huffing and puffing while moving around!!

Looking forward to working with you all - hearing your stories (and great weight losses) while we walk this weight loss road together. 🤗

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Welcome to this wonderful forum EileenW and huge congratulations on losing 2 stone. We are on a similar journey, I am 61, live in Central Scotland and have arthritis in my hands, feet and knees which are the worst. The only excercise I do at the moment is walk and occasionally swim. Some of the members on here have reversed their type 2 diabetes so you will get lots of support here. I have lost 1.5 stone calorie counting and following the 12week NHS Healthy Eating plan and have another 4.5stone to lose. I have yoyo dieted all my life but have now found a healthy eating plan I can maintain. You will get lots of advice, help, support and encouragement on here. This forum has changed my life for the better Wishing you well on your journey.😊

1 like

Thanks Kazzi. Look forward to this.

1 like

Hello and welcome to the Weight Loss Forum EileenW

Well done on your weight loss so far, and keeping it off which isn't easy 😊

I'd like to invite you to join our Newbie Club, which we hope will be a good place for you to connect with members, who are also just starting out. If you just post a few words to introduce yourself and respond to others there, you'll soon break the ice. Here's the link

healthunlocked.com/nhsweigh...

You'll find all the information you need to navigate the forum in the header and a link to the 12 week plan, so please take the time to read it carefully.

Wishing you all the best

Anna

1 like

Just adding my welcome to the others, EileenW .

You've done great to lose nearly 2 stones already, so you've obviously got the drive and commitment. If you get involved in the forum, you'll get lots of support and ideas. All the best :)

You may also like...