Weight Loss NHS
73,418 members39,363 posts

Getting started on my weight loss journey

Hello - I've joined in an effort to finally shift this weight. I've slowly put on a few stone in the last few years and it's gotten to the point where I feel awful and want to be the happiest version of myself again. I am aiming to lose 2.5 stone by July and want to know if you have any tips on how I can do this please? Any advice at all is welcome. Glad to be on this journey. Thanks

7 Replies
oldestnewest

Just wanted to say hi as I am new here too and am also keen to lose some weight 👋🏻

1 like

Hi Nicole! Thanks for your message. I was just having a read of your recent post and it really relates to exactly how I'm feeling right now. My BMI claims I'm obese as I'm quite short for my weight and I really want to shift this weight and get to a more happier and confident version of myself. Anyway nice to meet you and I would love to recommend some smoothie recipes- I'm a huge smoothie lover! What sort of fruit and veg do you like?

2 likes

I have a confession to make...that was posted 3 years ago 🙈 but thanks for reading.

Since that post I have tried numerous ‘diets’ such as weight watchers and slimming world yet here I am no better off!

I did start the couch to 5k a while back which I was very proud of and enjoying, but due to ill health and various other factors (mostly excuses) I didn’t start up again 😔 although I am going shopping for a treadmill this week 😀

I’m a big fan of fruit and less enthusiastic with vegetables if I’m honest so any suggestions you have I’m willing to give a whirl.

1 like

Hello and welcome back nicole652 😊. Please read all the information I’ve given Kam5656 about the Newbie Club, I have put your name down as well 😊

Good luck!

Anna

1 like

Hello and welcome, kam5656 . You're in good company here.

One of the admin team will be along soon to introduce you to this site, so you can find the information and support you need

1 like

Good morning Kam5656, stay positive and good luck on your weight journey .

Hello and welcome to the Weight Loss Forum kam5656

I'd like to invite you to join our Newbie Club, which we hope will be a good place for you to connect with members, who are also just starting out. If you just post a few words to introduce yourself and respond to others there, you'll soon break the ice. Here's the link

healthunlocked.com/nhsweigh...

You'll find all the information you need to navigate the forum in the header and a link to the 12 week plan, so please take the time to read it carefully.

Wishing you all the best

Anna

You may also like...