Weight Loss NHS
77,387 members41,379 posts

A Stroke of Bad Luck.. Fighting on towards a healthier future

Feeling upset but determined . Felt quite unwell on Monday. My Care Worker insisted I go to the GP so I reluctantly did on Tuesday. That resulted in a prompt visit to A & E where I saw the Stroke Team followed by the physiotherapists at the Stroke/Neurolgy Centre for an assessment today. I've eaten two cup cakes tonight as a treat. I'm determined to win the battle of both bulge and grey matter. I'm a fighter not a quitter. I'm determined. I'm aching but my body and mind will recover... Juan Stone and Sophie the Dog... Fighting on.. Towards a healthier future.

25 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Juan-Stone,

Sorry to hear you felt unwell on Monday, but glad to hear you've been to see the relevant professionals, and I would like to wish you well and hope that you have a good week ahead.

Take care,

Zest :-)

1 like

Thanks Zest , I'll not be too disappointed if I've put weight on this week. My head is pounding and I'm feeling sore but I've always been a fighter since a child. Epilepsy from 13yrs old to thirty-eight years old then an acquired brain injury from there on. what doesn't kill me will make me stronger 🙂

5 likes

Yes, you are a true fighter!!

1 like

Thanks, I haven't got time to dwell on things I've got weight to lose 🤓 (Ever the optimist)

4 likes

Take care of yourself, Juan! Healthy body, healthy mind :)

1 like

Thanks moreless, fighting for a better, healthier future

1 like

So sorry to hear of your illness. With your positive attitute you will pull through and reach that healthier future. I had a severe cancer once and took pat in a clinical trial which proved that a positive attitude is a very important factor in achieving a positive prognosis so you are already setting out to be a winner with your positive / fighter attitude (like I was ) :) Good luck sand all the best

3 likes

Thanks ArgyllGirl. I've always been a fighter since childhood with having uncontrollable epilepsy up to the age of 37. I haven't time to be ill I've a healthier lifestyle and weight loss journey to complete 🤓 (Ever the optimist)

1 like

Juan-Stone hi sorry to hear you have been unwell. I hope you are making a good recovery and are able to kick the cupcakes into touch soon. You have been doing such a good job with your healthier ways and losing weight and exercising don't let this blip get you on the wrong tracks. Take it easy for a few days so that your body can recover we are here for you :)

1 like

I ate two and threw the rest in the bin. I'll not be too disappointed if I've put weight on this week. My head is pounding and I'm feeling sore but I've always been a fighter since a child. Epilepsy from 13yrs old to thirty-eight years old then an acquired brain injury from there on. what doesn't kill me will make me stronger 🙂

Juan-Stone really sorry to hear you have been unwell. That's a concerning development in your story. I wish you well in the future and hope you a quick return to health.

1 like

Thanks skippingpixie, I haven't time to be ill, I've weight to lose, fighting for a better, healthier future and ever the optimist 🤓👍🏻

Juan-Stone I firstly admire your courage, spirit and determination. Secondly, I apologise if this comes across as being preachy. It's not meant that way, it comes from a voice of concern. Your choices are exactly that, yours. However, I have concerns for your long-term health if you carry on regardless. I do not know your full circumstances and I am not qualified to pass on medical advice but being someone that has experienced an acquired brain injury I fear you could be overdoing it. Losing weight is very important to you I get that, as it is me, but at what expense?

Juan. you have suffered a huge temporary set back but I am sure you will come back fighting again and I send you my very best wishes

1 like

Sorry to hear you have been unwell Juan. Hope feel better soon. Take care.😊

1 like

Thanks Hidden. I haven't time to be unwell I've a self written health and fitness program to complete (ever the optimist)

1 like

Thanks all for the messages of support, they're appreciated. I'll not be too disappointed if I've put weight on this week. My head is pounding and I'm feeling sore but I've always been a fighter since a child. Epilepsy from 13yrs old to thirty-eight years old then an acquired brain injury from there on. what doesn't kill me will make me stronger 🙂

1 like

I hope you are ok Juan-Stone I don't like the sound of your pounding head, are you still under medical care ? Please look after yourself

1 like

Wishing you better and proud of you for being a fighter and survivor.

Cheering you on 🎉🎉🎉

Love that attitude - 'no time to be ill - I've got weight to lose' That's a quote worthy of a place on a kitchen wall :D

I guess your Doctor has told you to have a few days of days rest before starting back on the exercise.

Don't push forward too fast though. We like having you and Sophie around :D

You have an amazing attitude. Hope you feel better soon, take things easy and give your body time to heal.

Well done you will get there it just take a little bit more to get there all my love good luck

Your positive attitude will carry you forward. It's a few days to your weigh-in but if this week isn't a good week on the scales, you know what you've been dealing with, and you can re-focus. All the best

Take care and rest up.

Hi Juan-Stone good on you for the positive thinking and as you see so many are here to help you fight on. Wishing you a better week next week. Glad to hear you threw the other cup cakes away:)

You may also like...