Monday Mass Movers - Monday 20th November weigh-in

Monday Mass Movers - Monday 20th November weigh-in

Welcome to Mondays Weigh In! Please do not reply to this post until Monday 20th November.

Pineapple27 here, co-ordinating the weigh-in post for today. I host the Monday Weigh In thread on a fortnightly basis. Whatever your results are on the scales today, please do share them with us if you would like to.

I had a pretty good weigh in last Friday (2.8lbs loss – BUT had been a significant gain of 3.4lb the week before after a fish and chip supper the night before weigh in – NOT a good idea although I did enjoy them as it’s a rare treat nowadays!

This I am giving a talk to a church lunch group, later in the week I am off to London (again) for one of my regular meetings so one night in a hotel. and – hardest task of all, got to get our cat into a carrier to take to the vets for his annual jab. He’s a little cat, but all muscle and sharp claws!

Anyway, over to you! How’s your week been?

Whatever your results today, please be assured that we are here to support you on your journey, and if you’ve fallen by the way side, we are here to offer a hand to help you back up, dust you down and get you back track. If you’ve had a loss this week, we all want to celebrate with you!

With that in mind, we ask that everyone respond to at least one other member, ideally the person directly ahead of you on the thread. This is a bare minimum, though and we'd love to see everyone, with their pom poms, cheering as many people as they wish, on as many days as they like! Nobody complains about a bit of praise!

It would make things so much easier for us, if you could state your weight today, how much weight you've lost/gained/maintained this week and your goals/plans for the week ahead. Other than that, feel free to share any details of your week that you like. This is how you report today's weight: Last week I weighed ????, this week I weigh ????, that's a loss/gain/maintain of ???? (add a few words about your week and your aim for the following week)

Welcome all Newbies: If you're joining this weigh-in group for the first time today – WELCOME!! Please introduce yourself and share your starting weight and your initial weight loss goals. Setting yourself mini-goals, leading to your ultimate weight loss goal, is particularly helpful. You could also make a note of your body measurements this might help you in the future if you find yourself getting despondent about your progress. Sometimes loss shows as inches rather than pounds or kilograms. Keep that tape measure handy!

If you’ve not already seen it, then take a moment to read the ‘Welcome Newbie’ pack, which is a Pinned post (situated on the right hand side of the homepage, or scroll right down to the bottom, if you're using a mobile).

Please only use this thread if you're weighing in on Monday 20th November 2017.

Here are last Mondays stats (13th November):- Thanks to @YellowRose55!

Total number weighing in - 41

Total number of replies - 354

Average number of replies - 8.63

Total amount of weight lost - 56.08lbs / 25.43kgs

Total amount of weight gained - 7.10lbs / 3.22kgs

Total number who maintained - 5

Newbies/Restarts - 6

Average weight lost - 1.39lbs / 0.63kgs

Number of members who did not disclose their weight - 0

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

The ability to reply to this post has been turned off.

304 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I have lost 8.5 lb. Last week I weighed 11st 8lb and this week I weigh 10st 13.5 lb. This was my first week back on the NHS 12 Week Plan. I'm also quitting sugar and gluten, including fruit alongside it and embracing full fat. I have my shopping delivered this morning and I will sit down and write out my menu for the week later. There is no reason why it shouldn'y be a good week. I am having lunch out with my mother, that will be a light omelette (and bottomless tea for £1). I aim to introduce a bit of exercise, which will be using my step and dvd workout and perhaps a bit of walking.

What is your talk on Pineapple27? Wel done on your weight loss last week, it's practically cancelled out your previous gain.

• Wow that’s an amazing weight loss well done you

• Amazing well done.

• That's a fantastic loss to start! It sound like you have a good plan in place. Getting your head round it all is half the battle. Well done, and good luck for all the weeks that come. Enjoy your time with your mum!

• Great weight lose, well done

• MMM bottomless tea sounds good value. Great weight loss and have fun with the planning it sounds like you are off to a flying start with your positive attitude and ACTION! Impressive.

• That is a very rapid loss. Great that you are starting the plan again it is excellent.

• Brilliant result, well done 📢 🤓 👏🏻 👏🏻

• Fantastic weight loss Fab_Jem! Your plan is certainly working for you.

• Wow what a loss in one week! Well done. The bottomless tea sounds like my kind of heaven! Have a fab week

• Wooowwwzzza! That is incredible! You must be over the moon!

My talk is to an older persons lunch club. I am going to talk to them about my life and living with my disability (Thalidomide) but basically getting the message across that I have a very fulfilled and happy life, despite having barriers!

• I just looked it up to understand what it is. You have a wonderful attitude.

• that's amazing! wow I lost in three weeks a messily 3.5 pound. I need to stop eating chocolate totally

• I've cut out snacking pumpkins. It made my cravings worse.

• Good morning.

Last week start weight 14st 2lb

Today 14st 0lb

Loss 2lb

Quite surprised as I wasn't an angel but thinking about calories. Loads of support from this forum which has def. made a big difference. Thanks to all 😀

• Congratulations 2lb off is fantastic and next week those scales could say 13 stone something. I always think that each new stone at the beginning is a wonderful achievement

• Congratulations on your 2lb loss! Have a good week!

• Great weight lose, well done

• Super you!

• Well done! Glad the forum helped.

• That’s a good sustainable loss Lizziep. Good luck this week.

• Well done you! You might not have been an angel but you did what needed to be done 😊👍🏻. Here’s to another good week for you

• Being "aware" is sometimes all it takes - saying "no" to that offered biscuit or reducing the regular "treats". Well done lizziep

• Good morning and thank you for hosting. Fish and chips are amazing, I live by the seaside and there’s an amazing fish and chip restaurant at the end of the pier. A very occasional treat these days.

This week I had planned on staying the same because I was in London for 3 days and out for dinner every night. I am pleased to report that with a little bit of will power I have actually managed to lose weight.

Weight last week 12 stone 4

Weight this week 12 stone 2.6

I make that just over 1lb lost.

This week is another maintain week as again I am away for 3 nights except this time I have even less control over the menu, last time I controlled everything except dinner this time I cannot plan any meals and there’s no walking or exercise on offer. I will have to force myself out of the hotel in between bits of the course which I know will be hard. Wish me and my will power the best of luck for another great week

• Hi Glamgran, and well done on your loss! 1.4lb you've lost there, not a mere 'just over 1 lb.' I hold onto every decimal point lost that I can!

You should be thrilled that your will power let you enjoy meals out in London but also to not betray your efforts here. You have loads to be proud of because you're doing great!

Good luck next week with your course, and do get yourself out of the hotel - just breathing the air in a training room for three days, nevermind not moving, could make you feel stifled. Have fun exploring and have a good week!

• Well done, that great very moderest

• I really admire the way you are planning and thinking about what is achievable each week. Great attitude and great loss!

• Well done for your weight loss. It sounds like so much of your upcoming trip is planned out but could you maybe think of leaving the hotel in between bits of the course as an adventure into a new place?? You will probably be glad of a break if the course is something really absorbing and then you will get a bit of control back by going for a wander and get some exercise too!

• Just found out there’s a gym so exercise is on the cards

• Well done on that great loss this week with everything you had going on. Wishing you lots of luck for the week ahead 🍀😊

• Well done on the loss Glamgran69. It’s so tricky when you’re away but you are almost in the 11stones range which is a great motivator.

• Well done!! I love how you are approaching your weeks knowing where the difficulties are going to lie. You’ve done brilliantly with your loss and with your will power I’m sure you’ll maintain this week (or maybe even a small loss)! Hope the course goes well and you have a great week

• Best of luck. You may surprise yourself at your weigh in next week :)

• Life goes on around weight loss and there will be weeks when one has lots of social events! But as long as in-between times, you are able to do your very best....

Enjoy your week! Let's keep our fingers crossed for a maintain!

• Good morning Pineapple27, you always have such interesting things going on. Thank you for hosting. Good luck with the cat!

This week I worked on keeping perspective. I had three occasions when I had little information about the food available (wedding reception, family dinner, etc) but I think I made it work without feeling either like I'd lost control or been deprived. Before the wedding reception in the evening I ate a proper low-cal hot meal lunchtime and then knew I had calories to use up, but without feeling like I hadn't eaten all day so that I binged. That seemed to work well enough.

Anyway this week I have lost 0.3lb.

Last week: 11 stone 7.4

This week: 11 stone 7.1

That's fine for me. I feel like I've lost a great deal more - maybe inches have decided to do their thing at last.

Have a good week everyone

• Fantastic to have lost weight when you’ve had lots of opportunities to turn a blind eye to eating healthily - congratulations on a loss and a fantastic mindset!

• Well done

• That loss is really good, especially with a wedding. Well done!

• Well done 📢 🤓

• Well done that sounds like a fun but challenging time as far as eating out is concerned - you did so well to stay mindful of what you were eating, this is something I still need to work on when out and about 😣 I hope next week is another great week for you 🍀👍

• Well done traisee. Still heading in the right direction and it’s a great feeling when clothes are loosening!

• Hi traisee - it sounds as though you did some forward planning and thinking and damage limitation there, which clearly paid off - well done!

• Good morning all! The scales are showing a loss of 3lb for me today (I think I’m just going to have to get used to a pattern of staying the same and then sudden surges!)

Starting weight (1 Jan): 15st 10lb

Last week: 10st 13lb

Today: 10st 10lb

That takes me to a total loss of 5 stone which I’m amazingly happy with.

Next mini-goal is 10st 6lb which is the top of my healthy weight range.

Longer-term I would love to settle somewhere within the 9 stone bracket (middle of my healthy weight range is 9st 1lb) so I’m not always scraping the edge of healthy/overweight BMI but once I’m into a healthy BMI range I will see how things settle down and let my body lead!

• Wow abigettinghealthy, and good morning!

What a great result this week - and I had no idea you'd come so far. You're AMAZING!

I am interested to see you mention the long-term. I have been pondering a post for a long time about how we should set our goal weights. Is half-way into the healthy weight range the way to go? I'm afraid I set mine in a more arbitrary way.

You'll be in the healthy weight range in no time now. Definitely by Christmas. So exciting! Well done you!

• Thanks so much for the encouragement! I’m not sure what my body will settle at in the longer-term but the mid point of the healthy weight range at least provides some idea of what might be realistic. In practice I think I will aim to reach 9st 10lb which would take me to a 6st loss and a few lbs away from the top of a healthy BMI and then see what happens - I’m not going to let myself get too stressed about reaching a precise number having come this far.

• Very sensible abigettinghealthy

Very well done on losing 5 stone!!! Excellent news 😊🎉👏😊

New badge on its way

• That amazing 5 stone weight lose. Should be very proud.

• What a fantastic journey you have taken and it’s really interesting hearing how you are thinking about maintaining. It will be great to get there well done.

• Amazing results. I'm sure you will reach your next goal you are obviously 'in the zone' !! Look forward to following your progress. Lizzie

• This is really inspirational abigettinghealthy! I’m so happy for you and hope you reach your mini goal for Christmas 🍀👌

• Well done abigettinghealthy - weight loss pattens will vary from one person to the next - we just have to learn how our own body works with regards to weight loss and settle for that! The main thing is not to get derailed when you have a few "stay the sames" and clearly you've managed to to that!

• What a fantastic result! Congratulations on losing 3lbs last week and for getting your shiny new 6 stone badge. I must say, it looks amazing on you! :D

I agree with you, I'm not aiming for a specific number so much as a range. Not that I'm close to it yet, still have a couple of stone to go. But still, onwards and downwards! :)

• So My plan of really going for a loss and getting below the weight bracket backfired, a few unplanned meals out this weekend have blown it.

But I am determined to get back and get that weight off. So to the numbers

I started at 18st 7.5lb

Last week 18st 1.5lb

This week 18st 2.5lb

A 1lb gain, it will come off again, just got to be careful with food labels and plan for meals out, the hubby is working this weekend so hopefully not going out anywhere unplanned

• Just keep going one day at a time. This weight loss game is a marathon not a sprint. Well done for getting straight back on it

• With that positive attitude you will get there very soon.

• It’s great to hear you are determined for next week I’m sure this will bring you success on the scales by the end of it! You’ll be into the 17’s in no time - you can do this 🍀😊👍

• Hi Rebecca-F

As I have shared in various past posts, I realised that eating out too much was one of my main downfalls with regards to my weight. That doesn't mean to say you need to stop eating out - but you'll need to be ultra-good in between to get the same results!!

Perhaps you can use some time at the weekend to plan meals for the week and even do some batch cooking for the freezer (if you are that way inclined!)

I have to say that I now really enjoy a meal out, as they are a rare treat rather than something I do often.

• Oops. These things happen, so not much to do but put it behind you and carry on. As you are! :)

Glad you've got a plan going forward and good luck getting back on track this week. :)

• Good morning All, thanks Pineapple for hosting.

I am afraid my weight has gone sky high. Started to change my diet to low carb, high fat weight iniially dropped, since then gone up and up. So this week will be back to carb and low fat, in the hope to lose weight gained.

6/11/17 11 stone 4

Today 11 stone 7.2

A gain of 3.2lbs over two weeks.

• I hope the change of plan works for you. Best of luck.

• Oh no honey im sorry to hear that low carb high fat didn’t work out. Still at least you’ve got a plan and I’m sure over the next week you will be rewarded. Fingers crossed that the scales are kinder to you for all your hard work 🤗

• Sorry to hear your plan didn't go as well as you had hoped. It's not too bad of a gain over two weeks, only 1.6lbs/week (as moreless would say! :) ).

Good luck with the adjustments, I hope you have a better week.

• Hi Honey10

Were you still keeping a track of the calories you consumed?

I know one mistake some people make with low carb/high fat is to over-indulge in some of the calorific things like nuts, cheese, peanut butter, etc.

Sorry that low carb / high fat hasn't worked for you, but as I have found during my own 5 year journey, I have tried lots of things to keep the weight moving downwards and to keep my weight loss journey interesting! :D

• Hi Pineapple,

Thanks for the advice.

I am afraid wasn't religiously keeping track of the calories. I think your right I was getting feta cheese, avocados, lot of full fat Greek yoghurt and almonds.Must track calories this week.

Very busy last couple of weeks at work, looking forward to two week off over christmas.

• Yes, the beauty of eating fewer carbs and more natural fat is that it helps to control appetite, however we still need to reduce portion sizes to facilitate weight loss.

As important is to avoid plateaux by increasing natural fat for one or two weeks each month to maintain the current weight. Thereafter, weight loss can easily be resumed by reducing portion sizes again.

• Wow its great that everyone posted last time. I don't think I have noticed this particular stat before. Thanks to Pineapple27 for hosting today. I like the saying as it really resonated with me to think of the journey we are on. I am pleased you knocked that weight back off - awesome!

Last week I weighed 12 stone This week I weigh 11 stone 13lb (yay) so I have lost 1 lb.

Overall I have lost 11lb. Slow but steady! I have had many stay the same weeks in my short time on here but overall going in the right direction and my plan is to renew my efforts with more planning and better recording of calories as that has been slipping in recent weeks. Since I dithered over electronic versus paper recording a few weeks back I have not really done any recording! Argh. I am very indecisive person and currently struggling with virtually constant decisions on our whole house refurb (current choices are woodburner v multifuel and neutral v bright bedroom paint argh) so I have put the thing about calorie counting to the back of my mind and it needs to come forth again!!

• 11lb is fantastic and even better that you kept going even when it went slowly, well done indeed.

• Well done on your loss this week and for dropping into the l1’s 🙌 👍👌

For me recoding calories into an app on my phone is easiest, it’s always with me, you can scan barcodes and it’s very quick to use.

I hope you have another great week for the week ahead 🍀😊

• Congratulations on an excellent loss! :)

I know what you mean, I started off recording with paper and pencil but gave up with that as it was kind of a pain for me. Especially as I was having to look up the calories of things online to use in my calculations anyway! :P I started using My Fitness Pal earlier this year and have (mostly) found it easy to use. And once something is recorded it's there to be used again in the future.

Good luck with your decorating decisions and a huge well done for getting into the 11s! :D

• You are in the 11's! Well done RachDawson !!

I find electronic recording (although more time consuming initially...) works better for me as I am able to plan out my food in advance.

Hope that you managed to get back to it soon and well done on the loss and getting into the 11's!

• JUAN STONE ... Steps onto the Scales

Results..48yr old male. 6' 1" tall. Weekly loss of 2.75 lbs. BMI score started at 27 now at 24.5 Total loss of 1st 5.5 lbs since 27/9/17 ...... 19.5 lbs down at least 11 lbs to lose. JUAN STONE & SOPHIE the Dog .... Getting healthier every day.

----------------------------------------------------------

Week 0 - Starting off at 205.5 lbs (14st 9.5lbs)

Week 1 - 205 lbs (14st 9lbs)

Week 2 - 200.75 lbs (14st 4.75 lbs)

Week 3 - 199.75 lbs (14st 3.75 lbs)

Week 4 - 197 lbs (14st 1lb)

Week 5 - 193.75 lbs (13st 11.75 lbs)

Week 6 - 190.75 lbs (13st 8.75 lbs)

Week 7 - 188.75 lbs (13 st 6.75 lbs)

Week 8 - 186 lbs (13 st 4 lbs )

-----------------------------------------------------------

BMI SCORE 24.5 Weekly Loss of 2.75lbs ..11 lbs to lose. Total weight lost so far 19.5 lbs

• Another great loss this week many congratulations! Not far to go.

• Thanks Annafrances 🤓

• Well done Juan stone. Major improvement.

• Thanks derrygeel

• What a great achievement Juan, not long now and you will be at goal 🙌👏👏

• thanks xvanillaskyx , I'll see how I look and feel once I reach my goal of 12st 7 lbs

• Wow, very impressed. Congratulations on a stellar loss of 2.75lbs! :)

• Thanks VickyDLM

• Well done Juan-Stone ! That is incredible success! You should be very, very pleased with yourself! Hope Sophie keeps you in check this coming week!

• Thanks Pineapple27 ever closer to my goal of 12st 7 lbs. once I get there I'll see how I look and feel.

• Well done.

• Thanks Fab_Jem

• Good morning all Sorry Ive let myself down last week 11st 3lbs this week 11st 4lbs a gain of a pound Its started - 2 lunches out mincepie shortbread and gingerbread It has shown me how easy it is to put back on though!! I have another meal out but I will make sure my diet at home is stricter I find its so hard for me to resume calorie counting after a day off but I so want to see the 10 stones start in December I don't care if its 10 stones 13lbs as long as I see 10 stones I hope you have better weighins than me Good luck

• I am sure you will be back on it and good luck.

• It'sa tough time of year for weight loss. I adore mince pies but I've long had a rule not to eat any until December. I wonder what other strategies people use.

• This is a very good question! 👍

• I find that I am not so fond of the cheap grocery store mince pies. The only ones worth eating come from a local bakery that make some amazing ones that also have brandy butter in with the filling. They are totally worth the calories, but way to expensive for more than the (very) occasional treat.

That's how I keep my mince pie consumption down! :)

• I might join you on those. Hang the expense

• Ok mentally I just ate 10 of those whilst reading through that post you made them sound so good 😅

• Hi milliemay you are the same as me I want to be in the 10s by xmas. I would have been this week but it was my sisters 60th this weekend and I'm afraid I indulged a lot. Beautiful hotel and fantastic party. Lets see if we can reach it in the next 2 weeks.

• You know what you need to do and that’s half the battle, I’m sure you will be able to do it this week and I hope you are rewarded by the scales at the end of it 👍 wishing you lots of luck 🍀👍👌

• Hi Milliemay, don't be too hard on yourself. A pound on isn't too bad and I'm sure you'll manage to see the back of it next week as you have a good plan going forward. Good luck and I'm sure you'll see the 10s by Christmas! :) Good luck!

• Hi Milliemay1 sorry to hear your week hasn't been so good. It is hard this time of year when all those Christmas goodies are about! I have one small shelf that I have stored by goodies on, but this is strictly off limits until at least Christmas Eve! I also buy frozen pastry and mince meat / sausage meat and make just a small batch of mince pies or sausage rolls so that we can enjoy them, but that we aren't eating too many - plus they paste so much nicer when they are warm out of the oven....

We'll all keep our fingers crossed for crossing into the 10's by December!

• This week I'm posting a loss of 2.5lbs from 11st 6.5lbs you 11st 4lbs.

While this is great it has come about because of an anxiety over a stressful work situation. I'vebeen almost too sick to eat at times.

• I am so sorry to hear about your week. That sounds very difficult and the loss is probably no consolation but at least you respond with weight loss not gain. Hope it improves.

• Great weight loss but sorry you're having a tough time at work. Hope things improve this week and your anxiety levels drop. Chin up, lots of support here and not just for the weight loss.

• Thank lizzie

• Sorry that your week has been so stressful- yet you have managed to not comfort eat and therefore not sabotage your journey! 👏🙌

A massive well done for this, I really hope the week ahead is less stressful for you 🤞

• Thank you but it'shardly to my credit . I was absolutely unable to eat

• Congratulations on a loss of 2.5lbs. :)

Though I am sorry to hear you've had a stressful week, I hope things shape up and work is much better for you this week.

• Thinking of you this week. Hope you can resolve the work thing and move forward which sounds a really difficult hurdle.

• Oh dear derrygeel - I'm sorry to hear that you've been having a bad time at work. It's not the best way to lose weight. Do you have any colleagues or family/friends who you can share your worries with? My daughter suffers badly with anxiety and is away at University. I try to support her as best I can, but it's sometimes hard when in another town... :(

• Ironically I'm not the one who normally suffers from anxiety. I'm normally the one who supported anxious people with a mixture of kindness and tolerance and also some brisk no-nonsense.

I find it amazing that a group of complete strangers can provide such empathy and support.

I do think it's particularly tough if it's your child that suffers from anxiety. And being in another town does not help. Good luck. And thanks again for the support.

• Well done Pineapple27 for overcoming last week and losing it. You really show how it is done!

Start weight 96kg

Last week 73kg

Weight this week 71.4Kg

Loss 1.6kg

Discovered that swimming is ok for burning calories but really miss the running which is so strange since I have never really enjoyed that kind of exercise before. Good news is first season in the gymn on the gentle cross trainer and knee survived. So getting back to it slowly but cautiously.

Off for a weeks business travel with lots of airplanes, little sleep and hotel food so we shall see....

Good luck all.

• Well done on your loss Anna, it’s good to hear that you are able to start getting back to doing some of types of exercise you enjoy more, not long now and you’ll be running rings around everyone again 🤗👍💪

• Congratulations on losing 1.6kg this week, fantastic! :)

Good you're managing to find some exercise that suits your knee. Funny how this changes your view of exercise. I never would have thought of myself as a swimmer before, but now I'm comparing notes with my sister! (She's the swimmer of the family)

Keep up the slow and cautious and I hope your knee improves quickly. Good luck with the travel! :)

• Hi Annafrances I am about to embark on some new exercises hopefully from next Monday after an appointment with a physio. I have some ideas about the things I want to do and hopefully they'll support my choices and show me the best sorts of exercises to try....

Sounds like you have a very busy week ahead and that it will be difficult to keep on plan? Hope that you manage to pull it out of the bag!

• I'll be swimming from December. Definitely will be running, I miss it too but want to be a bit lighter first. Keel it up.

• Hi Pienapple27

Thanks for hosting and well done on yout loss. I missed the post last week so this is for two. It is a loss but should have been more but have been at a family party this weekend at The Celtic Manor.

Weight last post 11st 1.2lbs

Weight this week 11st 0.2lbs

Loss of 1lb

Want to try and get into the 10s by next week.

• Family party sounds lovely and you are still going in the right direction which is fantastic.

• What a lovely weekend you must of had, and bonus you lost weight this week - amazing 👍😊

• I also think that sounds excellent, to have lost a pound even with a family party. Congratulations! :)

Hope you had a great time at the party.

• Yay Summercool6 that's great! We'll see you in the 10's next week for sure!

• Good morning everyone and thanks for hosting Pineapple 27.

Last week I weighed 11st 0.8lbs and this morning I weigh 11st 1 lbs so a gain of 0.2lbs. It is exactly what I deserve! I exercised hard last week but had a heavy (right word for it!) weekend and gave up counting the calories when it got too scary 😂. I’m back in the saddle this week and hope I’ll be back in the tens at the next weigh in. Good luck everyone this morning and hope you all have a great week.

• Sounds as though you had a weekend like mine and I want to be in the 10s as well next week

• Tha'ts hardly anything at all, it's very nearly a maintain! I'm sure you'll see the back of it next week, if it wasn't just a blip of the scales or bit of water retention. ;)

Good luck! :)

• You’ve got the right attitude for the week ahead, wave goodbye to last week and you’ll see a positive result on the scales I’m sure 👍💪🍀

• Mission17 That's not too bad - I'd say you got away lightly! I'm sure that will be gone by next Monday with a bit more!

• Newbie here. I'm weighing in at 16 stone which feels like an enormous amount of weight to lose. But my first goal is the two stone I've put on this year. I'm only 5ft 4 so I've a long journey ahead. Main challenge of the week is to not dig into the snack table at work and to remember to drink some water each day as I never do.

• Get yourself a water bottle, it's much easier to record how much you drink, and easier to remember to drink if it's with you all time R💞

• Welcome to the Monday weigh-in, Midlifebride :)

Try not to think of your whole journey, but break it down into manageable amounts of 7lbs, you won't feel so overwhelmed then.

Wishing you a great first week :)

• It's scary to look at it all at once - baby steps and small goals I find make it easier. Also celebrating and remembering the 'non-scale victories' of feeling better, moving easier, fitting clothing better, etc helps to keep me on track and positive (even if there is a long way to go)!

• Hello and Welcome! :)

Moreless is right, don't think of it all in one large chunk, break it down into more manageable goals. And then you can have the fun of finding some non-food things to reward yourself with when you get to your goals.! :)

• Yes the dreaded work snack table 😬 I can only avoid it if I despise it and apply some sort of smugness to not participating in it 😅🤓👹

I wish you lots of luck for the week ahead and am so pleased you decided to join us here 😊👍

• I remember that table from when I was working! Someone once advised me that the secret was not to have even one treat as once you had one, you just craved the next one and it was true! Try to keep your blinkers on 😂

• Hi Midlifebride and welcome. I'm a real shortie at only 4ft 9", so I know that for us shorties, every pound really shows! But equally, ever pound we lose shows too. Drinking lots of water and cutting out those snacks is a good way to get to grips and embed some life long changes into your diet.

Here are some of my past posts which may be of interest / help?

healthunlocked.com/nhsweigh...

• Thank you. Snacking is a huge downfall for me

• Thanks pineapple, you are really enthusiastic and such an encouragement, and inspiration.

• I'm with xvanillaskyx on snacks. I have stopped having them because it just made my cravings deeper. 3 or 4 meals a day is my approach. This approach may not be for you though.

• I snac and then eat a full size meal so really need to cut them out and control my portion sizes! Thank you x

• Give it a go. Stop buying the things you snack on.

• Morning everyone,

Thanks for hosting pineapple27. Well done on your loss this week!

I have lost 1lb this week so I’m sitting at 15stone 5lbs. It’s a small loss but it’s a loss 😊. Found I have more energy this week and I’ve needed a belt for my jeans, what a nice problem to have!!

Wishing everyone a fab week ahead.

• Fantastic, Dragonfly! Well done you! :)

• Well done on your loss Dragonfly 👍 your starting to see the benefits of all your hard work paying off, it won’t be long now until you might need to start buying some new clothes 😃👌

• Congratulations on losing a pound last week! :) It's not at all a small loss, but just about right. As many on here have said, it's just about a block of butter.

Well done and good luck keeping your jeans up! ;)

• Yay! Great result on the weight and needing a belt to hold up your jeans Dragonfly04 !! :D

• Hi hope you are well and in control! I am reporting that I have lost1.5lbs so l am pleased. Would like to weigh in at 12 st something next week. Cheers

• Don't forget to respond to your fellow Mass Movers, wellington, as it's the support we get from others, that keeps us going :)

• Congratulations on losing 1.5 lbs this last week! :)

I am also hoping to get into the 12s next week. Good luck! :)

• Great loss wellington 🙌👍 I hope you see the 12’s next week 🤞🍀

• That's great wellington6 - that's a really good loss...!!

• Good morning all! I'm a newbie, from the UK, on week five as of today of the NHS weight loss plan. My weight has been creeping up for years but I have finally had enough of not being able to wear all my clothes. So, my starting weight was 11st 12lbs, and today I weigh 11st 7lbs. Last week was not the best week...there was bread and a couple of cakes...but I still managed to lose a pound! Yay! My weight goal is 10 stone. See you next week!

• ps: my mini goal is to lose 1-2 lbs a week :)

• Welcome to the Monday weigh-in, Powerpuffgirl, I'm sure those pesky pounds will start melting away now! :)

• Life, and its associated food, happens! Congratulations on losing 1lb last week! :)

• Welcome 👋 and really well done on losing a pound - each one really does count. Looking forward to following your progress and wishing you lots of luck along the way 👍😊

• Welcome PowerpuffGirl (love the name!)

Well done on that loss.... bread and cakes will continue to feature in our lives, we have to just learn how to limit them! I have to admit to eating a slice of banana loaf and a hot cross bun with butter yesterday when visiting a friend. The banana loaf was still warm and had come out of the oven about 30 minutes earlier. Too good to pass on! But we rarely eat cake at home, so it's a rare treat rather than a weekly event....

• Over indulgent week, routine went out of the window as I wasn’t at work, gained 2lb.

Notice my indigestion came back within days of poor eating choices, must get back on track!

Last week 14.13

This week 15.1

Gain 2 lb

Good luck everyone x

• Hi Dizzykate, I have very similar problems,I do well when I write my calories down and everything goes as planned but I am easily distracted. But the good thing is that we both know that we can loose weight and feel better if we follow the plan. It’s a new week, let’s start again with a positive mindset. We can do this!

• I’m sure with your renewed direction that 2lb gain will fly off. Good luck for this coming week 😀

• Don't forget to respond to your fellow Mass Movers, Dizzykate, as it's the support we get from others, that keeps us going :)

• Really? I’m sure you will see that I always respond to others, I’m currently at work and I’d prefer to respond when I actually have time to read the posts otherwise it would be a meaningless thumbs up x

• That's fine Kate :)

• It is quite difficult going through all the posts - I can vouch for that! It's almost a full-time job on my hosting days! My in-box was full by the time I'd reached home at midday with all the post activity! :D :D

• Sorry to hear you had a difficult week, Kate. Now you're back at work and back into your routine I'm sure you'll see the back of those couple of pounds.

I know what you mean about the indigestion, it now takes very little for reverting to unhealthy/over eating to cause my stomach to rebel. :P

Good luck! :)

• New day, new week and based on your post you know exactly what you need to do this week to have a great result by the end of it 💪👍 🍀

• Yowza. Not good (indigestion) but our bodies will complain when we abuse them!

Hope this week is less indulgent and that you're not bothered by the indigestion. My hubbie gets heartburn when he over indulges...

• 24 days po and another week maintained.... not entirely sure how tho, but I will take it!

This week I will try and get back into the recording habit, see where I am. I know I'm nowhere near my calorie intake.

Have a great week all

R💞

• Still, you must be doing something right if you've maintained without keeping track of your calories. I'd say that's a fantastic achievement in and of itself. Congratulations! :)

• Thankyou, to be fair, I've had a couple of naughty treats, to help with calories 😂 Maybe it's been enough to keep me maintained. Going to try and make an effort this week 😇

• Hi Rosie173 - yep, recording food intake is vital to success. Well done on staying the same! I sometimes find it hard to stay the same even when recording!

• I've just been concentrating on making sure I eat, I do tend to not bother, so this was a tricky time, keeping on top of meals xx I have a small appetite and reluctuncy to eat at times of stress/feeling ill xx

• Thank you for hosting Pineapple!

I had a challenging week as it was my birthday last week and it gave me an excuse to overindulge for days and miss gym... 🙄

Starting weight 95.4kg

Last week 88.9kg

Today 89.3kg

A gain of 0.4kg but I am relieved it is not more than that. I have to go back to gym and start writing down my calories. Hopefully it will help me getting back on track.

• Birthdays are always tricky, well done for limiting the damage! Good luck with getting back on track, I'm sure you'll be heading back in the downwards direction next week. :)

• Happy belated birthday! It’s just a tiny gain I’m sure you will see the back of it by the end of next week 😊👍

• Thank you xvanillaskyx . I find it very difficult now to be good and motivated. It must be the weather... but I will try my best

• Big bowls of soup are my saviour at the moment 😅😋☺️

• Ah - happy belated birthday Isomaha ! Yes, my husband manages to celebrate his birthday for about a week before and two weeks afterwards!

You'll soon be back on track. Birthdays only come once a year! I think a small gain is acceptable under the circumstances :D

• That's a gain of about a pound . Nothing in the scheme of things given the week that was in it

• Hi everyone.

This is my first week weighing in.

My start weight is 17stone 3lbs.

I did weigh 17stone last week ( 3lb gain in a week) but I didn’t weigh in on the forum last week.

My big goal is to get down my bmi down to below 35 before August next year

I am aiming for a 1lbs loss this week keeping within my calories and upping my time being active.

I hope the scales are nice for everyone today 😀

• Welcome Dolphinsheep I’m so glad you have decided to join us 😊 you have set a really realistic goal for the week ahead and I wish you all the best in achieving it! Looking forward to your post next week 🍀👌👍

• Welcome to the Monday weigh-in, Dolphinsheep :)

I'm sure that you'll be sending those pounds packing, in no time at all :)

• Hello and Welcome! :)

You've got a realistic goal so I'm sure you'll be able to see some positive results next week. Good luck! :)

• Hi Dolphinsheep - welcome to the weigh in! Honoured that you've decided to join the Monday Movers - a supportive bunch!

Look forward to hearing how you've done next week. Have a good one and please do ask for support via the forum whenever you need it.

• Hi guys, well done on winning at losing! Sorry I haven't been around for the last 5 or so weeks. I have had health issue along with high blood pressure and high blood sugar. My weight fluctuated between 16st 7 and 16st 4. Then discovered, much to my dismay and disgust that there is sugar in bread and crisps (it really took me a while to get over that). So, I stopped eating those and the weight began to fall away. Last week when I weighed I was 16st 2 and a quarter pounds!!! So close to my first stone. Delighted to say that today I am 16st and half a pound!!! I finally conquered the first stone. I am posting this from my phone as I am a busy bee today and don't time to do my usual format, sorry stat people. I will try to get on later to support you lovely people. Have a good weigh in x

• Well done on your loss keep up the good work.

• Yay for the first stone, what a great accomplishment for you! Perseverance pays off :).

• You were 16st 5lbs on the 16th of October, DD, which gives you an average weekly loss of 0.9lbs. Well done you! :)

Your new badge looks fandabedozy!! :)

• Well done on a fantastic loss and congratulations on making your first stone! :D

Glad you're feeling better and have found your way back. :)

• Congratulations! ! You have done amazing. I do hope that you are feeling better and also very proud of yourself. Yes sugar has a lot to answer for! Good luck.

• Good to see you back DD7005 🌹 Sorry to hear you have not been well. Hope you are feeling heap's better. Congratulations on reaching your first stone, you can wear your badge with pride. Have a great week ☺

• Woohoo 🙌 well done on obtaining you one stone badge 👌

• Hi DD7005 Yep, bread, crisps, sauces, baked beans.... there is sugar hidden EVERYWHERE and it doesn't do our poor bodies or our weight loss any good :( No worries about not posting too much when on a phone - I find it impossible with my eyesight!

• Lovely to have you back DD7005. You are doing so well....well done 🌼

• Hi, well after me putting on weight I lost over last 2 weeks, I have managed to lose 1lb this week so in the right direction. I am not happy though with my eating. Disappointed that after nearly 3 years I have returned to comfort eating . I thought I had broken that until this year! So I aim to not just do well in the week but also at the weekend , (I do have a very big family celebration though), but as long as it is my meal and not binging that will be an improvement. Good luck all.

• Nice loss and positive attitude, good luck next week.

• So sorry I had typed a reply to the person above but it is not there i must have not hit submit button ! I will type it again as yes I totally understand about the support.

• Oh comfort eating is my problem too! I find every excuse for it. And healthy comfort eating is just not the same. 🤔

• Don't forget to respond to your fellow Mass Movers, vickster, as it's the support we get from others, that keeps us going :)

• I seemto be having a few technical issues. Please see above

• Fingers crossed they sort themselves out, it can be sooooo frustrating! :o

• I find it difficult to avoid comfort eating too. Trouble is, I don't actually feel very comfortable afterwards as I've generally overeaten and then have a stomach ache! :P

Glad you've had a better week and Congratulations on a fantastic 1lb loss! :D

Good luck with the celebration over the weekend. I did my Thanksgiving on Saturday last weekend (it's actually on Thursday) so hopefully should be safe until my birthday/Christmas.

• vickster5 - you are not alone. I am sure that many of us have turned to food at some point or another. I know that many people have found this book helpful "Eating Less - Say Goodbye to Overeating" By Gillian Riley has helped them to change their behaviour and thinking.

A favourite quote from this author: "To make lasting changes, you’ll need to find more pleasure in controlling your eating than in overeating. Otherwise you won’t stay with it."

• Well vickster5 it sounds to me as if you’re doing really well with your great attitude. You’ve accepted what you’ve been doing & that’s half the battle! If I feel like binging I come on this forum until the moment passes.....it’s working for me & I thought I was a lost cause! Hope you have a good week ahead 🌼

• Hell everyone. I'm not really new here but just back again after about 2 years. Things have changed on here, for the better it looks.

I'm 56,female, 3 grown children, 1 granddaughter aged 6 months. I was a teaching assistant but been medically retired due to M.E and I have to say apart from financial loss, it's made me feel much better. I am able to control what I do.

I now weigh 11 stone and would like to get down to 10 stone, no real time limit but not too fast (actually tomorrow would do, but realistically for a life change) and possibly a further half stone depending on how I feel and look health wise.

I'm relying on my tight jeans to give me a second clue since I never seem to get the hang of tape measures around my tummy sometimes I seem to breath in more, never sure of the right place and mostly because it's cold!

So checking in at 11 stone.

• Like your honestly - I'd like it tomorrow too, but slow and steady wins the race I suppose! Also agree with the tape measure, I think they are always a bit of an unpleasant shock to the skin - at least here in chilly Britain.

Welcome back to the forum anyways and good luck :).

• Welcome back 🌹 Slow and steady is good. Have a great week.

• Welcome back to the Monday weigh-in, Pilpala, I'm glad you like the new look of the forum :)

Wishing you a great week! :)

• Hi and Welcome (back)! :)

I agree with you and mistymtnhop333 , I'd love to hit my goal by tomorrow too! :O But as you say, not too realistic.

Good luck!

• Hi Pilpala and welcome!

There are many of us on this Forum who have additional barriers to losing our weight - whether it's age, the side-effects of medication, thyroid problems, disability, illness.... it just means that we will have to put in that little more effort to counting calories and keeping an eye on portion sizes as we are likely to need less calories because of our inability to burn additional calories through huge amount of exercise....

But taking control of what we eat has all kinds of benefits, as you will soon discover!

Look forward to hearing how you've found your first week next Monday!

• Not a great day for me as gained 3.5 lbs this week (so up to 12 stones 8.5 lbs. Probably not the best week to start when I was away for the weekend with friends. Hopefully it will be better next week.

• Sorry to hear you've had a gain this week. As you say, being away makes it difficult to control your meals. As you're back this week I'm sure you'll get back on track and see more favorable results next weigh in. :)

• I hope so VickyDLM . Have to be honest that felt a bit fed up and down this morning but will just have to keep at it. Doesn't help that my osteoarthritis is playing up more (can feel it a bit more in my hips) but that think my weight is not helping at all. I tend to put weight on around my top half and not my legs. Thank you for your message though. As you say - hopefully will be back on track with better results next week. :-)

• Losing weight will DEFINITELY help with the pain StephyCara - I can vouch for that.. It's helped me a lot in that regard.

I have been doing a Future Learn Course on THE MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM (free on-line courses) futurelearn.com/courses/mus... and there are several clips from people with OA saying what a difference losing weight and remaining active has made to their pain levels.

• Thank you sooooooooo much for that Pineapple27 - very much appreciated. It helps to hear from others who have the same diagnoses too. Great to hear that losing weight will help so more incentive to actually get my act into gear. Thank you again - and for the link too. Have saved this and will look soon. :-) :-)

• I would try and share the link for the video clip but not certain if you'll be able to access without joining?

• No worries at all. I will join. :-)

• Don't forget to respond to your fellow Mass Movers, StepyCara, as it's the support we get from others, that keeps us going :)

• Have done moreless although one response has a question in it (which is probably not the right idea)!! Will do though. :-)

• Good for you, StephyCara! Questions are fine, it's all about mutual support. It's the lifeblood of this community :)

• StephyCara - that's likely to be a temporary gain as you were away for the weekend. You have to eat 3,500 OVER maintenance to gain one pound... so I am sure you didn't manage to eat 0ver 10,500 extra in just three days! :D

That's why I choose a Friday for my own weigh in! Weekends tend to be when I have most of my social activities planned.

As long as you are able to get back on track, that will soon be gone!

• Thank you Pineapple27 - maybe I should change to a Friday WI? Never thought about that before but know they like to keep the same WI day though but might try that and stick with that going forward. It is awkward when you go away for a weekend but your logic regarding eating 10,500 makes perfect sense and does help!!! Thank you. :-)

• Others find that a Monday weigh in ensures that they keep themselves in check for the weekend though..... :D :D as long as you don't go crazy every weekend, a Monday weigh in should work?

I weigh in on Friday morning and am always pleased if I manage to "leave" a weekend (Sunday evening) the same weight as I entered it (Friday night)!

• Knowing me I'll have a sneak peak anyway this Friday so see how it goes. Just need to stay disciplined to make this work, finally!!

• First weigh in on here as I'm new to Health Unlocked (but about 6 weeks into my proper weight loss journey):

Started the week at 162.2lbs / 73.6kg - today at 159.8 lbs/ 72.5kg -- a loss of 2.4 lbs/ 1.1kg.

Started this push for weight loss at 169lbs/ 76.7kg - now having lost 9.2lb/4.2kg. Eventual goal weight is 140lbs/ 63.5kg - but next smaller target goal is 152lbs/ 68.9kg by first week in February.

Very surprised (and pleased!) at this amount of weight loss for the week - I'm averaging about 1 lb per week loss so far. I went for a big hike in the mountains Saturday - about 5 hours of exercise - so perhaps this has sped things up this week. My husband and I went to our favourite pizza place afterwards to try to make up for lost calories though!!

This coming week I will be keeping to my calories goal. But, since I exercise quite a bit, I am trying to make sure I eat enough net calories of balanced, nutrient-dense foods on the days I work out, particularly enough protein as I'm doing strength training too.

See you all next Monday!

• Welcome 🌹 You've done a great job. You wiil find this forum, helpful, supportive and entertaining. I could never of achieved my weight loss without it. Have a great week ☺

• Congratulations on a well-earned loss of 2.4lbs! Some weeks just seem to work somehow, could be the extra exercise. Good luck keeping to your calorie goal this week. :)

• Welcome to the Monday weigh-in, misty, it looks as if you're already off to a flying start!! :)

Keep up the great work! :)

• Wowee mistymtnhop333 - that's an amazing loss for your first week! Well done you! Great that you enjoyed your meal at your favourite pizza place after your big hike - it's all about balance and looks like it is working for you. See you next week! :-)

• Welcome mistymtnhop333 Great weight loss, especially as you have been losing weight for a few weeks. I am sure that 5 hours of exercise helped a lot!

• Good Morning Everyone,

JUst been to doctors, nothing serious, so I've had an hours walk which is a great start to the day.

Start weight. 11st. 5.5

Last week 10st 7

This week 10st 6.25

Thats another 0.75 lb gone, was hoping to reach my stone mark this week, but I only have 0.75lb to lose next week if i'm lucky, wishing everyone a great week see you all next Monday.

• Good loss Kaza67, I'm sure you will have your 1 stone badge. Go girl ☺

• Oh, so close! :O I'm sure you'll get your 1 stone next week. Congratulations on a great loss this week. :)

• Well done Kaza67 - excellent result!

• Wow Kaza67 you are doing so well. Wishing you well for next week 🌼

• Good Morning Pineapple27, thanks for hosting and you are back on track yippee 🙂 I have steamed cod and small chips from our local fish & chip shop every week, served with a lemon wedge and seasoning. Sometimes I add a salad, sometimes I ask for mushy peas, yummy. I dont miss the batter anymore. ☺

• Hi purplerosie - I have to admit that I have a frozen "lightly dusted" code or haddock fillet usually - with celeriac chips. Not sure what came over me last week, but it's a very rare event for me to go so crazy the night before a weigh in! I also like sea bass pan roasted... mmmmmm....

• It happens to us all at some point! Well done for the loss this week. I'm sure you will keep it up. I must admit bass pan roasted sounds yummy, looking up the recipie now.

• Good morning everyone, hope you all had a good week. Last week I weighed 13 stone 11.5 pounds, this week I weigh 13 stone 10 pounds, a loss of 1.5 pounds.

• Excellent news, congratulations on losing 1.5lbs last week! :)

• That’s really good going 👍 I hope you have another great week next week 🍀

• Brilliant! Are you happy to share how much you've lost overall?? I want to make sure you are awarded any badges due to you.... and I know that moreless likes to get her pom poms out for a good shake!

• Good Morning Pineapple27 and thank you for being our lovely host today. :)

This has been a fairly good week for me, partly due to having my (diabetic) mother-in-law visiting. This meant that I managed to hold off on the sweet treats most of the week as I can't feed them to my MIL and it would have been rude to eat in front of her! Sort of made it easier to avoid the stuff I shouldn't be buying at the grocery store. ;) Kind of does make you think though why it is that it's easier to be strong on somebody else's account than on your own.

So, I this week I am at 13 st 1, down 1lb from last week's weight of 13 st 2. :D Very pleased with that and hoping I can keep on the ball and be in the 12s again next week (which I have not been since about this time last year :P ). :)

I hope the scales have been kind to all this week. :)

P.S. I can't believe how busy this post is this morning! :)

• Great job VickyDLM 🌹 I can see those 12's looming what a great achievement that will be. Go girl ☺

• You are so right that when it comes to helping other people it seems so easy yet helping ourselves is a whole other ball game 😬 Very well done on your loss though and I hope you have another fab week 😊👍

• Well done VickyDLM !! Also a good reminder that one side effect of being over weight might be diabetes - that was a huge incentive for me to lose weight!

Well done on the loss - You'll be into the 12's soon! :D

• Thanks, Pineapple!

My MIL's weight is definitely the cause of her diabetes. And she refuses to take care of herself because she says at her age it doesn't matter. She somehow fails to see that she would feel better if she took better care of herself (healthy eating and such) but just won't listen to reason (from her children or her siblings)! :P

Still, you're right in that it's definitely an example of where I don't want to be! :)

• Well done VickyDLM. You will be in the 12’s soooo soon! 🌼

• Morning fellow mass movers 👋 last week I was 15st 2lbs this week I’m 15st 1lb so a 1lb loss.

I was hoping it would be a little bit more as I went on a 5 mile walk on the weekend, but then realised I ate a rather large slice of carrot cake shortly after so completely counter productive 😭 🙈 oh well here’s to another new week 💪

• At least with carrot cake you get in some vegetables! ;)

Congratulations on losing 1lb, well done! :)

• This is true 🙊

• I lost a lb too - better off than on - its also a whole pack of lurpak! Here's to next week xx

• 14s is closer too xx

• I was so close to it 😂 the scales were kind on Friday showing 15st dead but I just made a bit of a rookie error on Sunday 🙊

• Hello xvanillaskyx. You’ve done so well losing that 1lb. It’s too easy to make those rookie errors! I seem to do just the same when the scales show a good reading.....I think I’ve cracked it and eat something like cake or biscuits. Then kick myself when the scales go up again.Grrrrr!😳 Good luck for next week.....it would be great to see the 14’s!🌼

• I sneaked a peek on the scales earlier in the week (Thursday) and saw 14 something 😭😭😭😭 oh that blumming cake haha!! I’m going to be all over it though next week 😁😬

• Yes, let’s see just how much cake we can both resist this week .....& see what the scales say next Monday ..🚫🍰❌ !!

• Yay Mialouise - yes, you are right.... a pound is a pound and it all helps!

• Yay xvanillaskyx - I think I would have to treat myself to carrot cake if faced with that temptation - especially if I'd done a 5 mile walk!

Let's see you into the 14's next week.... stay away from the carrot cake :D

• Hello again,

Start weight 14st 7lb

This week 1lb loss x

Total loss 4lb x

• Congratulations on losing 1lb this week! :)

• Well done on your loss 💪👌

• Well done Mialouise that's suuuuppperrrr dooopah!

• Hi Mialouise, a great result for you.

Yippee have a great evening.

George 56 🙂

• Last weeks weight 226.4 pounds

This weeks weight 230.4 pounds

A gain of 4 pounds.

I am not pleased with the gain but considered what I ate. I am pleased with the result!!

• Not to worry, Wadestreet, today heralds the start of a brand new week, with endless possibilities! I'm sure that you'll be able to send those pesky pounds packing!! :)

• New day, new start, don't give up! Like your positive thinking x

• You know what you need to do which is the main thing, you’ve got this! Ive got my fingers crossed for you for next week 🤞 🍀

• Hopefully that will soon be gone if you can steer yourself back to being ultra strict this week and staying on plan! Do you manage to log the food you eat and keep a track of calories? It really helps. Boring, tedious - but essential in my experience Wadestreet

• Sorry to hear you had a difficult week. Still, it's done and now you can get back on track for this week! :)

Good luck!

• Hi Wadestreet the 4lb. Will just melt off.

Well done you & keep going.

George 56 🙂

• Hi Pineapple27.

My weight this week is 16st 12.6 lbs.

That is a loss of 0.6lbs. 7.4lbs in 8 weeks

Not great but still on the downward trend.

My target was 16st but maybe next week I will achieve that.

I am finding it much harder to lose weight now the dark nights are here. On lighter nights I would take my wife and myself to the parks for a walk .

So my target for next week is to lose1 1.6lbs.

Thank you for hosting.

• Well done Dalgain loosing slowly is by far the best way.

You have now lost 7lbs so deserve a new weight loss badge - but I know that a 7lb badge won't show with your week badge. Once you have graduated from the Newbie Club pop over to the What's Happening thread and ask you an updated weight badge please.

Keep on keeping on.

EDIT: It is OK Dalgain I have given you a seven pound badge after all - if you hover over your Team Monday Rocks Badge you will see it - enjoy wearing it, it looks lovely on you!

• Thank you. I am afraid I need all the encouragement I can muster. A new badge is very welcome. If there is a 14 lbs badge, hopefully I will achieve this by end of January 2018.

• Go you!

• Well done on losing 7lbs 👏👏 that is fantastic!! I know what you mean about the dark evenings, are you able to head out for a short walk at lunch times or even in the mornings? This is something I am working on too 😅

• Thank you for your encouragement. As for the dark nights my wife and I have decided to start playing indoor lawn bowls. So far it seems a great way to spend 2 hours of an evening.

• So does that mean you've lost over 7lbs since starting Dalgain ? If so, @moreless will want to shake her pom poms and award you a well earned badge!

EDIT - I see that Ceals is onto the badge....

• Thank you. An average of 1 lb per week is probably good but I have always been an impatient sod. maybe that has been my downfall in the past.

• As long as you're going down, you're going in the right direction! :) Congratulations on losing .6lbs this week!

• thank you for your support

• Hi Dalgain, a great result for you and hope that you are doing well today.

Keep up with what you are doing.

George 56

• Hi George 56

A great weight loss this week. I can only dream of losing 5 1/2 lbs in a week. If I could lose it in a month I would be happy.

I recognise some of the meds you are taking as I too am on omeprazole and amitryptaline. I find the amitryptaline makes me quite lethargic in the morning but if I didn't take it I develope terrible headaches after about 5 days.

I hope you continue on your weight loss journey and reach a weight you are happy with.

Good on you.

• Hi Pineapple 🍍, how are you doing today ☺.

I'm just off the scales and I have been out doors to the health centre for the leg treatment, dressing changed.

My weight today is. 30st. 11.1/2.lbs.

Last week I was. 31st. 3lbs.

A weight loss achieved. 5.1/2.lbs.

My goal for next week is a 2lb. Loss

My short term goal is. Get below 30.st.

Long term goal is to get to 25st.

I'm still on Antibiotics for the long term.

Sertrline is up to 200mg.

For pain relief I have naproxen. 500mg

Co-codamol 30/500mg. Amitriptyline. 10mg.

Omeprezole for the tum.

I have had a good weekend with a kids party on Saturday, I was duty driver.

Today is a nice surprise for Wee Miss as her new Star Wars carpet is fitted.

I'm going to wish you all good luck for the week ahead ☺

Kind regards George 56 🤗

• Well done George, you're back into the 30's! It's all downhill now :)

• That's the plan Moreless I notice the difference as I am not as sore.

The 29s are my wee target.

The last time that I was in the 25s, was 2005!!!!

I hope that you have had a nice weekend and enjoy your running.

You are a star ☺

George 🌹

• That is great news, George! Here's to the 25's!!!!! :)

• It seems a long way!!!!

I am going to do this and hope that helps healing the leg.

Soon as healed I will get back to the swimming.

• Cheering you on 🎉🎉🎉

• Hi George56 - that's brilliant! Hope that you can keep up this downwards trend and it's a great plan to set yourself some goals.

• Thanks Pineapple 🍍 looking forward to the next few months.

I'm going to eat healthy meals and exercise as best I can.

Thanks for hosting the group today and have a nice evening.

George 56 🙂🌹

• You’re doing so well George56. Hope you have a great week ahead 🌼

• You're on a downward trend now so just keep going! A pound or two a week will make all the difference.

• Oh George that’s a fantastic loss well done 👍🙌 It’s such a good feeling isn’t it when all your hard work pays off. I wish you just as much success for the week ahead 🍀💪

• Hello everyone

Last week I weighed 12st 5lbs

This morning I weighed 12st 5lbs

No loss!

Total loss of 1stone 13lbs since July

I know it’s still good to stay the same but I really wanted to lose that pesky 1lb to reach a 2 stone loss. I still have 2 stones plus to lose just to reach an overweight BMI. Feeling very sorry for myself because I’ve had a good week with the NHS plan etc. Tempted to comfort eat this evening but determined not to! Grrrrrr!🌼

• Don't give up and don't comfort eat - the bad feeling afterwards will last longer than the few minutes of pleasure!

Think of your loss overall and if you've had a good week, the scales will likely reward you next week!

• Thanks needwillpower. That’s just what I needed to read 😃. I’ve had a horrible day at work plus my rubbish weigh-in this morning .... I was feeling very sorry for myself 😳.It’s easy to forget about the lovely support on this forum....& to think I nearly didn’t post today! Thanks again🌼

• It’s teasing you - don’t give into it 😬 Have a nice hot bath and perhaps even a cheeky glass of wine 🤐 hehe perhaps I didn’t just write that 🤗 Be kind to yourself you deserve it ☺️

• Thanks xvanillaskyx you’ve made me laugh 😂. I’ve had the hot bath but resisted the glass of wine! I’m not giving in to self destruct mode because that’s what I’ve always done in the past🤦🏼‍♀️. Sticking with what I’ve been eating & doing these last 4 months. Thanks for your encouragement 🌼

• Last week 287.2lbs

This week 285.2lbs

This week's loss 2lbs

Overall loss 25.8lbs

Still on track to hit 280lbs by Christmas :)

• Wow needwillpower you are doing well & are so focused. You are indeed on track for your goal in 5 weeks time🎄! Have a good week 🌼

• Yes well done 👍 great going this week! 🙌 I hope you have another fantastic week next week 🍀👌

• Hello, after my first week (not counted on here) I gained 2lbs. I had good intentions to do better but sadly went in to melt down. Combination of weight gain and work.

I'm now feeling better but still worried that I give up at the first hurdle (clearly a weak point for me). I have booked a doctors appointment and have started week two today.

therefore I am not weighing myself today and will record as a stay the same.

Rachel

• Sometimes it’s best to just throw yourself into it and hit the ground running 🙂 Looking back now I always think why on earth didn’t I embark on this journey for myself ages ago!? However I am also so glad that I didn’t put it off any longer. Each week now I can move closer to my goal.

I truly hope you are able to get started on your journey and am pleased to hear you are now feeling better. Wishing you lots of luck for the week ahead and am looking forward to your post next week. 🙌👍🍀

• Aw thank you . That is extremely sweet of you. I do try to tell myself that so will keep trying. Xxx

• If anyone has tips on self destruction or not giving up then let me know. Xx

• Try starting by making small changes at first maybe reducing portion sizes or eating fruit for snacks and go from there. Have a look at the Daily Diary to see how others are planning their day with meals and exercise. :)

• Good evening, my results aren't so good this week as I've gained an inch.....

Monday 31 July = 75kg and 38" waist

Monday 23 October = 72kg and 34" waist

Monday 6 November =?? kg and 33" waist

Monday 20 November =?? kg and 34" waist.

Back to abstinence from alcohol as this is the main difference in my lifestyle over the past two weeks. Plan to eat more chopped and grated salads as they are lovely and refreshing. Aim to get to 30" waist for new year's eve. Once I reach there I shall weigh again.

Hopefully get some more riding in during December as my lovely Arab is well again and I shall be getting a saddle for the new pony so that he can start a fittening programme - we don't have grandchildren so horses get our time and money.

• Just keep going and the weight will soon start to come off again. :)

• Thank you Pineapple27 for being a great host in today's weigh in. :)

This post is now closed.

The ability to reply to this post has been turned off.

You may also like...