Weight Loss NHS
78,368 members41,920 posts

Non scale victories.. The sweet taste of success

Hello peeps. Will be stepping on the scales in a couple of days. Non scale victories this week. Having already cut down on the quantity of bread eaten, this week I swapped large slices of wholemeal bread for small slices, therefore eating even less. Having already exchanged sugar for sweetener in hot drinks at the beginning of this weight loss journey I now carry a pack around with me so I don't have to have sugar in hot drinks when I'm out. I have tried peppermint tea, coffee and regular tea without sugar or sweetener but I don't like the taste so sweetener is a good compromise.🙂

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Juan-Stone, I think your title should read 'sweet/unsweet ....; :)

You are really taking this challenge head one..... well done :)

1 like

Thanks Villageduckpond . 🙂

1 like

One step at a time gets you to your destination. :)

1 like

That is a brilliant way to cut down on those calories. All those little changes will make a good difference on the scales. Well done. :)

2 likes

Thanks YellowRose55 . Life's a marathon not a sprint. Making changes to last a lifetime the way to go 🤓

2 likes

Your way of reducing bread is similar to mine. Once upon a time I used to love white bread, a crusty white bloomer and baguettes.

I then changed to a small sliced Hovis which I keep in the freezer, I pop a slice at a time straight into the toaster. I now much prefer wholegrain bread, a little is much more satisfying and doesn't bloat me. I may have a slice with eggs for breakfast or occasionally a sandwich but its no longer a daily thing like it used to be.

2 likes

You may also like...