Weight Loss NHS

Taking the first step

I checked my BMI for the first time today. It confirmed my thinking, I am overweight! 1.1 points away from being obese. I do not know how I am going to get on with only eating 1400 calories a day, but I am going to try! Green tea may become my new best friend aha. I need to find healthy meals on a budget, as my finances are not as I would like atm. Any suggestions, advice or websites? Hopefully, in the next few weeks I will be in a better place and back to my eating out lifestyle, so any suggestion on how to be healthy on a no responsibilities, free lifestyle? Wish me luck guys!

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi and welcome, Nadinesolomon :)

1400 calories is a generic amount and not necessarily correct for you, so I advise that you enter your details into the NHS BMI calculator.

I'd like to invite you to join our Newbie Club, which we hope will be a good place for you to connect with members, who are also just starting out. If you just post a few words to introduce yourself and respond to others there, you'll soon break the ice. Here's the link

healthunlocked.com/nhsweigh...

You'll find all the information you need to navigate the forum in the header, so please take the time to read it carefully.

Wishing you all the best :)

Hello and welcome Nadinesolomon

Please double check your calorie target using the nhs BMI checker, as 1400 is a very general amount and most people lose weight eating more than that.

For recipes please see the Topics section, where all our members recipes are collated by type 😊

Best wishes

Anna

Good luck!! We are here for you!!!

Good luck!! There's loads of apples around at the moment - people with apple trees will be giving them away! So stewed apple puds, grated apple in porridge, apple and carrot salads, etc etc. I put a shout on Facebook and always end up with bagfuls, so many people have apple trees in their gardens and let the fruit go to waste.

1 like

Welcome!!!!. You can do this. Good luck on your journey and feel proud and your head high.

You may also like...