Why am I hungry?

Good evening everyone. I have been starving hungry all day and I don't know why . I have eaten some of my favourites, trying to focus on lower GI foods. I have drunk loads of water. I am spot on my target calories. But, I am still ravenous! The only things which are unusual are that work is very busy at the moment and I have a cold coming on. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be? Many thanks. James

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Are you eating plenty of natural fats, as they will be more satiating? If you've been working harder, your body may need more nourishment too.

• Hi James. More often than not i find when I am still hungry It's because I haven't had enough fluids throughout the day so I am probably more dehydrated than hungry. When I am hungry after eating I try remind myself to try a big glass of water or cup of tea first and I either forget about being hungry or if I am still hungry 15 mins later I try go for some fruit first. Saying that I always find when I am coming down with a cold I feel hungry too so I don't know if there is a reason behind that or it? Anyway I hope you feel better soon!

• What did you eat?

• B: Overnight oats with added chia seeds and 100% peanut butter with a banana.

L: Tuna, salad with lentils and homemade olive oil dressing plus an apple for lunch.

D: 2 chicken breasts, loads of vegetables and a couple of new potatoes with a little butter.

Whilst not perfect text book meals (I love new potatoes and know that there are better choices for example), this is a normal menu for me and normally I am not hungry between meals.

• May be some truth in the old saying "feed a cold, starve a fever"? Your body may be searching for something further. Your carbs don't seem too high, though 2 chicken breasts may be a little excess for protein.

I agree with moreless, some eggs, cheese, nuts, avocado, or meat fats may have the vitamins to stave-off a cold and/or allow the body to scavenge itself?

• Thanks for the prompt replies, I think I will see what tomorrow brings and if still the same I will up the natural fats a bit and see if that makes a difference. Thanks again. James

You may also like...