Weight Loss NHS
73,538 members39,364 posts

Vegetarian Chilli on Roasted Butternut Squash - 484 calories (including soured cream!)

Vegetarian Chilli on Roasted Butternut Squash - 484 calories (including soured cream!)

Tonights dinner, a vegetarian chilli made with meat alternative mince, onion, garlic, celery, tinned tomatoes, chilli flakes, cumin, cinnamon, red and yellow pepper, mushrooms. (209 calories)

Served with 250g of butternut squash roasted in a tablespoon of olive oil with a teaspoon each of cumin and cinnamon sprinkled on top. (232 calories)

1.5 tablespoons of soured cream.... (43 cals)

I've been singing at choir today, so this was my first food of the day (5pm!) We are singing the classic "Hallelujah" which is already sounding lovely.... and we also sang "Don't Stop Believin' (Journey) Didn't have time to think about food!

My lovely husband prepared this whilst I was out of the house... :D

We both agreed that we preferred it with the butternut squash to with rice (and far less calories, as well as being healthier).

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Looks very tasty. What a love of a husband you have Pineapple27 to prepare such a lovely meal.

He is lovely! And he makes sure that I stick to my healthy eating regime (him too at the moment after our Malaga sojourn!)

2 likes

Excellent! Just what we all need.

1 like

Oh that looks so good. Soaked to the skin through my mac, sitting on the bus in traffic, rain battering the windows, sky getting really dark... how beautiful would that chilli be when I get in!!!

Sour cream is so good yum

2 likes

I've "liked" but I don't like :( We had a couple of portions left. If you lived next door, I'd invite you around to enjoy some!

Pineapple, I cannot keep up with all your amazing recipes - I have copied and pasted them but need to organise myself to put them into practice!

I have sung 'Hallelujah', too, and loved it. Must get back to going to a choir even though I cannot read music.

Also, just wondering ......do you take lodgers by any chance? Only kidding but I so love your meals I would love to come and eat them with you!

1 like

I can't read music - this isn't a requirement of Rock Choir - just a love of singing is all that is needed! rockchoir.com You'll see from this video (which isn't my choir) what a great laugh we have - all very light hearted, but when needed, very professional!

1 like

Brilliant and thank you :)

You may also like...