A Big Thank You!

I was browsing through posts recently (as I do), and came across a suggestion to make soup for the weekend, which reminded me I had planned to make some when autumn arrived. So I made some with greens, water and a little hot chilli for seasoning yesterday, and still had some for breakfast today.

A lovely way of getting some nutritional carbs. Thank you for the reminder, whoever it was.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I am making soup today, ready for the week ahead - love my soups for work lunches, so filling and low calories :)

• I've had porridge (whole milk) and half a tub of mascarpone too, so I'm a bit full now.

• Hi, did you use a soup maker? I bought one at the start of my new lifestyle lads October and it was a god send. It was so easy to make lunches for work. I was sick of it by March and moved on to salads for lunch but I am going back to it this week.

• No, I just boiled in water, then retained the right amount of water for two blender beakers, along with all of the veg and spice, then just blended them.

• I don't own a blender so soup maker works well for me. Saves having separate pans to wash.

• I just had my home made soup for lunch, delicious!

• I make soup regardless of the time of year, I love homemade soup would never eat tins, packets or cartons. The only veg I don't like are carrots but I put them in my soup and then just blend it, when it is cooked, using a hand blender so I don't see or really taste the carrots. I then freeze it in portions so it is ready whenever I want it. I never ever not have soup in my freezer. Most of the soup I make is spicy using sweet potatoes or lentils with garlic, ginger and red chillies but I also make broccoli, cauliflower, courgette etc and add a wee bit stilton when heating it up. It is a great way to use up left over vegetables, quick and easy and full of all the nutrients that we need. I couldn't survive without it.

You may also like...