Need help to lose weight

Hi I am Paula. I am 49 and need to lose a lot of weight. Just joined this site today. Can't afford a slimming club so will be doing it on my own

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

11 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Hi welcome to the community!! Good luck to you on your journey.

• Need to lose 21/2 stone hope this site can help me to do it.

• Hi All, Good morning I am positive that this friendly, informative forum will help and support you on your journey

Have a good Sunday ๐Ÿ˜˜

• Morning Fatybuster

I have already given information in my reply to Paula, but thought I would respond to your post to make sure you found it directly

I'd like to invite you to join our Newbie Club, which we hope will be a good place for you to connect with members, who are also just starting out. If you just post a few words to introduce yourself and respond to others there, you'll soon break the ice. Here's the link:

healthunlocked.com/nhsweigh...

I see you have two dogs too, so walking those is certainly going to help you, and I wish you all success in moving towards your goal.

• Morning Rainbow09-- and welcome.

We are biased but think we are the best of Clubs, especially as we open every day, not just once a week. ๐Ÿ™‚

To start things off, I would like to invite you to join our Newbie Club, which we hope will be a good place for you to connect with members, who are also just starting out. If you just post a few words to introduce yourself and respond to others there, you'll soon break the ice. Here's the link:

healthunlocked.com/nhsweigh...

All the very best to you Paula.

• It feels like yesterday when I started and thought I couldn't do it. The large number was my biggest hurdle. I was genuinely afraid to start. So I got the advice to set small measurable attainable and reachable goals along the way. Good luck and welcome. This is the best support system you'll ever seen.

• Don't worry Paula

This forum is even better than a slimming club. You get all the info here and it is constantly available to you provided your battery does not die on your phone and you have access to the internet.

There is always someone there to cheer you up , cheer you on, give you tips or just chat

Make your plan as to how you are going to do it. Download my fitness pal or similar to count calories and be your food diary. Make sure you walk 10000 steps a day for free and climb any stairs you see for free , clear out the rubbish food from home and get started.

You'll do it with this forum and you can support and help others too

All for free Yipee๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿค™

• Hi Paula,

Yes, this forum is great free support. Plus walking is a great free exercise. Don't panic, there was a typo in the previous post; I think that 10,000 steps is a good start for the daily target.... 100,000 is very ambitious!

Cheers and good luck!

Sarah

• Good luck rainbow09

Massive support on this forum.

And it's priceless.

Good luck

Gary

• There many sites on the web you can join to help you out. I follow this one and MyFitnessPal to journal my food weight, with other things so far110 lbs off for me in a year half. I think it's the person why they want to lose and how I don't diet I eat healthy and make choices. I stay in calories I need and carbs I'm a diabetic. Diets are people who needs to lose a few lbs. I need to learn how to change for life. To stay healthy. I put in the work to be there. Are you ready to work hard to lose and keep it off. I learn to cook different so I don't get bored eating the same thing. Change stuff I use to eat into healthy dish measurements to get the right servings. It's for life job. MyFitnessPal has a free site. There others the same like thing if you look for it. For free. It's how much you put in healthy eating is how much weight and for how long it keeps off. Yes there are times I want to give up. Or being lazy. But I prepared for those time. I still have 90 lbs to go. From my highest weight I have lost160 lbs. it was hard work no pills or drinks or surgery for me. Just hard work.

• Hello Paula,

I've just rejoined the group, it's very friendly and will give you better support that a slimming club.

Good luck with your first week. My tip is to take time to plan your meals and snacks. I have just spent time cooking and freezing our favourite meals and added the calories to the bags. I'm going to do this over the next few weeks so I have healthy calorie counted meals ready for us.

I work 10 hour days and feel so tired when I get home, I grab food while I am cooking and spoil my best laid plans. I hope this will help.

You may also like...