Hi, am new and looking for support

Hi, thought I would introduce myself and gain some advice! I'm a 37 year old single mum of 2 who is fed up of trying every single 'diet' under the sun (blimey, this sounds like the worst dating profile ever!) I managed to lose 6 stone 6 years ago (mainly down to stress, father terminally ill and marriage breaking down) but over the past 5 years I have become complacent (in a new happy relationship) and have gained about 4 of the stone I lost. I don't want to go down the faddy diet again, it's not a positive role model for my 10 yr old daughter. If anyone can give me hints and tips, I would be really grateful, hope I haven't bored everyone and if you have read all of this, thank you!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi and welcome, msksandling :)

Well done you for recognising that 'diets' aren't the way to go, but that a sustainable healthy lifestyle is what we should be aiming for.

I'd like to invite you to join our Newbie Club, which we hope will be a good place for you to connect with members, who are also just starting out. If you just post a few words to introduce yourself and respond to others there, you'll soon break the ice. Here's the link

healthunlocked.com/nhsweigh...

Wishing you all the best :)

• Thank you, I know it is going to be a long slog, but I have a goal of a family wedding in the south of France next August that has made me determined 💪

• Welcome msksandling.

Just thought I'd add that I've lost weight by eating mostly what I want but by reducing portion sizes and doing that within a calorie counting framework.

Best of luck!

• Thank you, I can be good during the day, it's just in the evenings when the kids are in bed that I struggle 😭

• Take your time to go through everything that moreless has pointed you towards (especially (imo) the NHS 12 week plan, which will take time to read in itself).

There are a myriad of ways and techniques that can help you get through those post kid moments. It's a case of finding what works for you.

One of the biggest helps for me (and I know, for others) is to get involved in reading the posts here and replying as well.

• Have you thought about intermittent fasting to help reset your metabolism it's working for me 😜

• Hi and welcome. You can do it for you and for your young child. Join us in our success.

• Hi and welcome msksandling :)

You will receive lots of advice and great support here and are never on your own, as we are all going through the same journey.

Wishing you all the best, you can do this :)

• Hi mksandling nice to meet you,

I don't consider myself to be on a diet, I'm eating healthily. Portion control is my biggest problem, but I also have learned what I simply can't eat, e.g. biscuits, I just can't eat just one or two; when I start I can't stop and before I realise I've eaten a whole packet. Strange thing is I can see them in the cupboard or others eating them and I'm not tempted but just as soon as I eat one I'm out if control.

Best wishes to you I'm sure you'll soon get into the healthy eating regime.

• Hi and a big welcome to you. You'll get great support here and encouragement.

You've gained a lot of experience to from losing weight in the past so you've tips to share too!! So don't be shy. .. looking forward to seeing your posts 😊

You may also like...