Weight Loss NHS

Shopping

Hi everyone.,

Just arrived from my first trip to the supermarket since I decided to be healthy. And I'm feeling very proud with my shopping: so many vegetables and fruit almost seemed I was trying to buy a rainbow... And i didn't feel the slight interest when going through the pizza, pastry or the crisps areas.

I do have to admit I avoided the chocolate or ice cream aisles. Not sure I would resist :/

Does the desire go away some day or you guys just learn to live with it? :)

By the way, in the 12 w plan mentions using low fat hummus. Besides dipping vegetables in it, what do you use it for?

Best wishes to everyone

7 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done, Change, that's brilliant! A shopping trolley of rainbow coloured, healthy food definitely looks nicer than the brown hues of junk food!

Our tastes change over time, which certainly makes those foods a lot less appealing, although some things will always be our achilles heel and I choose to avoid them completely, for that reason.

I'm afraid I'm not a lover of hummus and I don't eat low fat anything. I'd rather eat the vegetables with my meals :)

Keep up the great work! :)

2 likes

I mix grated carrots with hummus and use it as a filling in a pitta as an alternative to a sandwich.

I have to avoid the crisp aisle since though occasionally I can go through it without giving in but usually I would give in- so I avoid it. My crisp intake has reduced and though I occasionally have crisps as part of my allowance but I cannot buy them too early since they are unlikely to last until the allocated day that I am supposed to have them!

3 likes

Good for you buying all the healthy options!!!

My taste buds have totally changed since being with this forum. I still have chocolate now and again, as that was my biggest downfall, but i include it within my calories now. As for hummus i have never been a fan of.

Don't like it. It's just weird.

I quite like to spread Hummus on a Sesame Ryvita instead of a sandwich. Does that help? Just for variety 😉

2 likes

I make Low fat hummus with courgette 😎 It's lovely 🙂

You can spread it on your sarni instead of low fat spread

Always have a colourful meal,🙂

Beware of beige! 🙂

If you are serious about losing weight and getting healthy then you have to be prepared to change. Once you accept that you can crack on 🙂

You may also like...