THE CANCER-FIGHTING GARLIC- LEMON SOUP | YOUR HEALTH TIP

THE  CANCER-FIGHTING  GARLIC- LEMON  SOUP | YOUR HEALTH TIP

Many researchers have shown that garlic has a magical touch in fighting cancer, especially the colon cancer. Cancer is a deadly disease and it has been found that simple foods can assist killing the cancer cells. Naturopathy or Ayurvedic philosophers have been treating many types of cancer through garlic juice. Garlic is proven to eradicate brain cancer cells without affecting the normal cells with minimal side-effects. Garlic along with broccoli and onions can act as the powerhouse in killing the cancer cells. Today's recipe is a combination of roasted garlic and lemon and is a healthy and fresh-tasting finish.To boost the nutrition add quinoa into the soup and enhance the overall goodness. Allicin in garlic also aids in reducing cholesterol content in the body and overall is a boon to the mankind.

What goes into making this recipe?

1) 1 full head of garlic.

2)2 tsp of olive oil.

3)2 cups of onion.

4)1/2 tsp of finely chopped thyme.

5)20 cloves of garlic peeled.

6)4 cups of chicken/vegetable stock.

7)4 tsp of lemon juice.

8)1/2 cup of soya milk(no flavor added).

9)white pepper powder (to preserve the white color).

10)Sprigs of Freshly chopped Parsley.

11)Lemon zest 2 tsp.

How to prepare the recipe?

1)Place the entire garlic head in the oven sprinkled with olive oil and wrap in the foil. Let the garlic roast completely for about 1 hour. Remove the cloves from the skin and discard the skin.

2)Heat the pan, by adding 2 tsp of olive oil . Then add onions, parsley, thyme and cook until the onions become translucent and soften.

3)Now add the roasted garlic cloves to the onions along with chicken/vegetable stock, lemon juice and turn down the heat. At this stage, the garlic should turn tender.

4)Transfer the mixture to the blender after it's cool. Make a smooth puree and transfer back to the saucepan.

5)Now to the puree, add the soya milk and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes and bring it out from the saucepan. Garnish with salt, pepper freshly chopped lemon zest and Parsley.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi asharmaanji

Welcome to the weight loss forum.

Thank you for sharing this recipe and one I will try.

Take a look at the Welcome Newbie post in the Pinned post section at the right hand side or at the bottom if your on a mobile. Have a look at the nhs 12 week plan, many members have had success following this plan. Use the BMI checker to work out your daily calorie allowance.

Have a look at the Daily Diary which you can find on the Home page in Events. It is where all the members are sharing their daily plans on what they are eating and any exercise they are doing. This thread will give you some ideas on how to start.

Below the Pinned posts are the Topics where members share a range of weight related subjects.

Take your measurements at the start together with a photo so you can see the changes on the days the scales don't move.

We have daily weigh ins so why not come along and join us today. You can find the weigh ins on the Home page in the Events section on the right. Just click on the post in Events and record your start weight and any loss/gain or maintain for the week.

To get the most of the forum be active, share tips, recipes and experiences. Read some of the posts they are very motivating.

Have a good first week.

Rose

• Looks lovely but I hate garlic😡 Love onions though so maybe it could be done using onions instead. My grandmother always had boiled onions with all her main meals and lived till she was 96 with hardly a ill day in her life so there must be something in the onion/garlic consumption theory.😊👍

• Sound lovely and i really look forward to trying it but i would maybe be careful as to specifics on cancer. I have garlic every day, dont eat a lot of processed food at all and other than my weight have no other health issues other than very mild proctitis. Actually had a full bloodwork done about 8 weeks ago and clean bill of health. I have just had precancerous cells removed from my colon. I am only 33. I am now at a much greater risk of developing colorectal cancer. There is NO cancer history in my family.

Good luck on your weight loss

• Ooh this sounds delicious, thank you for sharing :)

You may also like...