Snacking!

Hi, I'm new here so it's all confusing atm, basically I need to lose 4 stone but my big struggle is I don't exercise (have bad anxiety) and I snack on ALOT of chocolate! Any healthy alternatives? Or anybody managed to quit chocolate? x

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

21 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Welcome. I can relate. I have bad anxiety and I'm on meds that make me fat. I quit chocolate but can't stop drinking cokes. Good luck and welcome.

• I'm also on meds, hoping it doesn't hinder weightless!

I drink diet coke, is that as bad as full fat coke?

Thank you 😊

• I think there better on sugar and calories but of course water is so much better. I'm getting better with that.

• I've started drinking some water and limiting diet coke to 2 cans max per day, I feel drinking it helps me stop craving chocolate so much

• i think i remember watching something that said depending on how much you drink diet is just as bad for weightloss. I think it was Secret Eaters. suppose everything in moderation

• Surely it's got to be better than drinking full fat? (Not that it matters as don't like full fat coke)

• something to do with the way it reacts with the body to store fat i think but you have to drink a lot. Like a few cans or 2l+ it was a while ago. I dont like diet so its just pure sugar for me not that we drink a lot.

• Ah ok, I'm limiting it to a max of 2 cans per day anyway and trying to drink more water

• I think that is fine. I need to try cut sugar in tea which i can do but just prefer the sweet taste. Not a fan of water myself unless it is bottled but that can be pretty expensive. do you think weak squash would be and ok substitute as well a an infusion bottle.

• Gotta be better than full sugar drinks!

• Hi Liz1990

Welcome to the weight loss froum.

I don't have chocolate as it was never what I craved, mine was savoury snack. Why not start by cutting it down to a once a week treat but a small bar then slowly stop having it.

Take a look at the Welcome Newbie post in the Pinned post section at the right hand side or at the bottom if your on a mobile. Have a look at the nhs 12 week plan, many members have had success following this plan. Use the BMI checker to work out your daily calorie allowance.

Have a look at the Daily Diary which you can find on the Home page in Events. It is where all the members are sharing their daily plans on what they are eating and any exercise they are doing. This thread will give you some ideas on how to start.

Below the Pinned posts are the Topics where members share a range of weight related subjects.

Take your measurements at the start together with a photo so you can see the changes on the days the scales don't move.

We have daily weigh ins so why not come along and join us today. You can find the weigh ins on the Home page in the Events section on the right. Just click on the post in Events and record your start weight and any loss/gain or maintain for the week.

To get the most of the forum be active, share tips, recipes and experiences. Read some of the posts they are very motivating.

Have a good first week.

Rose

• I've literally been eating so much chocolate every evening that I've gained 1 stone in a month! So I suppose cutting down slowly will be better than carrying on that way!

Thank u, will have a look at everything, just trying to get to grips with this lol

• Just joined myself as we speak and I have a bid problem with chocolate as well😟

• So hard isn't it! I need to find alternatives, and fruit just doesn't cut it!

• I've just joined today! I'm suffering with post natal anxiety myself and it's so hard to get out isn't it? I know excersise is important just can't bring myself to do it!! I'm a total sugar addict, I'm thinking of going cold turkey, no sugar at all!

• Yep that's exactly how it is.

I've tried going cold turkey n find I have a huge binge after a few days! 😞

• I'm sat eating crunchy nut corn flakes for a sugar fix so not going well!!

• Is there a way to make a group or make a challenge, can't see on my phone! We could make a no sugar support group!

• I don't have a clue still trying to figure all this out haha

• Ok so today I failed miserably 😞

• Best way I have found to stop eating chocolate is to have a mug of Options Hot Chocolate 40 calories a mug, comes in different flavours, I love the mint one and it curbs my chocolate craving very well.

You may also like...