Weight Loss NHS
75,499 members • 40,378 posts

Going up......😱

Hubby is 70 on Sun. In this house ,birthdays go on for days...... .Just started with a relatively low key,old habit barbecue for us.Sit tight -you'll be horrified .A few lamb cutlets (I had the smallest) ,a slice of duck breast ( no skin ,probably about 4ozs cooked weight) ,one Aldi Guinness sausage ( to die for !) and a small, low fat turkey patty. Oh -and a Med quinoa salad with fresh roasted veg and 2ozs of crumbled feta.

All in all -a MASSIVE cheat .

I feel like I have eaten at least a whole small sheep.

Meat protein at this level is a real shock after being largely veggie for a long time .

Delicious of course -but don't think I could do an Atkins any time soon.

Maybe my eating habits are slowly changing at last?

Chinese Dim Sum and cocktails tomorrow .Sigh .

Pulled pork on Sat & Spanish tapas on Sunday.

Not a cat in hell's chance of surviving unscathed .... but the test is getting back on the wagon.

Wish me luck !

9 Replies
oldest • newest

Hi Cymrawes

The most important thing, I think, is that you enjoy your family celebration.🎂🎉

With a 3 stone badge next to your name you must be doing g something right and able to get back on track when needed. I don't think you need luck, you've got it sussed.

Enjoy 😁

PS--glad you mentioned the Aldi sausage, I was looking and wondering earlier this week

1 like

Not sure this is the place to celebrate a sausage Janecad ! 😱😱😱😱 Even the duckbreast slices were Aldi -and lovely .Built-in portion control too ! Lol!

2 likes

You have a wonderful time celebrating hubby's 70th and wish him a very happy birthday.

Your BBQ sounds yummy and I now want a Guinness sausage! lol

You can climb back on the wagon after the celebrations.

Have fun!!

1 like

Will need help with that........ and you'll give it, I know .

1 like

Enjoy this celebration of your husbands big day. 70 is worth celebrating and Im quite sure you'll get back on track. Life is for living to quote a cliche so enjoy.🎊🎉🎂

1 like

Only if you promise to knock me back on the straight and narrow afterwards ! I have all my life's ' celebrating' on my butt! Haha ! Far too good at it ! Seriously -thank you .

Sounds like a great way to party and going into this with your eyes open probably means you will get back on the wagon pretty quickly.

Have a great celebration, your food sounds fabulous.

1 like

Good luck Cymrawes, I know you can do it.

1 like

You have a nice time and celebrate that milestone. We'll be here when you get done.

1 like

You may also like...