Feelgood Friday Weigh-in 7th July 2017

Feelgood Friday Weigh-in 7th July 2017

Hello everybody! How was your week? Have we all been able to enjoy some sunshine? I find it really lifts the spirits but up here in the North of Scotland we never get the really hot weather some of you get further south.

So please tell us your weight today, and what you have lost/gained or maintained. If the scales aren't playing fair think of all the Non Scale Victories like inch loss, clothes fitting better, and increasing fitness ๐Ÿ˜Š

If you are new to the Daily Weigh-ins please weigh yourself at home and then write in the reply box below.

Please remember this is a self help forum, so we ask everyone to respond to at least one other person before them on the weigh in, that way everyone receives support. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Last weeks stats

Friday 30th June 2017

Total number weighing in - 22

Total number of replies - 185

Average number of replies - 8.40

Total amount of weight lost - 15.04lbs / 6.82kgs

Total amount of weight gained - 10.04lbs / 4.55kgs

Total number who maintained - 3

Newbies/Restarts - 1

Average weight lost - 0.23lbs / 0.10kgs

Onwards and downwards ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜”

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

287 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Morning Anna, thanks for hosting the weigh in. Had a bit of a yo-yo week this time, weighed in at 303.4 last week, got down to 302 on Monday but then my eating plans got thrown out the window due to a very busy few days at work. The high temperatures didn't help my appetite either, it was 51 degrees C here on Wednesday! Result was overeating in the evening and pushing the weight back up to 304. Thought I had blown the week but tried hard the last couple of days and this morning the score on the door is 303 lb. A small loss from last week of 0.4 lb.

Could have been better but hey, this is real life!

Good luck to everyone today and hope you have a great weekend.

• Morning Stevo5585 A loss is a loss and 0.4 lbs lost week after week would add up to a respectable total. And you achieved that despite busy days and it being a tad warm ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Great going.

• Well done on your loss Stevo5585 โ˜บ especially given the busy week and warm weather!!

• Well done Steve, any loss is great no matter how small and well done got dragging it back through the week

• It does certainly happen Stevo5585. In that heat I'd melt. Good luck for the week ahead.

• That's great news Stevo5585 ๐Ÿ˜Š Any loss under those circumstances is to be applauded ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ don't forget the heat will play havoc with your actual weight but you will still be losing fat

• That's great Steve! You realised and pulled it back. That's what it's all about.

• Stevo5585 ...a bigger loss than mine lol. Well done for pulling it back and getting that loss!

• Great pull back Stevo and great insight into your tricky times. Keep the faith!!!

• well done for pulling your week back when it could have been so easy to give up. A loss is still a loss no matter how small

• Good effort Stevo5585. That intense heat can't be easy and those big dinners every night would destroy me!

• Good morning Anna61 still no change for me.8st 7lb again. I think I may skip the weigh in for a few weeks and come back to it in August. I am going to try and eat more for a little while and then cut down again and see if that helps lose the last few pounds.

Good morning Stevo5585 and well done on your loss.

• Morning Weighless, well done for staying the same rather than gaining though, even if havent seen the loss you were looking for this week im sure youll get there.

• A maintain is good. Do you have much left to lose as that might explain why it is stubborn.

Take care

• Well done on maintaining. Sometimes the body needs a bit of a kick start. Take care look forward to hearing how you get on in a few weeks time. Enjoy July

• We will miss you Weighless but think your plan is a good one!

• Sounds like you know what you need to do and I am sure you will manage it .

• Hi weighless you've already lost 2stone so well done you!! You know what to do and your current weight sounds very reasonable. An emphasis on healthy eating, enjoying your summer weather and getting out and about might be a perfect antidoteto your plateau

Best wishes

• Thanks everyone for your kind words and support for my plan to kick start my weight loss. I am well within my healthy BMI range but would just like to lose a little more weight.

• well done on the maintain, hope your plan works out for you

• It's always going to slow down at this point Weighless, stick in there!

• Morning Weighless Your consistency is admirable, even if it is not where you want to be. Have you checked to see if the tape measure tells a different story?

I will miss seeing you here, and you are welcome to pop by to support us until August. Sounds as if you have a plan. Hope it works out for you.

• Thanks for hosting Anna61!

Here goes...

i confess the last time i weighed in on here was 17th February and back then i weighed 74.3kg. My weight has been up and down over the last five months (oops) since, but last week it was 76.5 and now 75.5kg..

I'm back to feeling committed to getting healthier and I need to remember that even if I occasionally gain from week to week I still need to post here about it and not just bury my head in the sand when things dont go well.

Aims for this week:

Food: meal planning from Sunday.

Exercise: 2 x runs, 1 long walk

Other: get outdoors (off camping this weekend) & go to bed bit earlier.

Looking forward to being back on here with you all.

• Great to have you back and well done for getting the bit between your teeth again.

Loss from last week is good and great plans going forward.

• Thanks Ceals its good to be back!

• A very warm welcome back sneezingpanda and I am biased enough to say you've chosen a fabulous group of people to join. Your plans sound excellent, and losing 1kg this week is a great start. See you again soon. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Well done sneezingpanda 1kg loss is great.

• Welcome back sneezingpanda and well done on showing a loss on your first week ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Thanks MissisB Anna61 SukiV much appreciated!!

• Hello sneezingpanda and well done for the weight loss and new found motivation. You may not be aware but since you last posted in Feb we now have a Daily Diary thread on the site which may help with your daily meal planning. Even if you don't post on it you can check it out for good ideas. Best wishes EJ

• well done on picking yourself up and getting back to it.

• Sounds like a solid plan sneezingpanda. I really believe you need to be in the zone before it clicks and the weight starts coming off, so keeping accountable is good when you're not exactly in the zone!!

• Hi @Anna61

I have swapped from a Monday weight in.

Today I weighed 74.7 Kg which is a loss on 0.2 kg since Monday.

My start weight was 77.9 kg 3 weeks ago.

Last year I lost 5kg with the help of this forum but sadly I lost focus and put it back on.

So this time I hope to lose again & then maintain.

Onwards & downwards ๐Ÿ˜€

• Welcome to Friday, you will love it we are very friendly.

That is a big loss since Monday and a super since your starting weight.

Rey well done

• Thank you so much. Last Thursday & Friday I totally fell of the wagon so I am grateful for any loss this week . But I have stayed within my allowance so hopefully I will carry on losing . I hope to lose even more that last time but more importantly keep it off ๐Ÿ˜€

• That is so the key, sustained weight loss for life!

• So true ๐Ÿ˜€

• Welcome and well done. Its still a loss your weight loss journey is working so keep it up.

• Thank you so much , you all seem a very friendly bunch ๐Ÿ˜€

• We are a friendly bunch henderslh and it is always good to have a new addition to our ranks. Well done on your loss to date. Keep it up and you will soon have a shiny new badge to polish. Best wishes EJ

• Thank you

• Welcome to the Friday weigh-in henderslh ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Thanks Anna ๐Ÿ˜€ Next Friday will be a full week so hopefully I can match this weeks loss ๐Ÿ˜œ

• Wahoo. You have earned your 5kg badge henderslh Great achievement on top of you 200g loss since Monday.

You are very welcome here, and I hope we will encourage each other to keep on being losers.

Anna61 do have a good stash of badges ready polished?

• Thank you ๐Ÿ˜€

• Beautiful badge henderslh :)

• Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Welcome henderslh ...well done on your loss...having managed it once you know you can do it...good luck!

• Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š I just need to keep it off this time

• well done

• Thank you

• That's a good solid loss henderslh. I'm sure you will make your goal this time.

• Thanks , I'm trying hard

• Good morning Anna, your poster is correct, I am just a litt bit closer today.

This week half a pound off and I am very, very pleased. I am a very slow burner!

So this morning I am 13 5.75, last week 13 6.25. My aim is a half pound per week but I don't always make it.

Cheering everyone on.

Have a good day.

• Well done ๐Ÿ˜€

• So pleased as I wasn't sure it was going to happen, but hey it did!

A loss always makes a good start to the weekend.

• Exactly

• Yeah another loss. Well done.

• Thank you, very pleased.

• That's ANOTHER half pound Ceals ๐Ÿ˜Š Slowly slowly we will get there ๐Ÿ˜Š I am even slower at about 1/4 lb each week but the numbers are going in the right direction.

• Absolutely agree Anna, and who wouldn't want to move on here and mix with all you lovely people and get support as well. Thanks for all you and the rest of the admin team do.

• Great result Ceals! Slow burning can be frustrating, but it is likely to be more successful long term.

• That is exactly what I keep telling myself, thanks wakywoo

• Well done Ceals for recording a loss this week. You are a very determined lady and are admirably sticking with your weight loss journey although at times the scales are stubbornly immovable!

Hope you have a good week and I am cheering you on too ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• Thanks Fjb6 sticking with it is the best thing I can do, and it is so lovely to be part of the forum.

• Morning Ceals I think a half pound loss is just fabulous. I am finding that other things seem to be happening to my physique apart from what is showing on the scales anyway, and slow is always good I think.

• Fully agree, my non-scale successes are great - I also think the rowing must be helping, I know it doesn't burn massive amounts of calories but it is certainly good for me.

Really happy with half a pound as I always lose weight very slowly. I just need to keep thinking positive, the mindset of lifestyle!

• Rowing is great for your core!

• Yes so I have read - and could certainly do with that. Really quite enjoying it - I just have to get the habit thing cracked!

• Well done Ceals ...I think I need some of your patience!

• I just have to accept it but I do know I am eating myself healthy and that is so important for me.

Good luck with your journey.

• Well done on the loss :)

• Thanks Lauren, doesn't often happen for me.

• well done :)

• Many thanks Beth

• That's great to hear Ceals being a fellow slow loser! Slowly, slowly catchee monkey - or so I hear anyway...

• Yep! It is just the way it is!

• Well done Ceals and henderslh both for your losses this week! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Thank you ๐Ÿ˜€

• Many thanks, well pleased.

• Thank you for hosting Anna61. Love the poster it's so true.

๐Ÿ˜ณ for me I've maintained again. This is a good few weeks on the trot now. I upped my exercise this week so was hoping I'd lost 1lb. But sadly not!

Starting weight 11st 7

Weight last week 10st 8

Weight this week 10st 8

I'm now off for a long girlie weekend and I know it's going to get messy. Going to need all your support to motivate me to keep going whilst away and stay away from the good food and drinks. Wish me luck I'm going to need it

• Good luck SukiV ! Have a fabulous weekend. Sometimes a few days of eating differently can kick start a loss so fingers crossed ๐Ÿ˜Š The main thing is to have a great time

• Thank you I'm sure I will

• Well done for maintaining SukiV and for the extra exercise this week - hope you have a fun weekend away and wishing you luck!

• Thank you

• Its not all about what the scales say SukiV, sometimes small things like clothes feeling looser means our shape is reducing even if the pounds aren't shifting. You are so close to your 1 stone badge and you are doing really well to remain focused on the challenge at hand.

I recommend you have a great weekend with your friends and don't worry too much about the diet. Enjoy yourself (without going too mad) and deal with any damage to the scales when you get back.

• You're right Fjb6. My clothes definitely feel loose. I think when I get back I will buy a tape measure I've always thought about measuring my body as well as weighing.

• Have a lovely time ๐Ÿ˜€

• Thank you

• Have a fabulous time away sensible when you can and don't feel guilty if you can't. We, and your weightless journey, will be here waiting for you upon your return.

Maintain is so much better than a gain.

• Thank you that's so nice. Great motivation to keep my focussed

• Well done SukiV on maintaining...I know it can be frustrating but it is so much better than a gain! As Anna61 writes sometime a change in eating can shake the body up and I doubt you will go completely off your eating habits that helped you lose nearly a stone. Enjoy the occasion๐Ÿ˜€

• Absolutely I've definitely developed some habits which I will continue where I can. It is only 4 days after all lol

• You need an Anna whoooooooosh that's for sure. Keep on reminding yourself though that you have not put any weight on at all, and that is brilliant.

Of course we will support you this weekend, and whatever happens after - pop into the daily chat thread if you need, I usually have a look there, and we will be here again next Friday to cheer you on. I find the two things that help me when I am away are to plan ahead when I can - if I know what the menu is in advance, I choose when I am feeling strong, and then stick with that when the time comes, and, if I have extras at some point, I draw a line under that snack, meal, drink or whatever, and plan to choose better at the next meal. Apart from that, it is one weekend, and in the scheme of things, a few treats will not be the end of your achievements. :)

• So very true MissisB. I will check out the diary thread. Don't think I've read them before. I will still track my food as best I can.

• have a great weekend and well done on maintaining

• Thank you Beth_19.

• Enjoy your weekend SukiV, hope it doesn't get too messy, but I look forward to hearing about the lovely food and drink you enjoyed!

• Thank you. If I can survive the wonder food in Italy for 12 days and not put on weight I'm sure I can survive a few days with some crazy people lol

• Hahaha! Alcohol does terrible things to a person's willpower though!!

• Good morning Anna

I have had a bit of an up and down week so am not surprised that the scales show a gain of 1 1/4lbs today on my 11 6 1/2 last week.

Things like canapรฉs are difficult to assess. They look so tiny but are calorie packed. I only did one lunch time walk too as I had work things to do instead.

I have been affected by my Fitbit dying last week ๐Ÿ˜ฉ. It has been an extension of me for years! My new all singing all dancing one hasn't arrived yet. It is odd but normally if my husband suggested an evening walk, I would always agree, but this week I haven't been so interested (plus tired this week). I know it sounds silly but that little tracking device does motivate me to move. I can't wait to have it back!

Right, no more excuses! A new week is starting!

Good luck on the scales everyone.

• Hope the new fitbit arrives soon. I would be very interested in the difference between old and new, keep thinking about getting one but there are so many variations it seems like a minefield.

It isn't a huge gain and you know where it has come from, somethings there things are like buses, they all gang up on us at once.

Have a good week.

• You do not seem disconcerted by your gain, and you seem to know why things went wrong. I do know what you mean about canapรฉs and things like that. When we were on holiday, I tried to keep up with my calorie counting - but everything was so much guesswork - how much cheese was in something, how many eggs, had they fried, used high calorie ingredients in the soup, or none at all. I found it very tough going.

Hopefully your singing and dancing Fitbit will arrive soon, and you will be jiving along the footpaths of an evening again. Here's to the new week. :)

• I think in that situation, all you can do is guess a bit and hope for the best!

• Good morning wakywoo, some weeks just don't go to plan do they? Try to not let it de-rail you though. You know where you went wrong at least so you should be able to take action to put it right.

If your new Fitbit arrives soon that will provide lots of motivation as you will want to get out and 'test drive' it. What model have you chosen? I am looking to update my Jawbone UP but not sure what to get.

Best wishes EJ

• My 'one' died and fitbit were great about it even though it was beyond warranty. They offered a free replacement, but I decided to take 50% off one that records heart rate too. I have gone for the surge which is a watch type.

• Thanks for that, will check it out. EJ

• Let me know how you get on with that model, as I have been eyeing it up for when my Charge dies (hopefully not for a while)!

• Best thing to do is put it behind you :)

I agree it is really hard to figure out calories if you don't cook it yourself. I went out for dinner this week for date night and I knew I had a lot of calories but not a clue how many! Probably why I stayed the same this week!

• good for you getting back on track

• Oh, I know how you feel wakywoo! Mine feels like a part of me now. I thought it had gone a bit glitchy earlier in the week and I was gutted! And don't get me started on canapes!!

I hope it arrives soon and you can get that lb off quickly!

• Thanks - that 7 lbs is calling me!

• It's here all ready wakywoo

• Good morning everybody ๐Ÿ˜Š The scales are being good to me this week after last weeks blip. The gain was gone the very next day, so annoying!!! ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก Anyway . . .

Anna61. 67.4 kg (-500g). (But not a real 500g loss, more accurately 300g over two weeks ๐Ÿ˜Š)

• That's fab Anna. You are so right! The scales can show a better result one day later just after weigh in ๐Ÿ˜ค

• Well done Anna61 for your 500g loss this week. Last week's blip was small and you've managed to overturn it and then loose a little bit more. Have a good week.

• It is in the right direction Anna, however you count it.

Well done!

• A loss is a loss Anna61 ....well done...onwards and downwards ๐Ÿ‘

• Hi Anna61 and good morning to you. A loss is still a loss and not to be sniffed at. That's about 1lb right? Well I for one think that's great. Keep doing what you are doing as it is definitely working, albeit slowly. Small losses are more likely to be sustainable anyway ๐Ÿ‘ Best wishes EJ

• Of course it is a real 500g loss, otherwise you wouldn't have had to declare a gain last week Anna61 And "no", you may not move to Saturday. :D

Great result and it just shows that keeping going does keep the scales moving downwards. :)

• Thank you all ๐Ÿ˜Š And no way am I moving to Saturday MissisB !!! I am a Friday girl through and through ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

• well done

• That's a great loss either way Anna61!

• Good morning. A gain of 1lb this week. Was 16.7 last week now 16.8. I did lose 11lb last week (first week) and on advice from the lovely people on here I did up my calories from 1400 to 1700 to be more inline with the Bmi Calculator. I'm not to disheartened as I know losing a lot last week it would be nothing or a small gain this week so will continue with 1700 this week and see what happens. I also started C25K this week and have done 2 days, was too hot to go out yesterday as it was 31 degrees. Will go out again at the weekend. Happy sunny Friday everyone ๐Ÿ˜Š

• You sound as if your head is in the right place Pitchford26 and 10lbs in 2 weeks is a cracking result!

• Well done for being realistic, that was a huge loss last week.

Well done for starting C25K, I keep thinking ...!

• Do it ceals. The first 1 was tough, very tough but the 2nd day was a little easier when I slowed down. Was looking forward to yesterday but it was just too hot for me to go out. If I can do it so can you ๐Ÿ™‚

• You are definitely encouraging me. Might be a couple of weeks before I have the time to take on something new. Don't want to wreck the rowing I have just started!

• Well done on being so pragmatic Pitchford26 ๐Ÿ˜Š 10lbs over 2 weeks is still enviable!

Enjoy the c25k, many people enjoy it ๐Ÿ˜Š Have you seen the Tortoise and The Hare threads? Well worth reading ๐Ÿ˜Š

We also have two other fitness challenges running, one is distance based and the other is a timed one, both are in the pinned posts ๐Ÿ˜Š

• That is such a positive read Pitchford26 So pleased you have increased your calories and accepted the resulting 1lb gain. Fantastic news that you have started the C25K too, and are committed to that too. The scales will be moving downwards again soon I am sure.

• Wow Pitchford26 a loss of 10lbs over 2 weeks is amazing. You must be very pleased. Don't get disheartened if you don't have huge losses every week. The recommended loss is 1-2lbs so anything within that ballpark is great and likely to be sustainable. EJ

• great attitude, keep going

• Pitchford26 11lbs in one week? That's incredible. Your weight will even out a bit and then you should start losing again. Good luck with the C25K - I'm stalled on Week 6 at the moment and not finding the time to get out - but hopefully tomorrow morning!

• Good morning to one and all. I am weighing in at 12st 13lb. This makes a loss of 4lbs, which I am thrilled with. The week set off with a giant Indian meal last Friday and a giant lunch on Saturday both to celebrate birthdays, then I decided to get some control and reign it in a bit. I have been howevering around 13st for a month now and getting really fed up of it, so I have made a determined effort to get in to the 12s. What I must do now is get lower down the 12s to break the cycle of being on the borderline. I have been upping the excercise and doing meditation.

This weekend I am on an mudra course, and then doing some teaching, so I am not going anywhere where I will be tempted to eat piles of food. That's the plan anyway! We will see next week. Have a good week.

• Wow Kath---- thats a fabulous loss for the week!! Just shows that a couple of days enjoying celebrating with meals out doesn't mean the week needs to be written off when trying to loose weight.

Hope you have a good weekend (not sure what mudras is), and Im sure you will not be revisiting the 13s anytime soon.

• Fabulous loss! Well done for reigning in your week after such celebrations. Hope the week goes well and you smash those 12s

• Well done on a fabulous loss Kath---- you must be really pleased. Your plan seems to be working. Best wishes EJ

• Fantastic Kath---- ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ˜Š. Into the 12s!! Very well done ๐Ÿ˜Š

For the stats, can you confirm your starting weight and total amount lost? You may be due for an updated badge ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Go you Kath---- Into the 12s and have totally reversed last weeks gain - fabulous news. I love your positive attitude to having had large meals and then being determined to bring things back on track - the results show your hard work.

Have a wonderful weekend, and see you next week.

• well done

• Oh, really well done Kath----! 4lbs is a big, big loss. Forgive my ignorance, but what is a mundra course?

• Hello. It's a shape that you make with your hands while you meditate

• Ahhh! Every day is a school day.

• Well done on the 4lb loss. It's always good to get down to the next stone. Have a good week and here's to another good loss next week.

• Morning everyone!

This morning I weighed exactly the same as last week (199.2lb). A loss would have been nice, but we've had visitors all week, eaten out every day and had a couple of glasses of wine most days, so I'm just pleased to have not gained! Back to normal next week, time to get back to it!

• Well done Rappter for staying the same after what sounds like a very hectic week of entertaining. you obviously made sensible choices in other areas to compensate for a couple of glasses of wine here and there.

If you have a quieter week planned then hopefully you will show a weight loss next time.

• A maintain is such circumstances is brilliant, well done!

• I agree that a maintain is really good after such a hectic week Rappter . Next week should be easier to stay on track. EJ

• Very well done on your Maintain Rappter ๐Ÿ˜Š As you correctly say, reversing a trend of gaining is a success in itself ๐Ÿ˜Š

Have a good week ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Staying the same when you know you have had extras, is no bad thing Rappter Hope you have had a lovely time with your visitors. Here's to you finding your track again ready for a loss next week. :)

• well done on maintaining despite your busy week

• Sounds like a lovely week Rappter! It's nice to be able to go off piste once in a while and keep things on an even keel.

• Really good work if you have had visitors. It could have been much worse. Well done

• I didn't weigh in for the first time last week since starting my weight loss journey in January as I was on holiday in the Lake District with my husband. Although we had a good couple of days walking we were then scuppered by the weather and of course there was plenty of eating and drinking (although I did try to make sensible choices). When I got home last Saturday the scales did show a gain so I am pleased to report a weight of 72.5kg this morning which is a loss of 500g since my last weigh in.

Back to my exercise regime this week culminating with a 10km run yesterday and about a 1km swim on Tuesday evening. Hope you all have a great weekend and are not suffering too much in the heat.

• Who hoo Fjb6 ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š 500g loss over two weeks including a holiday is fantastic! Very well done! ๐Ÿ˜Š

And such great exercise too, there's no stopping you ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Sorry to hear that your holiday was spoilt by poor weather, but delighted that you are back on track already. A 500g loss is excellent news, and plenty of exercise too. :)

• We knew rain was imminent so made the most of the first 2 days with my Fitbit recording 202 floors climbed on the first day (I couldn't have done that 6 months ago!)

All in all we had a great time. My youngest had just finished his A-levels, so left all the offspring at home and it was just the 2 of us. Great to no longer be tied to school holidays.

• That is such progress Fjb6 The scales do not tell the whole story.

And I'm sure it was lovely being away in term time on your own. :)

• well done

• I find it incredible how consistent you are Fjb6! I live in the NW and the weather was really up and down last week, so I'm glad you managed to get some decent walks in. Are you close to your target weight now?

• Thank you lismcl. I don't have a definite final target but my next one is a healthy BMI of 25 (when I joined this forum my BMI was 33.6) and I think that is in another 2 to 3 kilos. After that I aim to find a range I am comfortable with and then try to stick within it.

• That's not far away now!

• Thank you Anna61 for hosting and the encouragement๐Ÿ˜Š.

Despite eating out a couple of times whilst away in our motor home the walking I did and trying to make sensible choices meant that I have a small loss of 0.2 lbs! I was 12st 7.8 lbs on the 23rd June and I am now 12st 7.6 lbs. A small victory as it is probably the first time I have had a loss after a trip away. I hope next week to lose slightly more lol! But feeling encouraged...onwards and downwards...

• That's a big victory pot58 losing ANYTHING whilst on holiday is fantastic and prof that you really have this thing nailed! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ….

Very well done!

• The thought of putting a gain here was an incentive! So glad to have the support and help from here. I love my OH dearly but he doesn't really understand .....0.2 lbs wouldn't mean much to him lol!(He's never had to think about his weight or what he eats๐Ÿ˜”)

• Great news about your 0.2lbs weight loss - motorhomes are obviously the way to go, as I lost weight on my motorhome holiday too. :D And I walked a lot.

Keep it all up, you are doing so well.

• well done

• Well done pot58 - great loss whilst on hols!

• Morning Anna,

This is a very quick drop in, have family here and am trying to sort out breakfast.

today I weigh 15st 3 1/2 lbs - I think this is a STS, if not it's 1/4lbs on. YellowRose55, please could you check for me, I will write it down in future.

I will come back and do some cheering later on, have another hospital appointment with my son this morning.

Good luck everybody.

• Whichever it is it is a positive lucigret you have been so hectic and so much birthday fun last week.

Well done

• Maybe, but I haven't shifted in weeks and it's not for the want of trying.

Think I am finding it difficult to concentrate on 'me' and realise that I am not weighing at tea times. I do the rest of the day. Will have to try harder next week!

• We are always the last person we concentrate on. We make sure everyone else comes first in the queue!

• It's hard to remember that 'me' counts lucigret ,but I rationalise it by thinking I need to give time to me so that I can be there for my family...good luck next week๐Ÿ˜„

• Thank you for taking the time wdrop by on a busy day. Best wishes with your son's hospital appt. Hope it all goes well. And well done too for keeping it all going when you're so busy. You are wonderful ๐Ÿ˜‡

• That's not surprising lucigret after the week you've had, birthday, visitors and hospital drama ๐Ÿ˜• fingers crossed today, and I hope next week is better for you ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Very sorry lucigret Last week you were 15 stone 2.5 lbs, so sadly it is a 3/4lbs gain.

That said, you have had such an eventful time, and were without access to "good" food yesterday. All very stressful, and not helpful to healthy eating or weight loss. Put it behind you (metaphorically, not literally please) and just move on and see if things work out better for you next week. You will do it, just have patience.

• well done

• Good luck at the hopsital lucigret!

• Morning all

Hope everyone is keeping well

My stats.. last week 162lbs

Today 161lbs

Loss 1 lb

I worked harder this week for this 1 lb loss than i did for the 3lbs last week!!

Onwards and downwards.

• Well done 13Valerie on your loss. Your average is 2lbs per week which is fantastic ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘. Best wishes EJ

• Thanks EJ

• Thanks for your support and encouragement

• Well done 13Valerie on your 1lb loss

• Thanks dolly66. I find your badge very inspiring ๐Ÿ˜Š

• That's still a good loss 13Valerie ๐Ÿ˜Š Am I right that is 4lbs lost in total? A perfect rate of loss ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Yes that's 2lb per week average. I'm following the NHS plan and enjoying the support from the forum. Thanks to all

• well done

• Yay 13Valerie what a good loss....good luck for next week!!!!

• Thanks pot58. Best wishes to you fellow newbie!

• Great work 13Valerie 1lb is worth losing and your efforts have paid off. You will have your 7lb badge in no time. :)

• Thanks missisb, i had forgotten about that! Always something to look forward to

• That's great 13Valerie - it's always the way with weight isn't it! I always seem to lose when I'm not trying as hard!

• After celebrating my birthday over weekend & putting 2lb on ๐Ÿ˜ฉ.

Last week12st 3lb

This week 12st 2lb

1lb loss.

Really pleased with that as it was husband b'day during week too. So have had a glass or two of the naughty stuff (still tried to count them)

• That's an excellent achievement Dolly66 ๐Ÿ˜Š You are obviously making the right choices! Very well done!

Have a good week๐Ÿ˜Š

• well done :)!!

• Back on a downward trend Dolly66 so a great recovery, especially as you still managed to enjoy your husband's birthday. :)

• well done

• Wow Dolly66 thats a good result! Happy belated birthday to your OH ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽˆ

• That's a great result Dolly66! Just goes to show that you can still have treats and lose overall. Hope you enjoyed yours and your hubby's birthdays.

• ๐Ÿ–’๐Ÿ–’๐Ÿ–’ good going!

• Good for you dolly66 life would be very boring without celebrations

• Good morning Anna61 and the Fabulous Feelgood Friday Folks. I was so taken up with everyone else's news that I almost forgot to post mine.

You may all remember (or not) that last week my weight was 9st 13lbs, having gained 2.5lbs on holiday. However this week.. wait for it.. (drum roll)... I now weigh 9st 10lb so that is a loss of 3lbs.

I am really pleased, needless to say, because that is my holiday gain gone plus an extra half pound.

I hope to lose a pound next week too so I just have to keep on doing what I am doing.

Good luck and best wishes to you all. EJ

• Whoop whoop NannyEJ very well done! You are so good at this! Fantastic news ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ‰

Have a super weekend

• Thank you xx

• That is a fantastic loss :) Well done!

• Thank you xx

• Wow, that is great going NannyEJ Losing holiday weight and more besides is brilliant. Keep on doing whatever you are doing. It is working well. :)

• fabulous well done

• ๐Ÿ‘ฏThink that deserves a happy dance NannyEJ ...

• Well done NannyEJ, you must be so pleased!

• Said goodbye to that holiday gain but at least you've still got the memories!

Seems to be working for you NannyEJ, good job!

• Wow go you๐Ÿ˜€fantastic

• Morning all and thanks for hosting Anna61

Well done 13Valerie well done, your hard work has paid off and you should be pleased....Keep working. It's funny how sometime you really work at it for seemingly little reward and then another week think you did bad only to lose a decent bit and another week freelance good then find you've gained... Keep plugging away, you can reach your goal.

Pitchford26 Well done for starting C25K. Trust in that programme, it works. I think it should be better called C to 30 mins. . Don't worry about speed or distance. .it's the minutes that count. I totally amazed myself by doing it...I am slow, and slower still. I hope you have found the C25K community here on Health Unlocked. Lovely supporting encouraging advice on there too. I strongly recommend it. Many regulars on there too.

Ceals What are you waiting for? Run - just do it ๐Ÿ˜. There are the NHS podcasts you can download or via the NHS "one you" app where you pick a celeb to guide you... I had Sarah Millican in my ears, encouraging me on.

Weigh in:

I don't recall whether I weighed in lat week, I meant too but don't think I got round to it. Last week I was 101.4,kg which was a gain on the previous week when I did post 100.8kg. This week I have shifted that gain and today am 100.6kg

I do seem to be struggling to progress from my 2 stone mark...but do want to hang on to that badge. So much of it is psychological and that's where my issues mostly lie.. I won't give up though...

• No you won't give up! You're doing great! 2 stone off means you know how to do it and ul keep going! I saw on one of my documentaries over the weekend sometimes your brain needs a symbol or image to understand what you want.. a pic of yourself slimmer is a good eg, this sends a msg to ur brain that further change is needed. Sounds facile but positive images can't hurt, maybe throw a pic on the fridge!

• That's a great tip and worth a try

• So that is a net loss over two weeks of 200g MotherPip which is about the rate I lose weight ๐Ÿ˜• But the overal trend is down which is fabulous ๐Ÿ˜Š

If you need any extra help or advice with meals and calories please check into the DAily Diary as I am finding it really helpful ๐Ÿ˜Š

• well done

• Keep going at MotherPip! I am not far off my 2 stone badge and I do find it's taking forever!! But it's better than the alternative.

• You did indeed abandon us at the Weigh In last Friday MotherPip Just because I was hosting it and not Anna, there was no need to ignore me. :D

200g is definitely worth losing. You will move in time - you've arrived at 2 stone, and those scales will keep showing a loss - keep doing what works. :)

• Well done on your loss MotherPip

Thanks for the info about the podcasts, I hadn't realised that about the podcasts. I would quite like Sarah Millican too - she is very funny.

• I love podcast Ceals ๐Ÿ˜Š Try foodforfitness.co.uk and futilitycloset for small forgotten stories from history ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Heyyyy :) this is my very first weigh-in, trying to do them every Friday and only joined last week.

I've lost nothing bahaha how annoying. I was 56.4kg last week and I'm 56.1kg this week! :') not even a lb. Oh well, it hasn't put me off trying :) will keep with my nice food plans and doing couch to 5k three times a week.

well done to everyone else!

• I am sorry to disagree with you knoxbear but that's 300g off, which considering you don't have very much to lose is perfect!

So try to be positive!! In 12 weeks you could be at your target weight๐Ÿ˜Š

I'm not sure if you realise, but we ask everyone on the weigh in to respond to earlier weighers please, that way everyone receives support ๐Ÿ˜ŠThank you

• Oh! I have been liking posts before I've been posting, I'll leave comments too.

• Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Congrats on the loss :)

Even if it doesn't seem like a lot, a loss is still a loss no matter how small :)

• well done

• knoxbear If you bought a packet of low sugar muesli( was going to say coco pops bu went for the sensible choice lol) and got home and found it was 300 g lighter than it should have been you would not be happy! Also if you had gained 300g you wouldn't be happy! 300g is a loss and it all adds up....be happy with yourself you've done well๐Ÿ˜Š

• :D hahahah you are absolutely right!! thank you for putting this into perspective for me :)

• Every gram counts knoxbear! A kg is a lot to lose, so better to mark it in chunks.

• There are plenty of folks on the Weigh In who would happily cheer at a 300g loss knoxbear Just remember that slow and steady is the best of ways to make progress - and just think how that all adds up week on week to a significant loss.

You are obviously finding good foods to eat, and starting exercise too is a great achievement.

• Thank you :)

I didn't mean that it was a bad loss for anyone else, just a personal note, sorry to anyone I offended

• Ha. We really don't offend easily around here. We will be bashing you with our pom-poms every week though. ๐Ÿ˜€

• Hold on there knoxbear that's a loss of 300g... it all adds up you know

• Not such a great week this time! I only went over my allowance once, but I have felt horrible bloated for the first half of this week (eating curry and naan bread obviously doesn't agree with me). It did make me realise before I started eating better I just sort of lived with a constant cycle of bloating! Now when I bloat I realise just how uncomfortable it is!

Anyway, on with the results

Starting weight - 13 stone 3

Last week - 12 stone 9.6

This week - 12 stone 9.6

No change for me this week but oh well! I am still on track and I feel my fitness level has increased massively!

xxx

• Well done on maintaining LaurenS91 and it could well be partly water retention if you are bloated ๐Ÿ˜• I am glad you are feeling healthier and fitter as this is more important than the numbers on the scales๐Ÿ˜Š

When you get chance, will you please respond to theirs on the weigh -in thread? That way, everyone gets lost of support ๐Ÿ˜Š

• well done on maintaining and not gaining

• That's a good maintain LaurenS91. Bloating is really horrible, so you'll probably lose something next week when it settles.

• Perhaps there have been some changes not reflected by the scales LaurenS91 Something fitting better or looking better. The scales are moving in the right direction overall, and you are obviously learning how foods affect you, so I am sure they will be moving again for you soon. :)

• Bonjour fellow feelgood Friday flabfighters! Hope you're all feeling good today regardless of what the scales tell you. Hope you all feel inspired to either do better, ramp it up or keep it up based on what you've seen today. Woo!

I forgot to weigh in last week but the week before I was 205.4 and now I am 203.2! Ok so it's 2.2 pounds in a fortnight and I'd like that per week. Butttttt I'm gona make some wee changes and I know I'll see this improve! I'm delighted to be down 2 pounds given some slips and slides from the plan. And I feel like I'm overcoming hard days (with major help from you guys and from my guy) and maybe finding my stride? Tentatively I say that.

I started at 224. So overall now I've lost 20.8 pounds. 0.2 off my next goal of 1.5 stone. I'm so excited and happy.

Thank you thank you thank you to this forum. We are a wee family aren't we

Xxx

• Good morning HappyBibi and it is so good to hear you back to your usual happy self after a few doubts this week โค๏ธ

Some weeks the weight loss can be frustratingly slow, but the overall trend is down, and you are clearly enjoying the journey which is so important ๐Ÿ˜Š

Have a super weekend lovely Bibi ๐Ÿ˜Š

• well done HappyBibi that's determination right there....i think i will take on board your "do better" AND "ramp it up" for the coming week!!! I've let myself down a bag full this week!๐Ÿ˜” you are doing so so well, keep it up, ill be behind you trying to keep up!๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜˜

• Just over 1lb per week is great HappyBibi and as I keep saying, the smaller losses are more likely to be sustainable. 1lb a week over a year is nearly 2stones. Remember, this is not a quick fix but a complete lifestyle change. Doesn't matter how long it takes because the improvements in your diet and fitness will have a massive impact on the quality of your life forever.

You have already lost a huge amount of weight and must be feeling so much better.

And yes, we are like a wee family who support each other through good times and bad.

Best wishes EJ

• well done

• That's great HappyBibi - 20lbs off overall is a great figure. You are doing great!

• Fantastic effort HappyBibi, you've come a long way and are still going great, keep it up.

• Hello HappyBibi Glad you remembered us in time this week. :) 2.2 lbs in a fortnight is very good going - and I would say you were better off losing that in a fortnight than in a week. Don't forget there are some lovely scented roses to be enjoyed along the way. I am so pleased things are beginning to fall into place for you - it took me ages, and even now I value reading other people's threads who have been on the journey far longer than me, and just get it better.

Lovely family here. :)

• thanks Anna61 for hosting.....afraid I've let myself (and the Friday team) down again. A gain for me this week which i am not in the slightest surprised at

last wk 16st 9lb 10oz

this wk 16st 11lb 4oz

gain of 1lb 10oz if my calculations are correct!

now to find a way back onto the wagon. There've been things in my mind this week, but that's no excuse. I need to get the focus back as the past two wks have been too haphazard!

well done to everyone who has lost and maintained this week, and onwards and downwards to those if you who are in my boat this week! Let's not sink it!๐Ÿ˜‚

• No allycan you haven't let us or yourself down. Life is full of pitfalls and you just have to accept that some weeks will be better than others.

So, you had a gain but it is not the end of the world. Just draw a line under it and move on. Next week should be better now that you are determined to take action. Good luck. EJ

• Lol to the sinking boat! You're here, you're ready to get on track and you know where you've gone astray a little. This is the recipe for a comeback even Mariah herself would bow to! We stumble, we backtrack, we lose our way a little.. but we come back and we go hell for leather!!! Cheering you on!!!!

• ahh allycan don't beat yourself up, you can do this I know you can. Come on *links arms* lets keep going :D

• Aw, never mind allycan, it's just blip. Take a deep breath and start again today.

• Aw allycan we all have bad weeks...it's how we get back on the wagon that shows we've changed our ways! The journey continues even tho you have some detours lol and I don't mean to the bottom of the sea....we are all bailing and rowing with you..๐Ÿšฃ๐Ÿšฃ๐Ÿšฃ๐Ÿšฃ๐Ÿšฃ

• allycan you are in sooooooo much trouble with me for suggesting you are letting the Feelgood Friday Folks down - you're not, things happen, we're all in this together supporting each other whatever happens, good or bad, trials and tribulations, successes and just simply losing the plot.

You've still lost a stone, and yes, you have put on a little, but overall you have great new habits and determination, and we are here to support you in finding your way downwards again. :)

• Hi Fab friday feelgooders.

thank you anna for hosting and well done to all who maintained or lost, and for those who gained for keeping positive and getting back to it.

Last week I was 16st 8lbs, this week I am 16st 7lbs, which is 1lb loss. Very happy with that as it means I've lost 21lbs since I started losing weight. Going shopping next week for some clothes with all the money I've put aside from losing weight.

• Well done Beth_19! Enjoy the clothes shopping! Have you got your eye on anything in particular?

• yes a nice new dress with shoes too, havent had anything nice and new for a long time so losing weight is a great incentive, as generally i hate clothes shopping

• I'm exactly the same - I always say I'll go shopping and buy a load of stuff once I've lost weight! But then I haven't lost enough, so I don't do it. I have a lovely Size 12 dress I bought from M&Co a couple of years ago and it very nearly fits me! I'm really looking forward to eventually wearing it!

• Way to go Beth, have fun shopping.

• thanks

• brilliant work Beth well done!!๐Ÿ’ช

• thanks allycan

• Flags waving, banners flying, streamers sailing!!! You've reached 1.5 stones! Is there a badge for this???? Perhaps YellowRose55 might know that answer! Well done to you and hope clothes shopping is a real treat for u! ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

• lol thanks, don't think there is a badge for this one but its a step closer to the 2 stone badge :D

• Sorry, no badge for Beth_19 for 1.5 stones HappyBibi you have to get to 2 stones. The only half stone badge is the first 7lb one. :)

• That is lovely Beth_19 So pleased you have lost another 1lb, 21lbs in total is a great milestone. Looking forward to hearing all about your clothes shopping trip.

• I've STS this week - so 11st 3/4lbs last week and the same this week again. But I do have a nice non scale victory to share - I did my measurements today and I have lost 1/4 inch from my waist and 1 inch from my hips.

It's been a mixed bag this week - I've eaten out 3 times - I had a lovely slow rib ramen from Wagamamas and a roast beef dinner that was amazing from a local pub. And my exercise has been up and down too. Still can't complain!

• well done on the inches loss :D

• Thanks, I'm really pleased with it! My waist is now almost out of the diabetes "danger zone"

• id say a sts is a victory after eating out three times. You must be very controlled, well done!!๐Ÿ’ช

• Ha,ha,ha! Not in the slightest! I had wine and a creme brulee the night we went to the pub! The STS is a miracle of god I feel.

• Just shows that it's not just the scales that show results lismcl . An impressive STS and reduced stats when you've had a few meals out. I'm sure on those days you compensated in other ways to make sure you weren't too OTT.

• I have definitely tried to reign it in on the other days, but when I look at my stats for this week, they're not wonderful overall. Must try harder this week.

• Wow lismcl I love the losses showing up on the tape measure - they are great, and make for a very happy stay the same. And you must have been putting in enough effort in between your meals out to make this week a great success for you.

• Thank you to all who have responded to me today. Today is tough, news from hospital slightly worrying. On top of yesterday's drama is bit hard to deal with. Feeling pretty low at the moment.

I would like to curl up in a ball and just go into hibernation for a few hours, but alas I have promised to get my Mum out, so off I go again.

I will get my head in the right place over the weekend and try to get some time to stop.

Wishing all Feel Good Friday Folk good luck on you journeys. See you all here next week.

• (((hugs))) to you lucigret Hope you have time to work through things in your mind and you feel able to cope. Always here if you need me.

• Take it as easy as possible this weekend and we are all sending positive vibes your way xxx

• Thinking of you lucigret โค๏ธ

• I always end up so busy reading people's wonderful posts here on a Friday, that I forget that I am supposed to be saying what I am up to as well. :D

So, a 0.25lb loss for me - very happy and satisfied with that.

Trying to increase and vary the exercise at the moment, without it taking over - I would always rather go for a walk, or a row than do my housework anyway. :D Oh, and Mr B has had our bikes out - it turns out mine needs an emergency admission to the bicycle hospital, and in the meantime, it's going nowhere.

This weekend, I am going to turn out the whole of one of my cupboards of clothes. As things have moved around the house, clothes and so on have scattered into various places, and then I haven't been able to get into them, and it's all a messy muddle. As I discovered when I went on holiday, there are clothes in my wardrobe that it is no longer possible for me to wear without the potential for them causing me embarrassment as they are oversized, so I need to have a serious turnout so I know that anything I do take out, will probably fit. I have plenty of charity and rag bags ready.

• Better late than never MissisB 1/4 lb is 1/4 lb and in the right direction. You can't have far to go now? ๐Ÿ˜Š

And I'm glad you are sorting out your clothes, we don't want any embarrassing moments!! Lol ๐Ÿ˜Š

Have a super weekend

• Good to keep the direction down MissisB ...well done. And what a great problem to have...clothes that don't fit because they are too big..yay!!!! I think I must get my bike out...my husband is threatening to give it away but I have n't given up on it yet๐Ÿ˜

• Hi Anna , I realised I made a boo-boo on my post earlier, I have edited it but wanted to let you know that my start weight was 77.9kg so I have only lost 3.2kg over the 3 weeks ๐Ÿ˜ sorry xx

• That's still an excellent loss henderslh so don't be sorry. I just feel terrible having to remove your badge, but you will soon get it back I'm certain! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• That's ok - I'd rather have earned it properly ๐Ÿ˜€ I will post the correct info next week I promise ๐Ÿ˜œ

• I think its with using kg ๐Ÿ˜• I do because my GP does but I still need to convert to stones and pounds

• Still a great loss so far. That badge will return. Great honesty. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Fabulous day folks!! Almost 300 replies is a lot of support even by Friday standards!! But that's my bed calling me.

This weigh-in is now closed

You may also like...