Hi, please do you have a fast heart beats when overweight?

Hello, i am 40 years old, after a thyroid problems my weight gain on 250 lbs.. i gained 55lbs in just 5 months. Now i am on medication for thyroid and trying to get the weight down. What i would like to ask.. is it because of my weight that almost every movement makes me fast heart beat ? Walk just a few of stairs, move on bed from one side on other... I never was very slim person , but now i am in the higher weight ever. I am on diet, but because if this heart beatings i am afraid to exercise ..

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi and welcome, Marci :)

We aren't medically qualified, so I would advise that you speak to your GP about any medical concerns that you have.

Take a look at the Pinned posts section to the right of your screen (bottom if you're using a mobile), or in the drop down on the 'Posts' page (it says 'arrange by'). Read the Welcome Newbie thread, then move through to the challenges, where we hope you'll find at least one that will appeal to you.

Move down to the Topics, to find a variety of threads, collated into specific topics for ease of access and we ask that you also 'file' your own threads, so that others won't miss your important news.

Take a look at the NHS 12 week plan, as a lot of people have been successful with it, making sure to enter your details into the BMI calculator, to get a calorie allowance tailored to your personal requirements. Don't forget to take your starting measurements and a 'before' picture, as they can be very motivating on days that the scales refuse to co-operate.

We run a weigh-in every day of the week and you'd be very welcome to join one of them. The threads can always be found in the Events section, to the right of the HOME page, bottom on a mobile.

We also run a Daily Diary, where we share our meal and exercise plans for the day. It's a great place to get ideas and to keep us focused. The link can also be found in Events.

Be aware, that the HU app doesn't give you access to all of our important features, so we advise that you use the full website page.

We've found that to get the best out of this community, we need to be active on the forum, as it's where we exchange information, get motivation and inspiration and make friends. We hope that you'll join us here, regularly, too.

It's only left for me to wish you well on your journey :)

• Hi Marci76 Please see a GP as soon as possible, Never ignore a racing heart beat. Look after yourself and wishing you better and fit.

• There are a number of reasons for an increased heart rate but its something that you should talk to about with a medical professional. please see you GP for proper advice.

• As per others Im not medical and I agree chat with your GP. I have had under-active thyroid for over 20 years and Im wondering if your Thyroxine may be too high? I repeat speak to your GP though as he can test it for you x Good luck with the diet xxx

• Hi Marci76

Welcome ! I see from your other post that you suffer from a fear of having a heart attack. Being overweight can put extra stain on all our major organs so eating a healthy diet is a good thing and will help you feel well physically and mentally. Pop back to your doctor and they can reassure you that your heart is fine with another ecg. Xx

• I've recently started wearing a fitness tracker that also measures heart rate. I'd never realised before how low my heart rate goes at night. When I'm asleep, my heart rate is between 45 and 55 bpm. When I'm awake but resting, it's about 60 bpm and when I move around and do normal day to day stuff, it's around 75 bpm. If I do proper exercise, it's between 105 and 120 bpm. I think that's all pretty normal.

As others have said, I would see your GP if you are worried but our hearts need to have times of working more quickly. It keeps us healthy.

• I want to say big thank you to you all for your answers :)

You may also like...