Greetings

When I was 8, I was taken to the doctors because I was fat. "Don't worry" said the doctor, "you don't need to do anything because when he gets a growth spurt he'll be the right weight for his height" (or words to that affect). So, I've always been fat. I've dieted on and off over the past 15 years (at a guess) and I've often succeeded, but then for some reason or another I've fallen off the bandwagon and got heavier again.

I need to lose weight, get fitter and keep the weight off for various reasons, including so I can stop snoring. That will help with one of my problems.

Snoring-> bad sleep -> tired -> lots of coffee & eating for energy to keep going, comfort eating & eating due to lack of willpower -> trouble sleeping because of coffee & snoring -> bad sleep -> tired etc.

I've started the 12 week plan. I want to get into good habits. I want the habits to stick.

Wish me luck!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldest • newest
  • Morning NoSheds

Welcome to the weight loss forum.

You have taken the first step to breaking that visous circle your in of snoring, bad sleeep etc.

Come and join in with today's weigh in to record your starting weight, you can find it on the Home page on the right hand side or at the bottom if your on a mobile.

Take a look at the Welcome Newbie post in the Pinned post section at the right hand side or at the bottom if your on a mobile. Have a look at the nhs 12 week plan, many members have had success following this plan. Use the BMI checker to work out your daily calorie allowance.

Have a look at the Daily Diary which you can find on the Home page in Events. It is where all the members are sharing their daily plans on what they are eating and any exercise they are doing. This thread will give you some ideas on how to start.

Below the Pinned posts are the Topics where members share a range of weight related subjects.

Take your measurements at the start together with a photo so you can see the changes on the days the scales don't move.

We have daily weigh ins so why not come along and join us today. You can find the weigh ins on the Home page in the Events section on the right. Just click on the post in Events and record your start weight and any loss/gain or maintain for the week.

To get the most of the forum be active, share tips, recipes and experiences. Read some of the posts they are very motivating.

Have a good first week.

Rose

• They used to call it 'puppy' fat didn't they? I don't think now they are so keen to use that term with the massive (ha ha) growth of obesity!

• Similar experience with the nurse at school trying to tell my dad, except both her and my dad were over weight as well. Dad sent me out the room and told her to take a good look at herself before bullying a young girl. We walked to the shop and he bought me a fudge chocolate then sat on the swings in silence for a while. He gave me a hug, said dont worry about it and walked me back to class. I've always been tall like him, weights up and down like him but working on it now and that's all that matters in the end 😊good luck on your journey, keep smiling!

You may also like...