Zest's Update Post - Wearing the same top over a decade apart!!!

Zest's Update Post - Wearing the same top over a decade apart!!!

Hi everyone,

Over the weekend, whilst I was sorting out my wardrobe, I came across a top I wore back in 2006, when I was aged 40 years old, and so as today is my Monthly Maintainer’s Club weigh-in update, I decided to wear it again today, and post before and after photos to celebrate the changes!

I was 40 years old, and 18 stone 8 pounds in 2006 (bottom photo), and today I weigh 13 stone 3 pounds in 2017, and I’m 51 years old (top photo). So that’s 5 stone and 5lbs that I’ve lost, and I’ve maintained that loss for a couple of years now.

My last update post, 6 months ago is here, and I am attaching that one so I can keep them together in one post:

healthunlocked.com/nhsweigh...

I am extremely happy with my health and well-being since losing the weight, and the path to Losing and Maintaining has been helped by the ongoing support of this forum, and sticking with the principles of the NHS 12 week plan. In terms of eating, I prefer the Mediterranean diet overall – and more recently I have been doing intermittent fasting, where for the past couple of months I’ve not been eating any food after about 6.30pm. Hence I approximate a 14:10 pattern – where there’s a 14 hour fasting period (evening and overnight) and then a 10 hour ‘eating window’. I still allow myself cups of coffee and tea with milk during the evening, but no food. I find it works really well for me – although hunger pangs do happen about 9pm – but I can cope with them! I did try 16:8, but found that a little too challenging. I love my breakfast too much to miss out on it. ☺

I regularly walk and run occasionally as well – and I try to have a session at the gym at least once a week as well. I try to include and keep up some Strength exercises too. I am grateful to Ruth_canal_runner and suzybenj for reminding me of the importance of Strength exercises, and Suzy has reminded me this week of press-ups – must get back to those!

6 months ago I was still hoping to get down to my ultimate goal weight of 12 stone 7 pounds, but I now feel happy to Maintain within a ‘Maintaining Window’ of 13 stone to 13 stone 7 pounds, and I am working my way down to the lower end of that range, as that is the weight I feel better with. My ‘new BMI’ (which I use as I’m 6 feet 1 inch tall) is 23.12.

Anyway, I just wanted to celebrate the fact I have lost weight, and kept if off for over 2 years now (possibly more, as I’m losing count of time).

Thank you to everyone for the continued support, as being part of this great community here on Healthunlocked really makes the difference. The Administrators all do an excellent job, and make a great team, and everyone in the forum is so supportive and lovely. Some of you may know that I used to be an Admin previously, which helped my focus, but now I’ve given up my Admin hat and am enjoying the balance of being a regular member again. I still pop into the NHS weight loss forum, and also the Healthy Eating forum, and enjoy both.

I joined the forums in January 2013, and it really helped to motivate me and keep me on track with my weight loss goals, and now my Maintenance Goals. Being part of the Maintainer’s Club really helps. I love the Tortoise & Hare Club too – a lot of fun for all would be Runners.

Newbies:

If you’re starting out on your own weight loss journey, then I would say participate regularly in the forum, join in with things, and make the most of all the Challenges and weigh-ins, and enjoy all the lovely recipe ideas – and you’ll be well on your way to achieving your goals. :-)

The Daily Diary idea looks really good too – so many delicious meals described in there. :-) Great idea!!!

I would like to pledge today that I intend to keep within the lower end of my Maintenance Window and continue with the exercise and eating as healthily as I can, whilst enjoying a good balance.

Wishing everyone a great week.

Zest ☺

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

121 Replies

oldestnewest
  • The photos show an amazing change Zest congratulations and thanks for sharing your progress.

I'm having a bit of a plateau time at the moment and haven't posted my weight for a couple of weeks as I sort out what I'm doing -exercise good food not so clever. Have relaxed my recording on my fitness pal and had a few too many food treats.... I'm still checking in with the forum which as always helps.

All the best 😀

• Hi nac150,

Thank you. :-)

Sorry to hear you're having a bit of a plateau at the moment, but sounds like you're sorting out what you're doing, and I feel sure you'll be back on track again, once you've done that. Checking in with the forum definitely helps, and glad you're still doing that. :-)

Wishing you success and a great week ahead.

Zest :-)

• Wow what a difference between the two pictures You look years younger now compared to your 40s Thank you for your encouragement. It just proves age is no obstacle if one puts their mind to it. I sts last week and when I thought about it it was because I was starting to become a little complacent and had the odd extra wee treat again.However Im back on track today determined to have a good week.

I havent found the recipe section Perhaps you can point me in the right direction Hope you have another good week ahead

• Thanks shengorth - I am just popping out for a walk, but I'll reply to your message when I get back and will point you in the direction of the recipes then. :-)

• Im going to be out until 3pm ish so no rush Thank you

• Hi again shengorth,

Glad you are feeling better this week and I would say don't worry too much about the weeks that are 'stay the same' or 'maintain' as they are good to celebrate too - weight loss isn't linear, and there'll be little variations each and every week - it's the overall trend that matters.

For some reason I can't see the 'topics' section anymore - despite looking for it quite carefully - but I did manage to find a link to a previous thread which includes quite a few recipes - so hope this is a good starting point:

There is a massive amount of stuff in the various Topic sections in NHS weight loss forum, and hopefully someone will be able to point you the way to view them - and me, as I'd like to spot them again!

Wishing you a really great week, and thank you so much for your kind comments.

p.s. Just noticed the Topics list came back - I could swear they had disappeared from sight before. Not sure what went on there, but here's a link to the Recipes Topics:

• The 'topics' section is only visible when you are in a thread, not from the home page. This confused me for some time, could this have been the reason?

Have a look at this post shengorth for help finding your way around

Sorry to hi-jack your post Zest 😊

• Or make sure that you click on "Posts" at the top of your screen :)

• Thanks Anna61 and moreless - helpful to know how to find them. Thank you! :-)

• Wow, you look great. I am really surprised the top isn't way too big now!

• Hi lismcl,

Thank you. :-) I know what you mean, but it just shows how tops can be stretchy, and I suspect it's shrunk a bit in the wash. :-)

Hope you're having a great week.

• Well, it looks great, plenty of life left in it yet!

• Absolutely! :-)

• What a lovely post Zest and fabulous photo 😊 It is really good to see in black and white (or colour) the change in you.

You were the first person to welcome me when I started, you were and still are, an inspiration to me and many others 😊

I'm so glad you still active on the forum, and look forward to your input and photos of food 😊

I follow a very similar eating plan and philosophy to yourself so it is heartening to see you have maintained for so long.

Thank you lovely Zest 😊❤️😊 Xxx

• Thank you so much Anna61, it's been wonderful travelling the weight loss journey with all of you - and you and the current Admin team are fantastic in keeping things fun and inspiring - the forum is 'alive' because of your hard work and dedication - and you are all inspiring many people. So thanks for your hard work and commitment. I know I speak for many in saying that. :-)

I continue to love food, and celebrate it with regular photos - and love seeing other people's photos too - and the forum helps us to enjoy that celebration - I often feel like a 'food-voyeur' - but I am genuinely interested and enjoy it. :-)

Wishing you a great week.

• Fabulous Zest 🎉🎉

• Thank so much, Folliegirl - I hope you're having a great week! :-)

• Wow the difference is really very significant. I can see the similarities but if you'd said this was two different people I'd have easily believed you. I'm still very shy about showing a before and after photo so I'm in awe that you've done this. I hope this post and all the replies will give you a well-deserved boost and will also motivate anyone else who's stuck even getting started. Wishing you all the best for staying in your super slim maintaining window :) And, as lovely as this one looks, maybe it's time now to get some new tops :) 👕👚👗👚👕

• Hi Ruth_canal_runner,

My 'face-recogniser' in the computer tends to sort the photos as being 'different people' so I realise I do look very different now from previously. I used to be shy too - took me a long time to 'show my face' - but having done it for some of those past challenges we did in the past, thanks to Fizzylizzy13 and moreless, I'm now feeling relatively ok about it. :-)

So maybe you'll be able to share yours too sometime, but it's a very personal thing, so make sure you're comfortable with it, if you do decide to do so. Having met you, I know you're looking really GREAT - and I have been so impressed by your running achievements too - infact, I remember that you've posted a photo of yourself recently - so you have been brave! Great running time too! :-)

I have bought some new tops, but I held onto that one, as it is one of my old-time favourites... lol

Hope you have a great week.

• I'm not so brave re the before photos though... yes I've held onto a few things like that too :) I have to say you look even slimmer than when I met you. It was a couple of years ago though! Let me know if you're ever popping to London again :)

• I certainly will Ruth, it would be lovely to catch up with you face to face again, and I will certainly let you know the next time we pop over. :-) xxx

• Loving it zest, yes I try not to eat after 6, tough when you work shifts, 4 late ones for me, so dinner will be about 7!

Amazing you still have that top, you look younger now too.

Loving the fact you've maintained too x

• Hi Diana,

Thank you so much. :-) Yes, not eating in the evening has worked wonders. I am definitely going to continue with it - it has really helped.

I do try to get rid of old tops, but some of them just stick with me... lol

You're wearing that 'Maintainer' badge well - actually I might ask for one of those now!!! Great thought to have one. :-) moreless - are you around, could I have a Maintainer badge??? How exciting!!!

Diana, you've done briliantly and been so supportive of people, and I'd like to wish you a really great week ahead.

Thanks for your kind comments and I love the compliment about looking younger. :-)

• My pleasure, I think despite anniversary death dates , parents yesterday, I feel quite settled in life, despite my single status, having 3 fab brothers helps too!

Now I want another cat, Abby wouldn't allow it tho!

• Big hug to you Diana regarding your parents' Anniversary yesterday - I hope you are coping ok. Glad to hear you're feeling quite settled in life - and that your 3 fab brothers are such great support. :-)

• Sending positive vibes too Diana. I didn't realise it was a year already. Good to know you're in a good place and planning some trips to see your brothers. I think your cat might get on well with another cat. You'll never know unless you try! :) 🐱🐱

• Oh I think she would leave home, love to her bits, I want the perfect man to match the almost perfect cat tho😉,!

I just now want my house sorted, so much to do, and a small perfect kitchen too!

• Sounds like you have plans 💜💜💜

• Oh yes, kitchen, semi fitted dishwasher ( I hope) , new sink unit, ceramic hob to replace gas hob, new oven, that's the kitchen!

New bathroom, loft insulation and loft ladder, decorating and flooring throughout, garden makeover/paved!

Quite a list, stiff I've always wanted, unable to have tho

• Sounds good. We're in a very unmodernised house. We have plans too. Currently operating with a very old baby belling, only one working ring :) I hope you can get your plans moving quickly :)

• I hope so, just awaiting money from a house sale, after all, I've been here 16 years and wanted some of the stuff done them, funds didn't permit tho

• Moreless isn't around to day but I can sort your Maintainer badge with pleasure 😊😊😊

• Oh fantastic Anna61 - thank you very much! :-)

• Ooh - it looks good! Enjoy your new maintainers badge Zest :)

• I am very proud to be wearing it. Thanks Ruth! :-)

• You look blimming amazing! Well done!

• Hi suffolkwomble,

Thank you so much!!! :-)

I hope you're having a great week.

• Wow, what a transformation, I have found that really inspiring. Don't you just love those tops that seem to fit you what ever size, especially when they are a favourite.

I am not a runner and never will be, but I enjoy walking and other forms of exercise. I would love to hear what you do for strength exercise though, please share.

I like the idea of shortening eating time, not always easy in my house, we can't always eat at the same time in the evening. I don't eat breakfast until 9am and could have tea most nights by 7pm so I guess that would not be too bad to try and stick to.

I have to go to work in a minute so am going to come back and read your other up date later, thank you for posting and well done, your looking great👏🏻😃

• Hi lucigret,

Thanks very much, and yes, I do love a top that has the ability to fit a range of sizes!!! :-) What a versatile top!!! :-)

I enjoy walking more than running to be honest, but I have enjoyed doing a bit of running now and then.

Regarding Strength exercises, I have a DVD that I use once a week which is Bob Harper's Core Conditioning DVD - just 25 minutes duration, but involves using weights and following his instructions. I also have some Resistance bands - and I try to do some repetitions with those - although the number of times I remember to do that varies... I was doing regular Press-ups and sit-ups and squats - but again, this varies week to week as to whether I actually do any or do a few of those - September has been a month when I HAVE done it, as Ruth_canal_runner tends to do her lovely September Strength Challenge, and it really makes me focus and do them regularly. Because suzybenj has recently mentioned press-ups, it reminded me and I hope to do some regularly again - probably try to do 10 a day minimum - aiming for 25 a day (there I've said it, so hopefully I'll do that now).

Anyway, I really appreciate you asking about that, as you've made me re-consider it, and I will try to get back to doing it in a more focused and regular way!!! :-)

Good luck with trying the shortening of the 'eating window' - it has definitely helped me - and I am glad I tried it.

Have a great day, and as you can see, I've ended up writing you a long reply - so have a cup of tea and relax and have a read... :-)

Enjoy your evening later, and have a great week.

• Well done.

• Thank you 200444 - I am intrigued about your choice of name - but I'm guessing 'date of birth' or special date.

I hope you're enjoying the forum and that you have a great week.

• Wow I am sorry but you actually look so much younger now.😊

I had an idea you were the old admin Zest so I am soooo pleased you are still here working to keep yourself as healthy as can be and thank you, yourself and Moorless were the first to welcome me nearly a year ago.👍

Have a fab day and congratulations you look amazing⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• Hi Itsbab,

Yes, I'm one of the 'old Admin', and that myself and moreless welcomed you nearly a year ago - my name was 'Lowcal' back then, but I prefer my new name 'Zest' - sounds more full of life and vitality, which is how I feel. Like a refreshed Zest for Life.

I appreciate your kind comments, and you are sporting a very lovely '3 stone badge' - you are doing brilliantly!!!

Wishing you continued success and hope you have a really great week.

• That photo looks great. Yo look younger now than you did 10 years ago.

• HI Caroline62,

Thank you! :-) I feel younger than I was 11 years ago as well. So many things have improved - my skin is much better too - I used to experience lots of spots and redness, and now my skin is clear - I know it's down to my healthier diet.

I think your 'Super Trier' badge is great!!! :-) You've been very supportive to me on my journey, and thank you so much for that.

Wishing you a great week.

• You have helped me a lot more than you know. I think you were one of the first to answer me when I first joined. You are still helping me even though you may not know. I should be thanking you.

• We are mutually appreciating one another's help - it's a team effort, and this community is so great for enabling us to work together and help each other to achieve our goals. :-) I'm really glad that I've been able to help you as well - but it truely works both ways - we help each other. :-) xxx

• Very ture

• Wow Zest you look absolutely fantastic and have done amazingly :) and that top looks lovely on you :)

• Hi blackbeauty99,

Thank you very much. :-) I will be keeping my top - I've always liked the colours. :-)

I hope you're having a really good week.

• Whoopdidoo Zest - you are looking great! And how amazing to have the same top still and it fits! It is good to hear about your success too, and your regimen. I follow your posts on Healthy Eating too, thanks for those. Have a good week :)

• Hi Dietbunny,

Whoopdidoo - I like that!!! :-) Thank you for your kind words. :-) Great that you follow my posts in the Healthy Eating forum too - I sometimes feel a bit 'scared' or apprehensive to post my food there, as I wonder if people will say 'No, that's NOT healthy' - but I find that people are very positive in their replies, and I recognise that everyone is different about what is considered a 'healthy' food for them personally, or a food that they can personally tolerate - and it's great to get new ideas and see what people are enjoying, and what works well for them. :-)

Sorry, I am a bit overly-wordy when I get going - wish I could write things succinctly, but I seem unable to do that.

Wishing you an excellent week ahead.

• Brilliant Zest , you are an inspiration to everyone on here, you look like a different person now. Best of luck with maintaining, but sounds like you know what you are doing, fantastic!

• Hi Sailsalot,

Yes, I feel like a different person now as well - although I have to say that my 'body size' recognition is still a bit warped - in that I 'feel as if' I am much larger than I actually am... I am still a bit self-conscious of that, and am still surprised when I hear people tell me I'm 'slim'. It must take quite a long time for the mind to 'recognise' the changes internally - i.e. psychologically - and I'm not quite there yet. I am also aware that I am still self-conscious about wearing certain clothes - I often wear trousers or jeans for example, and tend to avoid skirts and dresses. I think I need a personal shopper to sort me out a new wardrobe! :-)

I hope you're having a great week, and that you're enjoying the 'Maintaining' process - I'm hoping to swap my badge to a 'Maintainer' one today.

• I'd like to get some new summer clothes too Zest . Last year I made do with some of my old things, but they have all gone into charity bags now, no turning back!!! Got into buying new smaller things over the winter, now ready to get things for the warmer weather. You are lucky to be tall, you can wear anything and look good; I only really wear skirts and dresses in hot weather, lets hope we get some. Enjoy the shopping!

• Thanks, you too!!! :-)

• Be a busy bee on eBay? I've found lovely jeans there, I still stick to the brands I know and trust, m & s jeans and some monsoon stuff, which reminds me I need another sort out!

• You look stunning and for me you've achieved the holy grail of maintaining for so long. I'm heartened that I do many of the things that you describe and thanks a million for sharing the secrets of your success with us all. You look a totally different person now; so healthy and happy and I couldn't be more pleased for you. x

• Hi kalahuchi,

You're very kind, thank you so much! :-) You are also doing brilliantly - wearing your 5 stone badge - wow!

Yes, I do feel healthy and happy now, and I know I wasn't either of those two things a decade ago - my mind and body were both in a different place - and I am so glad that things have changed for the better now.

Wishing you a really great week ahead.

• I'm staggered by the change in your visual appearance, Zest and have to agree with others and say that you look 11 years younger now, rather than 11 years older and the new found confidence that you've gained, is obvious in the pictures. You look absolutely stunning in your tardis type top :)

However, inside, you are still the kind, caring, warm-hearted, sincere person that you always have been and I'm proud to have worked alongside you and learned from you. I'm so pleased that you have found a nice comfortable niche on HU and are settled and happy with your maintenance weight range.

You continue to be a huge inspiration to us all, thank you :) xx

• Hi moreless,

Thank you so much for your kind words - and I want to thank you in turn for everything that you've done - you have contributed a vast amount of your time, care and patience in the forum, and have made a big difference to the place in terms of injecting your great sense of humour and lovely persona - and whilst you may be virtually half the woman you used to be (weight-wise) - which is hidden underneath that 'Administrator' badge - how many stones have you lost now??? Many many of them - and you are a healthy and vibrant Runner - gamboling over Scottish highlands - 24km recently wasn't it? I am amazed by your ability to do that - very very impressive - but I know your feet are suffering, and I hope you've had a good soak in a lovely warm bath.

Yes, I am feeling happy with my Maintenance weight range, and feel sure I'll stay within it - all being well.

Wishing you an excellent week, and thanks again for your help and support.

• Thank you and without hijacking your thread, which should be all about the lovely you, I shall leave you with this ;)

• Extremely apt - thank you ;-)

• Completely brilliant - what a wonderful and inspiring transformation.

You look really healthy and happy- well done - and thank you so much for sharing:-)

• Hi suzybenj,

Thanks very much - and having known you along the entire stretch of my journey in this forum, I'd like to thank you for your great support, you've really helped me realise my goals. So thank you, lovely Suzybenj - and here's to a good few press-ups this week - thanks to you reminding me of their existence. Hope yours are going well so far this week.

Here's to a great week ahead. Hope you're enjoying being in those 11's! :-)

• thank you-mutual admiration society

The 11s - are cool - but watching like a hawk....

• :-)

• Hi Zest,

WOW! Well done you, it's been my pleasure to know you in some way, shape or form, for the last 22 months including the 4 months I spent on the Fab 5 admin support team along side you :)

It's great that you feel happy in your body now, and one day, I'll join you in that maintainer's club :)

Rob :P

• Wow RobLandsdown91 - has it really been 22 months!!! Time is flying by! I remember your early posts, when you were doing those blogs about how famous people lose weight, and they were interesting. I was thrilled when you joined in to support the then Fab 5 Admin Support team (previous system to people who have no idea what we're talking about there) - and you have been so helpful and encouraging to many people on their journeys and you continue to make people smile and I am very glad you're looking forward to joining me in the Maintainer's Club - you are already well on your way - you've done brilliantly - and I know you've had a lot of things to contend with along the way. You are inspiring Rob, and I'd like to thank you for your support to me on my own journey - I've really appreciated it. A great buddy! Thank you :-)

Hope you're enjoying the week so far, and that the sun is shining. It's a glorious day here today. Really as if Summer has arrived. :-)

Any excuse to get the 8-) 8-) out. :-)

• Thank you Zest, and well done again, to you :)

It's still freezing here :(

• Oh no, we should send you some of our sunshine... Hope it warms up soon. :-)

• Oh and I should say, I still know you as Lowcal ;)

• lol :-)

• Amazing,

Well done .

Gary

• Hi Gary,

Many thanks! :-)

Hope you're having a great week.

• Nice to hear such a nice story.

Gary

• Thank you :-)

• Thanks for sharing your photos - you look great! Such a difference. I am glad you are still here as you are an inspiration to people like me who still have a way to go before I can even think of maintaining. 🌺

• Hi EllaMidlands,

Thank you so much. :-) I can see that you're doing brilliantly on your journey - your '5 stone badge' looks brilliant on you, and I hope you're enjoying the journey so far. I'll look forward to the time when you'll be joining the Maintainers. :-)

Wishing you an excellent week ahead.

• I am 3lb off my 6 stone badge but it is isn't always easy. It's good to know weight loss can be maintained because I don't intend to let it go back up.

• Wow, fantastic - not long now till you'll be getting that 6 stone badge. I can hear your determination not to slip-back and re-gain any weight, and that will stand you in good stead! :-)

• 51 never

• Hi shogg - I am definitely 51. :-)

How are you doing? :-) Great to see you - and hope you're having a good week. Are you still cooking sweet potato chips sometimes? I still have those, very tasty. :-)

• hi hun no i dont cook much at all now a days lol

hope your week is going ok and your all good

• Yes thanks, it's all good - I hope you have a great week, and it's good to see you again. Pity you're not cooking much, as I enjoyed your lovely photos of your food. :-) I still remember those great Mushroom Pizzas you did - really inventive and creative. :-)

• god that was a long time ago lol

• I have a good memory! :-)

• Shogg it's been a while! Hope all okay :) :)

• i,m just about still Breathing ruth

hope your good x

• Breathing is always a good start :) hope you get back to that ace cooking soon :)

• that seems like hard work to me

• Wowza! You have done brilliantly well and look great!

• Thanks Caz28,

Great to see you! :-) Thank you so much for your enthusiastic cheer of 'Wowza'! I like that!!! :-)

Hope you're enjoying your week. I've really appreciated your ongoing support through the times I've known you - thank you. :-)

• Ditto, you have helped me a lot and I really appreciate the forum, not been on here much lately, down to having the time to more than anything. Just been reading the maintainers club post though and nice to see everyone again 😊

• It's good to see you back! :-) xx

• Did think you were 'lowcal' 😀 Great to see you .

😇

• Hi flossie358,

Great to see you too!!! :-) Glad you recognised me.

Hope you're having a great week, and thank you for all your great support and encouragement to me over the years - I've really appreciated it.

Hope you are well and enjoying your week.

• WOW Mrs you are looking fab and you should be proud of all you have accomplished

Just hope I can do as good

• Hi cracker10 - thank you! :-) You are already on your way - you've got your 7lb badge, and it's looking cool...! Wishing you continued success, and hope you enjoy the process and your weight loss journey.

Have a great week.

• This is one inspiring post Zest.

Thanks for sharing, inspiring, motivating and just being a really genuine super nice lady.

I'm glad someone else has clothes 10 years old. I put on a dress today from the last decade in a size 12 and it flipping well fitted ... That's a result :)

:) :)

Jo X

• Hi jopo,

Great! I'm glad to hear you've fitted into your size 12 dress from the last decade - that is a great fashion, and a great result! :-) Congratulations!

I've really enjoyed sharing my post today - it's been lovely to re-connect with many people, and there have been so many lovely comments. I am feeling great! I can recommend doing an 'update post' to anyone - it is very fortifying!

Anyway, I'm going to go and watch some TV now, and have a good rest. :-)

Enjoy your evening, and have a great week.

• Masterchef is almost on and I love it. Hope you have a great evening too.

• Wow! You look amazing. What an inspiration you are. I am only just a couple of weeks in and have had a couple of stumbles in the last few days but your post has really encouraged me. Zest is such a great name....you look absolutely full of life in your photograph. I agree with other replies too - you're looking much younger now. Congratulations!!

• Hi affie,

Thank you very much for your lovely reply. :-) I really appreciate the kind things you said, and I'm glad that my post has encouraged you - and I really hope that you have an enjoyable weight loss journey. It's normal to have a few stumbles now and again, but it's the overall trend that counts, so wishing you success and hope you have a great week. I see you've already got a 7lbs weight loss badge, that is a fantastic achievement - you're on your way. :-)

• Hi Zest my friend, I have finally found time to reply to your post. What a fantastic picture. I think about the first picture, your older one is that you're smiling on the outside, but in the one at the top - way to go girl you're smiling on the inside too. Your skin looks way better and as everyone else said you look younger as well. THANK-YOU, you are an inspiration to everyone on this forum, and you have helped so many generously giving your time and energy who else gets 100+ replies to a post😄 a testament of your popularity with love 😘Prinxx

• Hi Prin,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, and you're right, in the second picture I am smiling on the inside and on the outside. You have been with me on this journey from the beginning of our time on the forum, and you've been very inspirational to me - so thank YOU, and here's to a continued friendship.

Hope you're having a great week so far.

Zest :-) xxx

• Zest, you look fantastic! What a change - in your shape, of course, but more importantly in your body language and the sparkle in your eyes. In the current photo you ooze with confidence, in the old one you don't like the camera to capture you.

• Hi IbenCopenhagen,

Thank you so much! :-) You're right, I didn't like having my photo taken when I was larger, but my confidence has improved since I've been feeling better in myself. :-)

You have been really enthusiastic on the forum, and you've helped to motivate me to continue maintaning, and thank you so much, fellow Maintainer. :-)

Here's to continued Maintenance and a great week ahead.

Zest :-) xx

• Wow you look fantastic! What an inspiration you are to me, and I'm sure lots of others. Thanks for sharing x

• Hi JiminyCricket,

Thank you so much. :-)

You are doing really well yourself, sporting your lovely 2 stone badge, and you have such an enthusiasm for growing great produce, I really enjoy reading about your ventures. I bought some Asparagus recently, and thoroughly enjoyed it! :-)

Wishing you an excellent week, and success with all your goals. :-)

• Glad you enjoyed it! My allotment job of the day is to weed my asparagus patch, so I'll be whispering sweet nothings to them to help them grow...!

• A fantastic summary of your successful journey Zest . You are clearly committed to (and not complacent with) Maintenance, and all that it entails. You look the picture of health ☺

• Thanks so much elliebath - and here's to us both enjoying many years of Happy Maintaining - it's for life, as you rightly said in the Maintainer's Club - and it's nice to have a balance of healthy food, exercise whilst also enjoying life.

Hope you have a great week ahead.

• 😊😊

• What a transformation - it just doesn't look like you at all. Well maybe a bit! The lady in the 2006 photo could be your older sister :D :D

Thanks for the mention :) I hope to do some bonus challenges possibly bring back the Exotic Fruit series :D

• Hi Fizzylizzy13,

Thanks so much! :-)

I love the fact you brought in so many great Challenges - and I have been eating pineapple regularly every since, and I still think of you when I eat it, so you've enhanced my range of fruits for definite! :-)

I'm thrilled that you're back in the forum again, and looking forward to many and varied adventures on your 'Kicking the Kms' Challenge - and hope you have a lovely week.

• Zest, I am SO behind - sorry - but just to say a huge well done with what you've accomplished. It is clear to see how much happier you are in your own skin. It's a lovely thing. Also, sorry to be embarrassing, but I think you have lovely eyes! In both pics!

I'm so pleased for you that you have a new zest ;) for life.

And I'd like to echo everyone else who has said thank you for being your wonderful self on this forum and all the hard work you have put in it to support and motivate others. It truly makes a difference :)

• Hi Lina,

You are very kind, and I really appreciate what you said. Thank you so much. You are a very supportive and lovely person, and I'm so glad that we are still in contact in the forum, and part of the Maintainer's Club - talking of which I need to pop over there right now, as I've been meaning to reply to your post that you did the other day. :-)

• Lowcal :-) :-) :-) :-) (or should I say Zest)

I've been lurking about reading some old posts and I came across this one. What a lovely surprise to see a photo of you, and looking soooo AMAZING :-)

I popped back into the site a week or so ago to re-boot again as I am putting a bit of weight back on - and I was wondering where you had gone to - but here you are :-)

Fab photo and a fab post ! Hopefully I will see you around the forum popping up now and again !

• Hi lucca10,

Oh I'm so excited to see you here again, long time no see!!!

Glad to hear you've been lurking, and thank you so much for your lovely comments. I appreciate them.

I have just returned from holiday - so I've not been around myself for a while either.

I'll look forward to seeing you around and about, and I'd like to wish you luck with your goals.

• Thanks @Zest (gotta get used to that new name :-)). Hope you had a lovely holiday and see you around :-) :-)

You may also like...