5k keeping at it

I know some of you out there are concerned with weight, I too at 67 years old and 65kilo would love to lose 5k more afer losing 2stone but now have been stable or months I have stopped worrying about my weight as I consider myself fairly fit going to gym approx 4 days 5k runs x3 weekly. Yesterday hubby & me did our local 5k park run course it was hard !! I have been working hard at the gym trying to strengthen my legs so that I can jog full 5k but its jog/walk for now but I get round without stopping, the muscles in my legs yesterday were bad so I know that I have been pushing myself at the gym even muscles in my bottom hurt(ha ha), today I am having a rest day & tomorrow I am trying a different park run which is run at a racecourse near me they say it is not as hard as my local one. Having rest day today. Keep at it everyone you feel good when you have achieved a bit of your goal just a bit at a time.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • It's a funny thing, kbed, but I find the combination of running and walking, a lot more difficult than just running! Maybe if you slowed right down, you'd find running for the whole 5K easier.

I'm a total tortoise, which I think is my saving grace. Any attempts to push myself to go faster, just results in pain! :D

Rest days are as important as exercise days, so enjoy yours today :)

• Thanks moreless you maybe right my hubby says I walk faster than I jog haha

• I think I'm the same! :D

You may also like...